Looking for pure Caster Bargaining Inquisitor

Hyperion

I'm looking for a pure caster Inquisitor that can use bargaining since I do not have any niob shoppers. The focus of the build will be in NU since I really like those skills. Does anyone know of a guide like this or have any suggestions?

Note: I do not have Ice and blood

Hey there Hyperion (sick name btw). I believe Dobri's pure caster inquisitor might be what you're looking for. It can be found HERE. As you are looking for bargaining my idea would be to replace Dual Wield with it. Dual wield is in the build as a utility skill, so bargaining should be easy to take its place :evil:

Hey there Hyperion (sick name btw). I believe Dobri's pure caster inquisitor might be what you're looking for. It can be found HERE. As you are looking for bargaining my idea would be to replace Dual Wield with it. Dual wield is in the build as a utility skill, so bargaining should be easy to take its place :evil:

thanks you for the info I have a few questions tho.

1. Would it be better for me to just leave the build alone and just not have a shopper at all and just use what I find?

2. I prefer not to use dual weild anyways but will it cripple me damage wise later on not having the extra sockets?

thanks you for the info I have a few questions tho.

1. Would it be better for me to just leave the build alone and just not have a shopper at all and just use what I find?

2. I prefer not to use dual weild anyways but will it cripple me damage wise later on not having the extra sockets?

Regarding the shopper...I used to hate shopping and picked up everything I found. Until I switched to Ice and Blood and started a small shopping network I didn't even consider bargaining in any of builds. If you are opposed to bargaining I say ditch it, but if you feel like you need/want to shop for some nicer items then go for it. It's really all a matter of opinion.

About your question on dual wielding. You'd only be losing 3 sockets max, which isn't so bad. I'd say use a 2-Handed sword/polearm or such and you'd be just as effective. Once again it's a matter of opinion: do you feel like sacrificing 3 sockets for bargaining or another skill? Imo, you won't suffer bad at all, so I say it'd be good to drop :evil:

Too add to what ryan said, since you havent got Ice and Blood, you havent received the skill nerf that we have so you can replace the loss of three sockets with exorbitant amounts of +all skill in the sockets you do have, this was able to make pretty much any build fly before the expansion. Also, if you do pick bargaining you will be able to find these +all skill rings to socket, especially if you have access to niobium.

Too add to what ryan said, since you havent got Ice and Blood, you havent received the skill nerf that we have so you can replace the loss of three sockets with exorbitant amounts of +all skill in the sockets you do have, this was able to make pretty much any build fly before the expansion. Also, if you do pick bargaining you will be able to find these +all skill rings to socket, especially if you have access to niobium.

great info guys thanks for the replies. So your saying since I dont have the patch I can go with out dual weild and still be as strong as those people who play blood and ice since I dont have the skill nerf? Also by taking bargaining I can get the rings needed to fill the sockets.

So I guess I'm going with

1. armor lore

2. NN lore

3. NN focus

4. AS lore

5. AS focus

6 combat dis

7. concentration

8. constitution

9. toughness

10. Bargaining

few more things

1. Seeing as I'm dropping the 1 skill that was going to have 1 point in it. How many points will I need to give bargaining?

2. Can you shop/loot the + skill rings? if so what are the odds to shop them with out bargaining?

Thanks guys for all the help so far, Really enjoying the pure caster Inquisitor. I never liked him befor because it didnt feel right to me to be a melee Inquisitor but now that I'm a necromancer I feel the love! :)

Edited by Hyperion

Some tips I have for you...

1. Pick Bargaining at level 2 and keep it at your level. If you are level 30 have bargaining at 30 hardpoints.

2. Always have bargaining at 2 times or even 3 times your level to maximize the power of shopping.

3. As this will drain many skill points, I would recommend not mastering concentration and leaving it at 1 point. You can live without the doppelgangar, and you would only be able to use him at level 140 anyways, so to me it's not worth all that much.

4. Also, if not mastering concentration doesn't provide enough skill points for your bargaining needs, I would also recommend not mastering Combat Discipline. At mastery it decreases regen times in a combo by 20% and allows for 4 CAs in one combo. Imo, CD mastery is not super important to the build design so it can go.

To answer your questions...

1. Refer to my tips #1 and #2

2. You can find +all skills rings and amulets out in the game as loot. They aren't super rare, but they aren't super easy to find either. The odds of shopping them without bargaining is practically 0. Anything you buy from the merchant without bargaining will generally be crap. Keep in mind that +all skills won't appear until level 15 (at least for Ice and Blood that's how it is).

