Has anyone else been having trouble with the servers today? Im able to connect fine, but after varied times ingame I lag out for around 5mins where nothing happens and then I disconnect from the game. Its happened every time Ive joined a game and last time I lost two levels and a whole bunch of portals in a new difficulty because of it.

DB I had that problem on the same server as you as you recall.. Later that night I played for about an hour and I didn't have any problem. So I don't know rightly.

I had a lot of lag last night as well, I just figured it was one of my kids downloading something hogging all the bandwidth so I just logged off for the evening. Just checked this morning and it seems fined again and I didn't lose any of the progress I made last night.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, Ive been experiencing this excessively the last few days, however, Ive maybe noticed a trend. When I play with my inquisitor I cop it really bad. Last server I took him into was one I made and I didnt even last 5 minutes before the same effect as above. And whats annoying is that when it happened to me I cause the same effect to anyone in the server with me as Im sure etherian and furian can attest to. However, as soo as I jump into a server with my HE I have no troubles (so far).

So I was wondering, anyone who has experience with a caster inquisitor online (clustering maelstrom, levin array, raving thrust combo as my damage source), have you noticed more issues with server lag/disconnecting when playing one of these? I was thinking that maybe the massive number of hits that the combo does on a huge mob is overstressing the servers and disconnecting me.

Its annoying because it doesnt save my toon like a normal server crash, instead I lose everything up to the last character saved message. experience, items, levels, whatever.

• 4 weeks later...

Sigh...double post maybe. But Im getting all this again and really badly this time...its been happening almost every 5 to 10 mins of game time...sometimes I get up to half an hour though. So I was running through the dark campaign to try and finish it off for the wiki and the servers decided they didn't want me playing today and dropped me again. So I go to log into the servers again, and not only have they not saved any of my progress they've completely wiped my gold difficulty progress. No quests/campaigns saved, about 75% of the Epic Office Quest all gone, 5 campaign chapters... Its like it was the first time I entered the difficulty. I really dont like how crappy the connections to the servers are from down here...even without this happening the issues lag wise are worse than simply distance related... Sigh...and then I go and try again and get about 30mins in the server without disconnecting. Its like there are certain areas of the map, that if I enter them its a timebomb waiting to go.

Damn, that sucks bad.

I haven't been on much recently, but I was in server for a few hours last night helping Woody with both my accounts and didn't have any problems. It certainly seems like it could be related to the area you are in.

Shouldn't it be saving your progress whenever you teleport? Why would it roll back those saves unless there was a major issue on the server end?

Shouldn't it be saving your progress whenever you teleport? Why would it roll back those saves unless there was a major issue on the server end?

I have no idea...Everything was saved initially. I logged into the server...all the progress was present and saved, net dropped out, tried to join again and no progress...so it was saved before entering...and all of a sudden my quests got reset but not my levels...

Just a stupid question - Have you tried to reinstal the game and defragment your harddisk then ?

My harddrives are defragged every week or so. I hadn't thought of installing the game again...I could try it...I thought it was something to do with my internet...but at both my mums house and my dads house with to different internet providers, using wifi to connect to the router or a cable I get the same effect. So maybe...its not my internet...sigh...I dont wanna reinstall the game...but its worth a try.

lol...after reinstalling the game...I entered the servers and my toon had all of its campaign/quest progress restored...odd, but fortuitous.

Edit: Still DC'ed 15mins into the game though :drool: Reinstalling didnt help...

Edited by Dragon Brother

ok, THAT makes absolutely no sense. Your local install should have absolutely nothing to do with the levels/quest progress.

What sort of pings are you getting while playing?

I haven't been having trouble with lag. I have enemies healing themselves at least once every 30 mins or so. Enemies that cannot heal like Kobolds and Boars. Got no idea what's up with that.

lol...after reinstalling the game...I entered the servers and my toon had all of its campaign/quest progress restored...odd, but fortuitous.

Edit: Still DC'ed 15mins into the game though :whip: Reinstalling didnt help...

I remember when Furian and I were both trying to play LAN over wireless to my router it was laggy and buggy. As soon as we hardwired to the router everything went peachy.

Now I have a new internet service in Indy and the room where my computer is is not accessible to the router except by wireless or one of those converters that plugs into the electrical outlet and uses the AC wiring in the house as ethernet. Now I get "Server Connection Lost" messages far more often than when I was hard wired. I don't think wireless would be better. Wireless internet browsing is ok, but it seems the connection to the closed net servers needs to be rock solid or you get buggy results

ok, THAT makes absolutely no sense. Your local install should have absolutely nothing to do with the levels/quest progress.

What sort of pings are you getting while playing?

