How do you organize your hero chest?

Hello, everyone!

My hero chest has been irritating the hell out of me. I am a huge item collector and through hours of shopping I've amassed a load of slotted gear.

I then transferred them into the hero chest and... the items are all jumbled up. From what I see, there is no way to sort items by classes or levels, so my items are all over the place. This is kind of annoying as I refer to the chest for pieces of item I missed out and I have to scroll up and down to see what I have for a class. How are the items sorted? To me, there is no logic.

I would like to seek fellow players' advice as to how they sort their items, or if there is a better way to do so. Any tips are appreciated, thank you!

Heya,

hard one this :) All I can tell you is that I use mule characters, and put the stuff in their personal chest... that is how it works for PC at least. Shopped gear I usually put in respective level shopper. It does get too full.... you'll never have enough mules :bounce:

Greetz

Heya,

hard one this :) All I can tell you is that I use mule characters, and put the stuff in their personal chest... that is how it works for PC at least. Shopped gear I usually put in respective level shopper. It does get too full.... you'll never have enough mules :bounce:

Greetz

hehe, one of the joys of switching over to PC. Being able to actually ORGANIZE stuff. Unfortunately on console there is no real way to organize as everything is just thrown together, with gear for your current character class being pushed to the top of the list.

Expanding on what mainrunr said, and taking from experience on the PS3 version only:

Weapons are indeed sorted by damage, from highest to lowest. It seems to use the lower limit of the range for the initial sort. If multiple weapons have the same lower limit, it compares the upper limit.

Armor are sorted by equip location first (head, body, shoulders, arms, hands, waist, legs, feet, misc or class specific, rings, amulets), then by class (with your current class always being on top, then a default order which I don't remember), then by armor value (highest to lowest again).

Amulets and rings are in the general order which you placed them in the box. I don't know what determines "newest to oldest" or "oldest to newest" sorting, as I've seen both, but never with the same character. (One character will always have "oldest to newest" while another character will always have "newest to oldest".)

There doesn't seem to be a way to change it unfortunately.

Expanding on what mainrunr said, and taking from experience on the PS3 version only:

Weapons are indeed sorted by damage, from highest to lowest. It seems to use the lower limit of the range for the initial sort. If multiple weapons have the same lower limit, it compares the upper limit.

Armor are sorted by equip location first (head, body, shoulders, arms, hands, waist, legs, feet, misc or class specific, rings, amulets), then by class (with your current class always being on top, then a default order which I don't remember), then by armor value (highest to lowest again).

Amulets and rings are in the general order which you placed them in the box. I don't know what determines "newest to oldest" or "oldest to newest" sorting, as I've seen both, but never with the same character. (One character will always have "oldest to newest" while another character will always have "newest to oldest".)

There doesn't seem to be a way to change it unfortunately.

Great info!

I don't think I've ever read anyone laying it out all like that before

Nice

:bye:

gogo

Nice one Mystix... and its the same on xbox360 to confirm :D

The only tip I would hazard to give is really think about what your putting in there before you do it. I.e. will I actually REALLY bother to use this item or is it just gonna gather dust(or take up space).

If not sell it or scrap it. Talking from experience there is NOTHING worse than having to sit going through that box getting rid of everything you dont need once its full. It took me 3 hours one day. Sheer bliss ever since though :bye:

FaLLa

Edited by FaLLa

Thanks for the replies, guys!

The whole addiction to shopping and item collection, and this horribly messy hero chest have been stopping me from enjoying the game. As such, I have formulated my own organizing of my items as follows.

- Need 2 PSN accounts, one for shopping, mules and one for playing.

- Mule account, create a character of each class. Each character go to chest and retrieve items of their class. Character storage is about 168 (Does adding strength increase this limit?) and should be able to hold approximately 40 items each.

- Mule account is left with 4 character slots, which I will use for my shopping and farming characters. When buying or found any good items, store in hero chest and respective character to pick up. If there are similar items, put the inferior ones back to chest for shopper to sell for gold.

- 4 Shopper characters can level up to specific levels to shop.

- Playiing account, play the characters I like. When starting, trade and collect items from mule account up to the level I feel Ill play this character in reasonable time. Put these items in playing account chest.

- Playing account characters, if farmed good items, trade back to mule account.

The trading to and fro may be a hassle but it keeps items in a neater way, in my opinion. I know the items for each character and where they are, and ... hmmmmm the only drawback is when each character reaches his storage limit... since there is no personal chest in PS3 version... arGHHHHHHHH!

Real simple.

Weapons - 3 and 4 stars only, unless under level 10. Keep the highest and lowest level version of the weapon, or two if it can be DW'd. The exception if for a few weapons that I use often, in which case I keep every one I find unless I find 3+ at the same level. I never get rid of 4 stars outside of the Boneslicer.

