OMG! OMG! OMG! I found my first lightsaber!

Hooray! After long weeks of researching the topic and figuring out how to get one, I FINALLY got my first lightsaber tonight!

<cue Handel's Hallelujah Chorus>

<singing> Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah----Hallelujah! Halle-e-lu-jah! For--the-Lord-God-omnipotent-reign-----eth!" <ahem>

Uh, so anyway, it's blue, and I'm SOOOOOoooooo happy! I swear, I'm almost crying for joy! Yay! Yay! Yay!

And the sound effect is so incredibly awesome! I turned up the bass on my amplifier to max, and I swear, it makes the room shake on every hit with that orgasmic bass hum!

I will never want to play Sacred 2 again without a light saber! This one's only level 14, so I hope I find more!

For anyone who's still interested in the mechanics of this topic, I am using an Inquisitor with Bargaining maxed. I found the lightsaber with only level 20 in Bargaining with a level 13 character, so it's not true that Bargaining has to be twice your level. It may make a difference that I am giving priority to equipping items with a +% to find valuables.

I may have just gotten an incredibly lucky one-in-a-thousand diceroll, but I hope not. Time will tell.

Drinks on me for the whole forum!

<singing> Hallelujah! Hallelujah! <laughing and smiling, filled with joy>

Isn't it wonderful that a game can be so good as to cause such high emotion?

Bravo belgarathmth!

I remember the first time I had my hands on one, was a great experience. It's got a great noise and it's pretty thrilling.

Here's to more of the wonders coming your way. Raise your voices high.... can you say Alleleluyah!

:)

gogo

Gratz on the find :D

A word of warning though: Don't get addicted to buying lightsabers like I did. I now have over 50 lightsabers and the inventory space they take up is sickening. But I CAN'T bear to sell them, simply because their LIGHTSABERS!

Gratz on the find :D

A word of warning though: Don't get addicted to buying lightsabers like I did. I now have over 50 lightsabers and the inventory space they take up is sickening. But I CAN'T bear to sell them, simply because their LIGHTSABERS!

ROFLMAO! ROFLMAO!

Maybe I'll have to go to rehab for lightsaber addicts! :D

EDIT: Thanks for the video! I saw it from one of my research threads, and it's what convinced me that I absolutely MUST have a Sacred2 lightsaber! I am so geeking out over this find! :)

Edited by belgarathmth

Oh gawds.. Not Lightsabers Anonymous...

I can just see a meeting...

Moderator: "Welcome to the Thylsyium branch of Lightsabers Anonymous! Anyone want to share?"

Inquisitor stands up: "Hi.. My name is Bob.. I'm a lightsaber addict."

Crowd: "Hi Bob.."

Bob: I got my first lightsaber in a trade with a merchant in the deserts of Western Bangaresh from this wise old trader named Obitwo something or other... Since then I've been obsessed with getting more and more powerful ones. My personal chest is stuffed full of them I got rid of every other thing of value. My Shared Storage is also clogged with nothing but Lightsabers. I just can't stop collecting them. Every gold piece I've collected has gone into buying them. My armor is the cheapest gray level armor money can buy. I couldn't get enough of them - I even got the dual wield skill so I could have two of them at all times. At first, it was great! I was mowing down enemies left and right. But after a while I got into deep trouble. I invested all my skill points in DW and I find myself getting killed off by level 20 kobolds. Now, I'm stuck in the Orc territories trying to get my act together. It's been rough."

Moderator: "Thanks for sharing Bob..."

Congrats, Belgarathmth! I remember the excitement and giddiness that came with finding and playing with my first 'saber as well! Your thread made me smile with rememberance. Enjoy!

Oh, Rye'n'coke, pleasethanks :D:whistle:

@belgarathmth: Congrats!

@ryan: thanks for the awesome video man! I had to shout out "Awesome!" when I saw it... then I scroll down to learn I was channeling gogo! :thumbsup:

Oh gawds.. Not Lightsabers Anonymous...

I can just see a meeting...

Moderator: "Welcome to the Thylsyium branch of Lightsabers Anonymous! Anyone want to share?"

Inquisitor stands up: "Hi.. My name is Bob.. I'm a lightsaber addict."

Crowd: "Hi Bob.."

Bob: I got my first lightsaber in a trade with a merchant in the deserts of Western Bangaresh from this wise old trader named Obitwo something or other... Since then I've been obsessed with getting more and more powerful ones. My personal chest is stuffed full of them I got rid of every other thing of value. My Shared Storage is also clogged with nothing but Lightsabers. I just can't stop collecting them. Every gold piece I've collected has gone into buying them. My armor is the cheapest gray level armor money can buy. I couldn't get enough of them - I even got the dual wield skill so I could have two of them at all times. At first, it was great! I was mowing down enemies left and right. But after a while I got into deep trouble. I invested all my skill points in DW and I find myself getting killed off by level 20 kobolds. Now, I'm stuck in the Orc territories trying to get my act together. It's been rough."