Hope this helped :)

1, Keep Bargaining at char level, and make yourself a "shopping suit" filled up with Barg/+skills/+general skills to get get as high Bargaining as possible.

2, Nope, without Bargaining you wont see a single +skill jewelry in shop.

EDIT: Too slow...

Edited by Spunky
Some tips I have for you...

1. Pick Bargaining at level 2 and keep it at your level. If you are level 30 have bargaining at 30 hardpoints.

2. Always have bargaining at 2 times or even 3 times your level to maximize the power of shopping.

3. As this will drain many skill points, I would recommend not mastering concentration and leaving it at 1 point. You can live without the doppelgangar, and you would only be able to use him at level 140 anyways, so to me it's not worth all that much.

4. Also, if not mastering concentration doesn't provide enough skill points for your bargaining needs, I would also recommend not mastering Combat Discipline. At mastery it decreases regen times in a combo by 20% and allows for 4 CAs in one combo. Imo, CD mastery is not super important to the build design so it can go.

To answer your questions...

1. Refer to my tips #1 and #2

2. You can find +all skills rings and amulets out in the game as loot. They aren't super rare, but they aren't super easy to find either. The odds of shopping them without bargaining is practically 0. Anything you buy from the merchant without bargaining will generally be crap. Keep in mind that +all skills won't appear until level 15 (at least for Ice and Blood that's how it is).

Hope this helped :)

Will I miss out on alot of damage for my spells if I do not master combat dis or con for the -regeneration? and if I do not use DG as a buff can I just eat alot of runs and use him as a boss killer and thats it or will that mess up my regeneration on other things?

thanks!

Will I miss out on alot of damage for my spells if I do not master combat dis or con for the -regeneration? and if I do not use DG as a buff can I just eat alot of runs and use him as a boss killer and thats it or will that mess up my regeneration on other things?

thanks!

You won't miss out on much damage from not mastering combat discipline or concentration. You hit it right on the head with DG :) By eating a ton of runes, and only activating him for boss fights, it will become an extremely powerful CA. Also, it will not lower your regen times at all no matter how many runes you eat.

thanks!

You won't miss out on much damage from not mastering combat discipline or concentration. You hit it right on the head with DG :) By eating a ton of runes, and only activating him for boss fights, it will become an extremely powerful CA. Also, it will not lower your regen times at all no matter how many runes you eat.

wounderful I only need him for bosses anyways. I think I still would like to master combat dis just for the added damage and all =\. If I get bargaining to level 100 hard points and leave it even tho I'm say level 150 does it not help me since its under my level or does it still help me shop? I know it wont be as good as say if its 200 or what ever but I dont think I want to invest that many points in it.

So to make the question simple. Is bargaining a all or nothing skill or can you leave it mid way and still get benefits from it?

You put it perfectly, "All or nothing". Because bargaining is based upon character level, the more you level up the more points you need to invest in bargaining to make it effective. So basically if you are 150, and your bargaining is only 100, you might find some good items at the merchant but chances are it will be trash.

An interesting build I am trying out is..

Astute Supremacy lore

Astute Supremacy focus

grusome ex

armor lore

cd

toughness

concentration

const

with room aplenty for bargaining if I chose and nn focus. Tho in my build as I already have a doggie shopper im going dual weild and nn focus.

See the buff from gru modded mystic eradicate inure more then makes up for no nn lore and realy the nn buff isnt all that hewlful vs bosses wheras grus buff sure is.

Oh one good solid reason for dual weild on this build is 2 realy good magic staves. Heck im even thinking about just using nn spells unmodded.

An interesting build I am trying out is..

Astute Supremacy lore

Astute Supremacy focus

grusome ex

armor lore

cd

toughness

concentration

const

with room aplenty for bargaining if I chose and nn focus. Tho in my build as I already have a doggie shopper im going dual weild and nn focus.

See the buff from gru modded mystic eradicate inure more then makes up for no nn lore and realy the nn buff isnt all that hewlful vs bosses wheras grus buff sure is.

Oh one good solid reason for dual weild on this build is 2 realy good magic staves. Heck im even thinking about just using nn spells unmodded.

Nice build man I just like playing pure caster makes me fee more like a necromancer. I am redoing my build and going to level a shopper along side I believe to suppoer my Inquisitor. I am still not sure about taken dual weild I just do not like it. Is it that important were I should take it if possible or should I take another defensive skill so I can be harder to kill?

