Saturday night dinner - Pork Tenderloin, Cillantro

When we gets in these moods, there's just no stopping us. Tenderloin is a cut of pork that a friend of mine had educated me about ^^ He was always saying how roast tenderloin is just about the easiest dish in the world to cook. It's relatively cheap, is practically fat-free, and sucks up very well any marinade it's allowed to stand in. Lately I've been buying the cuts at the grocery store and overnighting them in soya, garlic, whatever I can find...then the next day roll them all up in tin foil ( my friend says it keeps it moist and cooks it nicely this way) pop it into the oven for about 350 then cook till internal is all nice and cooked.

The dish I put together tonight, is actually a bit of cheating :D They had these great trays of tenderloin all marinated in sauces I didn't dream of ...this one was chipotle and maple...hot as heck, and sweet, savory all together. I fried both sides hard to get the nice outside and sear in the juices...the turned down the heat, threw in snipped up Cillantro and old, leftover orange pepper (sweet too), covered and let it cook.

tenderloin.jpg

It's still cooking, I'll tell you how it turns out

:bye:

gogo

The best part of a meal like this for me lately is getting to cut the roast/tenderloin all up into nice slices. Coming from a heavy duty rice and curry family like myself... roasts and the uses of oven were very rare if almost nonexistent...unless my grand mother was over and she was baking sweets.

roast.jpg

:bye:

gogo

Dude, no fair. Ohhh almost forgot ......I have your address, I'll be over in a few hours, say dinner time Sunday. I'll just gas up the car and make a pot of :bye: to go and be on the road. :D

Edited by Furian67
Dude, no fair. Ohhh almost forgot ......I have your address, I'll be over in a few hours, say dinner time Sunday. I'll just gas up the car and make a pot of :bye: to go and be on the road. :D

Oops! I better stop eating now then. :drool: You make great food gogo. :P

Thanks Nomad, and Db!

And was soooooo easy! lol, as I confessed, I cheated a bit, and bought marinated tenderloin.. really yummy...that mix of chipotle and maple is brilliant. And I was lucky to have some cillantro in the fridge and the rest was Schot's old pepper (I had to give him some of the dish in return for the old thing... evol schot :bow:) ... the coolest part of it is slicing.

I love slicing meat now. It's such cheap, affordable elegance...just a couple of downward slices with a sharp knife, and you can fan out the presentation quickly (There's that Top Chef coming through :) ) and I learned from this experience that maybe I don't have to use the oven anymore...such a huge space to heat fro such a small casserole dish.. by cutting the tenderloin open like that splitting it down the middle, it's thickness was cut in half, and the frypan worked really well no this. I put in oil, fried both sides, and then just before I covered it up, stuck all the leftover veggies I could find around the sides and then lowered heat. This way I got to get the crispy fried/feel of the outside while the moist lowered heat cooked the tenderloin all the way through while getting the veggies all nicely flavored in the process. I cooked some brown/all grain rice (have to watch blood sugar) and the whole thing turned out pretty good.

:)

gogo