Moderator: "Thanks for sharing Bob..."

Excellent wolfie2kX! lol!

Edited by FrostElfGuard

Okay, my friends, this is crazy! I think I've died and gone to Lidsville, except now it's Lightsabersville. <"Sabersville is the kook-kook-kookiest, Sabersville is the ook-ook-ookiest, ... if you ever go-go-go-go there, you'll be glad you did, 'cause, everyone who goes to Sabersville reallly flips his lid!" cue Charles Nelson Riley as Hoodoo cackling "Hoohahahoo! How's that for a topper! Hoohahahoo!" >

I just played tonight and found three, count them, THREE, freakin' lightsabers at the traders in Thylysium!

I've now got two blues and two reds! The new ones all have an extra slot for rings or blacksmith arts, one of the reds has Chance to Banish Undead, and the other red has Life Leech!

OMG, this is going to be fun!

My ears keep having freakin' orgasms from that sub-bass electronic thumping when my lightsabers hit! Thruumm! Thoom! Thoom! OMG, baby, yes, yes!

Mechanics for those who are interested: Level 19 Inquisitor on silver; 33 Bargaining through maxed skill points, runes, and items of +2 general skills; chance to find valuables 19%.

It may be making a difference that I am taking my time through silver and doing most of the subquests. I expect to be way too high a level for gold by the time I get there - probably level 60-70 plus. My plan is to rush through the main quest on gold and hopefully be balanced again by the time I get to platinum.

It may also matter that I am an American playing pre-Ice-and-Blood Sacred2. I will never play IandB unless it gets released in an American version that doesn't involve hacking the program and the licenses involved.

ASIDE: I am playing my first darkside character, and loving that I can follow my own moral compass. I help the poor, combat crime, and reject sidequests that reek of evil, like assasinations or unjustified thefts. I have no intention of destroying the T-energy generator left to us by the Ancients.

@Wolfie RE Bob the Inquisitor at the Lightsabers Anonymous meeting: ROFLMAO! Hilarious! Priceless! :4rofl:

@Ryan RE Exhibit A: <gulp> Is it too late for a plea bargain? :whistle:

Edited by belgarathmth

Reading this thread made me realize...to date I have not tossed around a lightsaber of any sorts.

Sabers spawn with %LL by chance? If not, do they spawn with uber *sick* mods, just because of the fact they are LightSabers?

I remain, :whistle:

~p.s.~ Gratz on your find & new addiction.

Reading this thread made me realize...to date I have not tossed around a lightsaber of any sorts.

Sabers spawn with %LL by chance? If not, do they spawn with uber *sick* mods, just because of the fact they are LightSabers?

I remain, :whistle:

~p.s.~ Gratz on your find & new addiction.

The most notable trait I can think of, is that they usually have a very high percentage of native element. like 40-60% elemental (ice, etc) native. Other than that and the cool looks they aren't packing any other uber mods

and to think with all my toons I have never found one and never saw one at a merchant

I have no luck when it comes to light sabers :pitcher:

They seem to be pretty scarce, I've got one with my seraphim shopper at level 15 and I've not seen another one since. I need two for my dual wield seraphim. :drool:

I've played last night and tonight - I've found two blues, two reds, a purple, and a green. I lost one red because I didn't have enough money when I saw it.

LIghtsabers are a "special offer" from a merchant, and if you don't buy it as soon as you see it, I.e., you close the merchant window, it will not be there again.

I'm starting to think based on what I'm reading that lightsabers are much harder to come by for Ice and Blood players. I'm playing the U.S. version without Ice and Blood, and I am having no problem getting them.

It's easy to get relics with +2, +3, and then +4 to bargaining skill. Do I understand correctly that the relics in Ice and Blood don't have such large bonuses? I wonder if the whole bargaining skill might have gotten gimped in Ice and Blood?

My new green has +28% opponent level for death blow! I'm finding lightsabers with life leech, banish undead, -regen for Inquisitor Aspects, you name it.

I love my new green, because it matches the aura color for Reverse Polarity. I'm also finding boohoodles of set items by equipping +% to find valuables, and opening up map and doing subquests. Lots of inquisitor set items have beautiful red, green, and gold hues, which blend marvelously with red and green lightsabers together with Reverse Polarity.

I've also tried blue and purple lightsabers with white and gold robes for a more "angelic/seraphimic" look - almost like being a male seraphim when I care to swing that way.

I'm having a blast!

I don't know how much difference Ice and Blood makes, or playing in multiplayer as opposed to single player like I play, but my strategy is to max bargaining, plus to all skills, plus to find valuables, and taking my time uncovering map and doing sidequests. I am getting a growing colllection of way-cool lightsabers this way.

Oh, also, I am not dual-wielding, but rather, I am pumping Sword Weapons skill. Could that make a difference in the program? My toon swings his one lightsaber so fast it makes a blur of color and sound.

I hope maybe this helps someone.

Edited by belgarathmth