Ah thats the entire point of gru focus the buff gives me the defense in the form of damage mitigation. At 100 buff level it will give me 20% damage mitigation and a ton of magic damage increase and crit percentage. Oh and the only other def skills are combat reflex and spell resist enither of wich I should ever need.

I use dual weild simply because it will make my spells more potent with 2 staves and with a 1 point skill I can cram alot more into my other skills.

Right now im only running with dopple and reverse buffs running as im not 75th level yet.

Personaly I realy like the source warden doggie for my shopper and my inkie for my runs with twigs while wearing a bathrobe of evil sort of.. mood.

how do people have so many barg chars? I mean in order for my char to use something a shopper has bought you have to be around his level do you not? or am I missing something?

1) You only need one Bargin Character after that you can skip it on all other characters you create.

2) Shopping for items means Amulets and Rings maintain that character and assist any other characters you may have or plan to start in the future. Only gear you can buy is for that Bargin Character because all of the rest will be to high of a level for starter characters.

3) Now you can make multiple Bargin Characters at Different Levels example:

levels 5, 30, 60 100, 150 and 200. So when your characters is in range you can do some shopping for gear for the character you are playing. The key here is to get to niob and after that reach that level 200.

4) Gear as far as set items or nice weapons run Bosses and the orc caves

Hope that helps

Edited by Zeus331
how do people have so many barg chars? I mean in order for my char to use something a shopper has bought you have to be around his level do you not? or am I missing something?

1) You only need one Bargin Character after that you can skip it on all other characters you create.

2) Shopping for items means Amulets and Rings maintain that character and assist any other characters you may have or plan to start in the future. Only gear you can buy is for that Bargin Character because all of the rest will be to high of a level for starter characters.

3) Now you can make multiple Bargin Characters at Different Levels example:

levels 5, 30, 60 100, 150 and 200. So when your characters is in range you can do some shopping for gear for the character you are playing. The key here is to get to niob and after that reach that level 200.

4) Gear as far as set items or nice weapons run Bosses and the orc caves

Hope that helps

thanks man thats pretty much what I needed to know. I didnt know a level 150ish shopper could just take the level 30ish armor socket it then give it back. Some reason I was thinking it wouldnt let you put a ring that high level in a low level armor. Now that I know that it should make things easier, Thanks!

Well, if you want a pure caster build that works for S2FA, I can offer you this one:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12102

Just swap dual wield for bargaining, go heavy on deathblow and you'll be doing great. Keep astute as primary aspect and keep bargaining at char level. You can use a 2-handed staff or Testa's Annihilator for the extra chances to inflict a secondary effect and the extra XP per kill.

I've played this char extensively and it works great for groups of mobs, kills bosses well until somewhere in platinum - Inexorable Subjugation may be a boss disabling CA (they will not move or attack at all), but it's kinda slow - the only thing you can do to get it better is go heavy on all skills, damage and deathblow. Regretfully, in niobium things change, as many bosses have over 800k HP and leeching them off with inexorable takes too much time.

However, the caster does great against any horde of monsters. Just collect as much as you can and let them have it.

Edited by Dobri

By far the best shopper in the game is a doggie as hes the only one who can shop for doggues and he seems to do a rfather good job shopping fpor everyone else. Hes also dang easy to level up.

Oh if you dont like dual weild go 2 handed staff and get nn lore as well as gru and you will have a inex sub that realy beats the ever loving bleep out of bosses what with the heavy magic boost of the gru buff and the crit boost AND the crit boost of nn lore and damahge boost of cm nn lore and gru buff all together.

Plus nothing says evil fun like freeing someone in place and shooting evil lightning at them while wearing a bathrobe of pure evi;lness with evil runes of evil.

Yeah I decided to just use a friends bargaining char to help me aswell as level another char with it. My build will now be.

1. Armor lore

2. NN focus

3. NN lore

4. AS focus

5. AS lore

6. combat dis

7. concentration

8. constitution

9. Toughness

10. unsure! .. I know I should take dual weild but I am really trying to find a skill that would be more important.

I thought I would just keep ZD as a skill eat runes and use him for boss fights with a %life leech sword.

I do have a question, The last mod on Reverse plarity does it work for the spirits you pull out of monsters and the ZD? or just real player party members?

Exploit works on everything you have that counts as ally. This means summons + party players. Be careful with the exploit mod when playing in a party and always let the others know you have it activated if you pick it. You don't want to kill someone, do you :P

Edited by Dobri