Pings...usual 1k most of the time...sometimes gets as low as 900, jumps up higher sometimes. But when I have this happen, you know how when you hit it takes a while for the game to notice and creatures to actually have their health bar decrease? Well its like that, except for 5mins or so, its like Im suddenly no longer connected to the server yet somehow still playing without error until such time as some part of the game realises and boots me.

I haven't been having trouble with lag. I have enemies healing themselves at least once every 30 mins or so. Enemies that cannot heal like Kobolds and Boars. Got no idea what's up with that.

lol...yeah...seen that before...really confusing when that happens...

Edit: Still DC'ed 15mins into the game though :whip: Reinstalling didnt help...

I remember when Furian and I were both trying to play LAN over wireless to my router it was laggy and buggy. As soon as we hardwired to the router everything went peachy.

Now I have a new internet service in Indy and the room where my computer is is not accessible to the router except by wireless or one of those converters that plugs into the electrical outlet and uses the AC wiring in the house as ethernet. Now I get "Server Connection Lost" messages far more often than when I was hard wired. I don't think wireless would be better. Wireless internet browsing is ok, but it seems the connection to the closed net servers needs to be rock solid or you get buggy results

Yeah...unfortunately at my mums house the router is in her room, so no go on cable connection, especially since I use a laptop and move all over the house. At my dads though, different ISP, using a comp hardwired to the router was...giving mixed results. At first I thought there was no issue, but then I got dumped twice within 5mins of entering the game so...I dont know...maybe using wifi is exacerbating the problem.

The first time I saw that happen I nearly soiled my underpants. Especially because it looked like this:

selfhealing1288049177.jpg

Pings...usual 1k most of the time...sometimes gets as low as 900, jumps up higher sometimes. But when I have this happen, you know how when you hit it takes a while for the game to notice and creatures to actually have their health bar decrease? Well its like that, except for 5mins or so, its like Im suddenly no longer connected to the server yet somehow still playing without error until such time as some part of the game realises and boots me.
That sort of ping should be more than fine. I just got 2k and I'm not having any problems. Is it the same from both locations/providers? Both of your accounts?

Are you still getting no response if you attempt to 'tracert eu.sacred2.net'..? Maybe try it when you first connect and then as soon as it starts going pear shaped.

Well, tracert gives:

C:\Users\Ashley>tracert eu.sacred2.net

Tracing route to eu.sacred2.net [84.201.80.43]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1	17 ms	 2 ms	 2 ms  mygateway1.ar7 [10.1.1.1]
 2   276 ms   303 ms   284 ms  twlb1.adsl.dft.com.au [203.24.101.21]
 3	13 ms	13 ms	14 ms  core0.mel.dft.com.au [203.123.69.193]
 4	16 ms	16 ms	15 ms  VLAN309.o3mlc76f05.optus.net.au [203.202.79.217]

5	30 ms	29 ms	28 ms  10.249.24.3
 6	30 ms	29 ms	28 ms  61.88.221.63
 7   198 ms   197 ms   217 ms  203.208.192.241
 8   199 ms   197 ms   201 ms  ge-7-0-0-0.plapx-dr1.ix.singtel.com [203.208.183
.178]
 9   194 ms   193 ms   196 ms  62.156.128.125
10   349 ms   348 ms   350 ms  d-ec2-I.D.DE.NET.DTAG.DE [217.5.71.30]
11   346 ms   344 ms   346 ms  212.184.27.46
12   349 ms   351 ms   350 ms  HAN-1-eth020.de.lambdanet.net [217.71.96.77]
13   352 ms   353 ms   353 ms  DTS-HER.de.lambdanet.net [217.71.110.75]
14   358 ms   354 ms   371 ms  core1.dts-online.net [212.62.68.250]
15	 *		*		*	 Request timed out.

And everything times out from the last point...I think thats where you had the timeout issues with it right? Although, since I can connect I doubt thats my problem. I really dont know...looking forward to a game with less connection hassles.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Yeh, that looks pretty normal, considerably better than last time you tried. It definitely isn't a problem with your connection to the server then.

Do you have the same issues on both your accounts? I ask because it's clearly not your local computer (reinstalled), your ISP (multiple ISPs, in multiple locations) and it's not the server (other people are able to play with no issues). That only really leaves a problem with your account or some sort of intermittent issue caused by multiple factors (the worst problems to diagnose).

Yeh, that looks pretty normal, considerably better than last time you tried. It definitely isn't a problem with your connection to the server then.

Do you have the same issues on both your accounts? I ask because it's clearly not your local computer (reinstalled), your ISP (multiple ISPs, in multiple locations) and it's not the server (other people are able to play with no issues). That only really leaves a problem with your account or some sort of intermittent issue caused by multiple factors (the worst problems to diagnose).

To tell you the truth I think it might be the character...my inquisitor is the only one it happens too...never had it happen with any other toon...of course he's the only one ive really been playing lately...so I dont know if that says much.