• Country/Bluegrass
    • Punk
    • Folk
    • Rap/Hip Hop

Currently I'm mostly listening to

Nile,

Blind Guardian,

Equilibrium,

although Amon Amarth never goes wrong either.

Or Alestorm, completely crazy guys that.

Edited by Arperum

I've got alot of experience with Nile.

I thought Ithyphallic was pretty awesome, though I felt that it lacked the depth of the earlier albums, focusing mainly on being the fastest band alive.

Still, very few pieces of music in any genre can match the utterly epic and frightening opening of the album, mixing dramatic orchestra with sickening low guitars.

Was editing video's in :P

Nile live is more than epic, same goes for Amon Amarth and Blind Guardian.

That death grunt from the crowd on Nile was "Awesome" times 3.

First one grunt with half of the people, then they ask for another one, because we could do better, then another one with about 3/4 of the tent. They are like "Dang nice one, one of the best ones we ever heard, do that again!" *whole crowd obeys* *at least double as loud as the previous one* Then you see them standing there like some tornado blasted them off the stage... :P

Then 2 days later, Amon amarth, 10 minutes away from the end of the gig, electricity goes down, Johan Hegg (the vocalist) keeps the whole crowd entertained until they get it fixed, and then plays on for 25 more minutes :) we got "pursuit of vikings" extra because of being awesome crowd.

Edited by Arperum

Wow, I can imagine if Karl Sanders stands awed from someone growling, it's gotta mean that you did something right.

Haven't got alot of live experience with any band really, theres just too many people. Haha.

I saw Judas Priest once.

They did very good, but it was a ghastly experience.

Bunch of idiots running in just to party. They didn't care for the music at all. And ofcourse, I was in the middle of the flock..

Anyway, I like the old work of Blind Guardian.

Battalions of Fear, Follow the Blind, Tales from the Twilight World, etc..

How about Manowar and Judas Priest, Arperum?

I listened to Judas priest Years ago, not to much tho, never checked out Manowar.

And for gigs, I have some yearly tradition of going to Graspop Metal meeting, and doing a couple other gigs during the year. I'm aiming for a second Alestorm gig this year, and also for Blind Guardian (for my third time seeing them).

The old stuff of Blind Guardian is quite good yes, Twist in the myth is their worst cd up until now for me. At the edge of time is a better. (That strictly limited edition including a 20*20cm Pyramid is cool too :))

I'll vouch for metal/Hard rock. Though I mainly listen to Progressive metal nowadays. Still, all time classics are Metallica, Def Lepard, Dio, Rainbow, Slayer and such.

Some newer familiarities are Nightingale, Seventh Wonder, Masterplan, Lunatic Soul and Evergrey. All in the more progressive side.

Depends on the mood to be honest.

Sometimes I feel electric @ pump some Mudvayne.

Other times more relaxed. Play some Dave Mathews.

In the end, if feeling totally low-key. Enigma, Enya or Deep Forest because one cannot go wrong with their sound.

I vote Metal. Because when the JAM is heart pounding, floor vibrating. I tend to be @ my best.

I remain, :P

I don't know where my favourite music style belongs too. When I just met my wife, 2 decades ago, we liked to visit medieval revival festivals: historical markets, knight tournaments with lance and sword, mass roleplaying and in the evening (neo)-medival music. We visited the show at Kaltenberg

We listened to In Extremo (would be a misture of medieval and metal), Gregorians (they take popular songs of all genres and transform them into gregorian chant) and Corvus Corvax.

Corvus Corvax has a very wide spectrum of songs, near pure medieval music, medieval music with electronics and at the extreme Neue Deutsche Härte, which would be music like Rammstein. If you had latin at school you may remember the 'Carmina Burana'. Thats the way they performed it before 100000 people:

We visited the several shows at Kaltenberg. It is europe's biggest medieval happening. Last year we had tickets for Excalibur: a medieval music opera. The premire was fantastic: Johny Logan, Alan Parsan, martin Barre, ... were all singing.

In medieval or Folk music, I think these are good:

Also, if you like orchestral music mixed with Heavy Metal, I would highly recommend Therion, one of my favourite bands.