Garerma Ghost Warriors - Huh?

Hello, I just got one of my Shadow Warriors to the jungle and encountered my first Garema Ghost Warriors.

They cannot be targeted. The only reason I've lived to tell the tale is that I happened to be playing one of my Shadow Warriors who had Reflective Emanation, and I was able to let the Garemae suicide against my Reflective Emanation shield.

But what happens when I play another of my characters who do not have Reflective Emanation?

I don't understand this monster. What are you supposed to do when you cannot target the monster with any attack?

Edited by belgarathmth

My Shadow Warrior uses Skeleton Fortress and they can't avoid that even if they do their ghost impersonation. Nether Allegience soldiers would probably target them as well I expect. I also know that other CAs work against them, such as;

Radiant Pillar for Seraphim,

Malevolent Totem for Dryad,

Gust of Wind/Energy Blaze/Dragon Strike for Dragon Mage,

Blazing Tempest/Glacial Thorns for High Elf,

Clustering Maelstrom for Inquisitor,

Charged Grid/Fiery Ember/Icy Evanescence for Temple Guardian.

Every charcater has at least 1 CA that will work against them, even in ghost from.

Edited by podgie_bear

Thanks, Podgie.

I don't understand how Clustering Maelstorm works for the Inquisitor, since when I played around with it at low level, it didn't seem to do much anything at all unless there were a mob of enemies that could be smashed against each other for damage. What if the Inquisitor encounters a single Garema Ghost Warrior with no enemies to smash it against?

For my Shadow Warriors, I will just have to keep in mind that they need Refective Emanation pumped whether they use it regularly or not, or else they will be doomed when they encounter this bug.

I read elsewhere that it may work to hold down either shift or control while left-clicking, which is supposed to force an attack even against the Garema - can anyone confirm this?

I also read that the bug has been fixed in the latest patch for European Ice and Blood, but that still leaves us poor Americans having to deal with the bug.

Basically, all you need is something that does damage without targetting a specific unit. There are a few that podgie missed but they should give you the general idea.

I see, Dragon Brother, but there are many possible builds of different characters that do not include such an attack, and the player would not know about this problem until too late.

I have been reading that there is a dragon in my near future who also has the "invulnerable-invisibility-cannot-be-targeted" bug. Can anyone confirm this? I would sure hate to have to fight a dragon with nothing but Reflective Emanation and healing potions! That would take forever, and I might run out of potions, plus, it would become exponentially more difficult on every level after Silver!

I hate those things too belgarathmth. When the game was first released, I had to keep running away form those nasty champs until my reflect from the bark would kill 'em good.

I think for later versions of game it got a tiny bit easier... for a ranged Dryad those things are horrible... specially in niob

:oooo:

gogo

Honestly I don't think it's a bug, but a feature as all games needs annoying enemies, so if that's a bug I dont know what I shall call Shadow Veil...

Edited by Spunky
Basically, all you need is something that does damage without targetting a specific unit. There are a few that podgie missed but they should give you the general idea.

I see, Dragon Brother, but there are many possible builds of different characters that do not include such an attack, and the player would not know about this problem until too late.

I have been reading that there is a dragon in my near future who also has the "invulnerable-invisibility-cannot-be-targeted" bug. Can anyone confirm this? I would sure hate to have to fight a dragon with nothing but Reflective Emanation and healing potions! That would take forever, and I might run out of potions, plus, it would become exponentially more difficult on every level after Silver!

There is a dragon, but Im pretty sure you can hit him with melee. Anyway, he's off the main path so you wont find him unless you look for him.

That was fixed in Ice and Blood, prior to that you needed to have EP skill to be able to hit them. From the release notes for Ice and Blood:

•The Garema Ghost Warriors have been changed. It is now always possible to attack them while they are in ghost form; the skill "Enhanced Awareness" is no longer required to do so.

Ranged attacks & Area of Effect CAs will damage the Garema Ghost Warrior Champs. For the Shadow Warrior, Skeletal Fortification should target them as well, and there's Killing Spree, though that's a bit random.

I just faced the under the Island dragon that goes invisible. My SW had no trouble taking him down with Skeletal Fortification and Spectral Hand. Perhaps he is invisible to melee?

Each character has 3 aspects and I think it is a stretch to assume one aspect would be sufficient for every challenge the game offers.

I just faced the under the Island dragon that goes invisible. My SW had no trouble taking him down with Skeletal Fortification and Spectral Hand. Perhaps he is invisible to melee?

This was fixed in Ice and Blood, you can target them when their Shadow Veil is active now.

This was fixed in Ice and Blood, you can target them when their Shadow Veil is active now.

So SW are PvP Gods in original S2FA? IE cannot be targeted if veiled?

They can't be targeted with melee attacks, though they can be hit with Area of Effect & ranged attacks. I'm also not sure about "forced" melee attakcs (Ctrl-left click). And don't forget reflected damage.

Most aspects have at least one CA that can hit an invisible monster:

seraphim:

Assailing Somersault (with Impetus mod)

Radiant Pillar

Archangel's Wrath, Flaring Nova & BFG (Ctrl-attack)

SW:

Skellie Fortification, Nether Allegiance & (probably) Rallied Souls

Dryad:

Dust Devil

Malicious Totem & (probably) Moribund Animus

Edalphic Lances

HE:

All Fire CAs

Raging Nimbus & Glacial Thorns, spell reflection from Crystal Skin

Shadow Step (with Explosion mod) & Expulse Magic might debuf it.

Inquisitor:

Levin Array, Clustering Maelstrom (the Gash mod will inflict bleeding if nothing else), Doppelganger & Reverse Polarity (reflection + Sphere mod)

Eruptive Desecration & Soul Reaver (with Deathmagic mod)

TG:

Deathly spears

T-energy Shroud (with Derogate mod & magic reflection)

Furious Emblazer & Propelled Levitation

Firey Ember, Icy Evanesence, Charged Grid & Untouchable Force.

So most characters will be able to use a CA against a Veiled SW in PvP, with the exception of a non-Astral SW & a melee Inquisitor.

My Shadow Warrior uses Skeleton Fortress and they can't avoid that even if they do their ghost impersonation. Nether Allegience soldiers would probably target them as well I expect. I also know that other CAs work against them, such as;

Radiant Pillar for Seraphim,

Malevolent Totem for Dryad,

Gust of Wind/Energy Blaze/Dragon Strike for Dragon Mage,

Blazing Tempest/Glacial Thorns for High Elf,

Clustering Maelstrom for Inquisitor,

Charged Grid/Fiery Ember/Icy Evanescence for Temple Guardian.

Every character has at least 1 CA that will work against them, even in ghost from.

I've also noticed that the High Elf's Cobalt Strike - while you can't target them directly, if you've got it set to do a chain lightning thing - will hit them on the 2nd or 3rd reflection. Just target a convenient panther, turtle, other non-cloaked Garema warrior or other baddie and zap 'em and it should bounce and nail the cloaked Ghost warrior(s).