Shields - One of each type at highest and lowest level except for Glacial Defender and Stalworth Safeguard, where I keep one of every level I find.

Armor - Set items/3 stars only. I keep one of each level for every set.

Rings/Ammys - I keep all 3/4 stars, and I keep any 2 star that has a great single effect or a really useful dual effect. I also keep Chance to Find Value % boosting rings, but only of the two best quality. I also keep a few Experience Per Kill rings/ammys as well.

Relics - I wear the two best fire, arcane, and antidote relics that boost EP. I keep the third best of each in the chest if I want to specialize. I keep 3 of the best bargaining frost relics I can get if I want to shop.

Misc - I keep one run from each combat art for seraphim and high elves, and the rest are converted to Grand Invigoration runes at a 2:1 ratio. I keep 6 of the best Magic Pearls, Ice Crystals, and Chunks of Lava I come across. Everything else is junked.

Potions - Empty unless I am transfering potions to a starter character.

Edited by Sacred Ace
Wow, Sacred Ace that's an amazing writeup on organization you've got there. I really like it :D Maybe I should boot up the old console and see how I used to organize my stuff :whistle:

I didn't used to be like that. It came out of necessity. Used to, I would just throw everything in it... and then I only threw stuff I thought was "good" in it... and then I just threw 3 star weapons in it and kept all the rings/ammys... etc. I almost exclusively play High Elf now, so I don't know how well it would work if you added a bunch of other character's set items.

All I know is that I've spent more time trying to clear up space and organize my chest than I have playing the entire campaign of other games! :D <--- This smiley cracks me up every time.

Edited by Sacred Ace

Sacred Ace, thank you!

I am at that stage where the chest and the huge mess in it are keeping me from enjoying the game. Every time I log into the game, I see the mess and didn't know what to do. I don't feel like farming and shopping just adds to the mess. It really is to the point I feel like giving up the game.

I have OCD, so this may be why I am so frustrated at myself...

Ok, Ill keep 3 stars and above items from now on.

Edited by Artbox
Real simple.

Weapons - 3 and 4 stars only, unless under level 10. Keep the highest and lowest level version of the weapon, or two if it can be DW'd. The exception if for a few weapons that I use often, in which case I keep every one I find unless I find 3+ at the same level. I never get rid of 4 stars outside of the Boneslicer.

Shields - One of each type at highest and lowest level except for Glacial Defender and Stalworth Safeguard, where I keep one of every level I find.

Armor - Set items/3 stars only. I keep one of each level for every set.

Rings/Ammys - I keep all 3/4 stars, and I keep any 2 star that has a great single effect or a really useful dual effect. I also keep Chance to Find Value % boosting rings, but only of the two best quality. I also keep a few Experience Per Kill rings/ammys as well.

Relics - I wear the two best fire, arcane, and antidote relics that boost EP. I keep the third best of each in the chest if I want to specialize. I keep 3 of the best bargaining frost relics I can get if I want to shop.

Misc - I keep one run from each combat art for seraphim and high elves, and the rest are converted to Grand Invigoration runes at a 2:1 ratio. I keep 6 of the best Magic Pearls, Ice Crystals, and Chunks of Lava I come across. Everything else is junked.

Potions - Empty unless I am transfering potions to a starter character.

Nice.

I'm trying to keep stuff for four character classes and I keep WAY too many rings/ammys. If I knew what I could dump endless runes into, I'd convert all my Inquisitor and Temple Guardian runes to that and use them. Havent gotten around to setting up a HE build or two yet (but I've been stockpiling runes for when I do). potions I dont worry about too much because they only take one slot for each type.

Really nice write-up mate! I kind of have a similar setup but didn't say so because I thought I was goin a bit far haha!

You should post a 'how to' thread and ask gogo or the like to sticky it for the console users. Not everyone likes to create two accounts but alot dont even know you CAN! I didn't, I experimented myself then googled the fact and found out it was common practice.

Would have been really useful if I'd known earlier... stickying this would let any passing newbie know :)

FaLLa

P.s. :thumbsup: <---- cracks me up too! haha

Edited by FaLLa

Well I decided to sort through all the junk that had been accumulating in Tresure Chest and I think I spent over 2 hours sorting through the 1 and 2 star crap.

I'll be trying Sacred Ace's method instead. Seems a hell of a lot simpler than just throwing it all in at once.

I have not touched the game ever since the mess in my chest. It disturbs and troubles me so much I cannot enjoy myself. I have OCD and cannot manage my anger.

How about the idea of having 2 PSNs, each PSN will only specialize in 3 classes, so I can have 3 X 3 classes in one PSN and 1 free shopper, total 10 characters maximum.

Ill play only one of each class while the others can be mules for items, in addition to the hero chest...