Possible to add glow effect on the armor or weapon like the other RPG games?

is it possible to add glow effect on the armor or weapon like the other RPG games?

Not sure what you mean by glow affect. In Sacred 2 the weapons with sockets will "glow" based on the type of damage you socket in them: Ice=white mist, Fire=red flames, Poison=green mist and Magic=blue mist. There is no equivalent for the armor. In the original Sacred armor would glow if you attained certain aura points but weapons did not. On the login screen for Sacred 2 your character will have glowing or moving colors on their armor, especially set armor, if you have a high resolution monitor and graphics card but the effect is hard to see in game when zoomed out even a short way.

Edited by rnarchlord
is it possible to add glow effect on the armor or weapon like the other RPG games?

HI iandave68, welcome to Darkmatters!

Have you seen what happens to the weapons when you socket an element?

Damage Types

Is that maybe what you mean?

:)

gogo

I know the effect of weapon when you socket it,,I really dont like there effect specially the ice...what I mean is this...

look at there weapons or armor..there glowing!lol

2moons3kq15H4h21p.jpg

2moons1lx8.png

Foto2Moons.jpg

is it posible to add effect like this?

maybe who knows but mmo's are based on + items so say +3 would make it semi glow with jumped starts and a +7 you can see a really nice glow with extra stats added like more def and what not.but that would be alot of insane moding for items I would try out a full set of one class and see how it gos sky is the limit.

iandave68, there were some glow effects like that in original Sacred ^^ Actually, they even formed mutant glows when you combined different armor pieces. There is a guide somewhere, Myles wrote out how many points you would need from each element to produce colors.

:D

gogo

Oh good, bloom!

On one hand I think that you may need to change the graphics engine, but on the other hand I've seen posts in the modding forum about adding light (or something) to items (ie, that the graphics engine can already do something like this, though I'm not sure if it would add a glow like that).

Personally I'm quite glad that there are some games in the world that don't have bloom up to the eyeballs...

Personally I would find that kind of bloom highly distracting and annoying. It is difficult enough to see the colors swirls produced when drinking potions if certain buffs are active: e.g. drinking a mentor potion with T-energy shroud active. That type of bloom would make it almost impossible to see when your potion has worn off and you need to take another one. Sure, it is pretty eye candy but does it really help or improve the gameplay?