Guess the movie from the screenshot!

First one must be "Them!"

Second one, I have no idea really.. "Cube" ?

Third one I can't really tell what the picture shows.

:)

Well done Sirius the first one is Them.

hard -> Wild guess - Metropolis (1928)

And well done to you too Wolfie it is Metropolis (1929)

and for those who want to know the medium one was The 4-D Man.

Alright!

As far the the (pretty loose) rules goes, turn goes to me.

But I haven't got any pics ready at the moment, so if Wolfie wants to take a shot, be my guest! :)

Alright!

As far the the (pretty loose) rules goes, turn goes to me.

But I haven't got any pics ready at the moment, so if Wolfie wants to take a shot, be my guest! :)

I'll defer my turn... Don't have any pics ready to go either.

Alright, I got some new ones for you!

(I have to admit that I got lazy with these ones. Got them on the internet instead of taking a screenshot from my DVDs)

Easy:

Film57.jpg

Medium:

Film58.jpg

Hard:

Film59.jpg

Easy = Stephen King's It

Medium = Starship Troopers

Hard = ?

Both are correct, Loco.

*Hint*

The Hard one is an American sci-fi movie made in the early 50's.

• 2 weeks later...

My oldest had to ask her parents what would be the movie which describes the stupidity of war the best, so here is one of my canditates:

Hard:

11294716_gal.jpg

Edited by chattius

I didn't find an english wiki-entry. It seems that Kubrick's "Path to Glory" was more popular in english speaking countries. The above movie plays in the alpes in world war 1. The alpine fighting between austria and italy. Italians were ordered to attack an austrian machine gun position uphill, protected with several lines of barbed wire. The plate wearing soldiers were ordered to cut away the barbed wire before the attack took place.

Another scene is when the general says that his soldiers are cowards and stands upright in the trench - no bullet hitting him for 10 seconds. Then he asks to do same from his men, a sergeant says that it is stupid because the austrians snipers would have adapted their visors to the distance by now. However one soldier stands up and is shot and his friend places a coin on his forehead to pay the ferryman to the underworld.

It is the italian movie "Uomini contro".

It is based on the book from Emilio Lussu "Un anno sull'altipiano ("A Year on the High Plateau", Sardinian Brigade, 1938, ISBN 978-1853753602)"

German title is 'Batallion der Verlorenen" = batallion of the doomed/lost.

English titles: Many wars ago, Just another war, Men opposed, ...

Somehow strange, this movie is more often in TV here than Path to Glory.

For the brewster armour, I think the movie plays 1916. But many countries played with body armour, mainly for snipers and machine gun crews. So it is possible that the brewster armour was used for the movie.

Easy = The fast and the furious.

Medium = .... I saw this one, maffia movie, can't remeber the title tho EDIT: Scarface ?

Hard = .... no clue

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Medium: Scarface, Al Pacino with a Colt AR15

Hard:

original: "Le Grand Bleu" from Luc Besson, great movie about free diving.

german: "Im Rausch der Tiefe" - would be: inebriation of the deep, stoned by the deep, something like that

English : direct translation from french:"The big blue"

Hard was easiest for me :) I watched way more movies before we had kids. My record in diving without apparates is 12 metres -well lake at my place isn't deeper. Even I play goalie at underwater rugby and I can stay dived for 3+ minutes, 214 metres (more than 700 feet) without breathing, outch. I met Nitsch at a diving meeting (referees at underwater rugby use lungue automats) were he gave an interview, he said something like becoming addicted.

Heya,

I will take my turn this time :)

Not sure if you guys rate these films the same as I do.... Easy/Medium/Hard... But here they come!

Easy:

days1.jpg

Medium:

blue_lagoon_2.jpg

Hard:

1.jpg

Edited by Barristan
Easy - Mr Smith Goes to Washington...

Med: Something from the Twilight Zone or Outer Limits.

Hard: I've seen this anime before.. I've seen the sword - just can't place it. GAAAAA!

Unfortunately you are incorrect on both the easy and the medium. Give the hard some time and it may come to you.