Guess the movie from the screenshot!

Easy: Silence of the lambs with jodi foster

I thought I knew the medium one....Arabian nights or something?

First one is correct.

The second isn't.

A very long and very beautiful movie.

I feel the correct answer is just around the corner.

I have to guess (isn't that the topic name) the hard one, german submachine gun, improvised winter equipment, so probably a Stalingrad movie.

My first guess would have been the 1993 german 'Stalingrad' movie which we watched at army. I never watched 'Enemy at the gates' with the 2 snipers fighting each other. From what I heard: Stalingrad (1993) was more realistic and a better anti-war movie than all the movies I never watched: Enemy at the gates, Private James Ryan, ....

Edited by chattius

Good job guys, all the answers are correct.

Stalingrad is a cold, dirty and bloody movie that focuses around a small group of german soldiers throughout the battle of Stalingrad.

Ofcourse, Thomas Kretschmann also makes an appearance here. (No WW2 movie without him.)

I guess someone else has to do next movies: The movies I watched last 2 weeks were all kid movies or ones needed by my daughters for their homework.

I don't know if some of them are even known outside europe:

Wer früher stirbt ist länger tot

(translates: The one who dies earlier will be dead for more time)

It is about a boy who is told by his older brother in anger that his mother died at his birth and he is responsible for her death. At church he heard that if you did to many sins you will come to hell. He has sleepless nights because murder is the ultimate sin. Then he listens to radio and the moderator says that good musicians will live forever. So he starts to learn guitar playing, is searching a wife for his father, which is the wife of the moderator already, ...

Die Farbe der Milch (The colour of milk, norwegian movie 'Ikke naken')

About a 11 year old girl who's mother died at her birth and now thinks that love has in its end deadly consequences....

Train de vie (Train of life)

About jewish people 'stealing' a train and driving to the east in savety. One part of them disguises as nazi guards, while the others be prisoners. The longer the travel is, the more the 'nazi guards' enjoy their authority (Orwell's animal farm?)... Homework is, if it is okay that holocaust is made into a comedy, even the end shows the narrator in a concentration camp. This movie was a year before Roberto Begnigni's oscar movie 'La vita e bella'. Begnigni was asked to be an actor in 'train of life' but didn't want to do it.

So I think it is really best if someone else chooses a movie :bounce:

Heya,

sorry to have missed out on my turn. But to keep the game going, everyone please feel free to take mine if I dont seem to reply fast enough, tis no prob :woot:

Ehm... tough ones..

easy = The Shining ?

Greetz

• 2 weeks later...