Ice & Blood

Ive been tryimng to find Ice and Blood, but all I see are versions available only for over seas. I did see where One site said its comming out Oct.2, but its from a 2009 posting. Please let me know if anyone has some info on this....thanks!

Ive been tryimng to find Ice and Blood, but all I see are versions available only for over seas. I did see where One site said its comming out Oct.2, but its from a 2009 posting. Please let me know if anyone has some info on this....thanks!

Sorry Kurufinwe, it's only out for EU PC version :)

Hi, and welcome to Darkmatters

If you order Sacred 2 Gold Edition, you'll get the EU Fallen Angel Version as well as Ice and Blood all rolled into one.

Download Sacred 2 Gold Edition

:)

gogo

Is there any difference between EU version and US versions of Fallen Angel? If I bought the EU Ice and Blood version somewhere here in the US, would I even be able to tell that it is an EU version of the game?

Is there any difference between EU version and US versions of Fallen Angel? If I bought the EU Ice and Blood version somewhere here in the US, would I even be able to tell that it is an EU version of the game?

The difference is the publishers (CDV in US vs Deep Silver in UK/EU) which equates to certain technical things in the game install and security.

The problem is that Ice and Blood is an expansion, so you need the same main version of the game (I've read that some people tried some hacks to make it work w/ the US main game but it was a bit iffy). So you do need the UK/EU version of S2FA to then add on Ice and Blood. Your best bet would be the Gold Edition which would give you both the main game and the expansion all in one.

The difference is the publishers (CDV in US vs Deep Silver in UK/EU) which equates to certain technical things in the game install and security.

The problem is that Ice and Blood is an expansion, so you need the same main version of the game (I've read that some people tried some hacks to make it work w/ the US main game but it was a bit iffy). So you do need the UK/EU version of S2FA to then add on Ice and Blood. Your best bet would be the Gold Edition which would give you both the main game and the expansion all in one.

Perfect info Masteff

Thank you

:pitcher:

gogo

Thanks for the info, I'll get gold also, once I've got my new PC that is. It was going to come with a 1MB ATI Raedon 5450 and 6MB of RAM, will this be sufficient to run the game smoothly? I would hope that it would be at least as smooth as on the PS3, which is already pretty choppy at times.

Edited by rhs408

Yeah, that'll be more than plenty. Game's two years old almost, so you're exceeding the best that was available when the game was designed (I run an NVIDIA 8800GT and 4GB ram and am mostly smooth at highest non-elite). (or at least I'm not aware of Ice and Blood raising the graphics specs any, since it's built on the same platform)

Edited by masteff
Thanks for the info, I'll get gold also, once I've got my new PC that is. It was going to come with a 1MB ATI Raedon 5450 and 6MB of RAM, will this be sufficient to run the game smoothly? I would hope that it would be at least as smooth as on the PS3, which is already pretty choppy at times.

That's a lot of ram. When I got my system for Sacred 2 I had only 4gigs...but more than enough to play the game on highest settings.

gogo

That's a lot of ram. When I got my system for Sacred 2 I had only 4gigs...but more than enough to play the game on highest settings.

gogo

Uh.. 6 MB?!?! Maybe if the PC was from say... 1992! Maybe he meant 6 GB..? I would seriously hope so.

@ RHS408

About the only issue I can see with your new system - Sacred 2 FA can be kind of tetchy at times on Windows 7 (32 bit). It'll run, but you've gotta run it in Win XP SP3 compatability mode. I have no idea how well it will (or won't) run under Win 7 64. One hopes it's a bit better under the 64 bit version. Other than that, you should have more than enough RAM. I'm getting by quite nicely with 1/2 of what you've got. My Nvida GT220 w/1 GB VRAM based card renders everything quite nicely.

As far as installing XP on the beast... Not so sure Sacred 2 would run much better under XP or Vista than it does under Win 7. I'd keep 7 installed and just work through the rougher parts. Once you get past the Human region and get into the Orc territories, things should be smoother sailing.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I highly recommend Win7 64 for new i5/i7 systems. And especially if you are going to spend the money on more than 3 Gb Ram. I run in Ice and Blood with the 2.65 patch which fixed the compatibility issue. The game runs great with a few minor tweaks like disabling PhysX and using the 4Gb patch.

Yes sorry I meant 6GB RAM and 1GB VRAM video card. CPU is i5-650 processor(4MB Cache, 3.20GHz) with Windows 7 64 bit. I'd definitely like to play on highest graphics settings if possible, sounds like it will be so I'm looking forward to it!

gogo

Keep in mind, Gogo, that 32-bit OSes can't use over 4GB, so slightly older systems like ours are more likely to have 3-4GB whereas newer systems seem to all be going w/ 64-bit Win7 which can go as high as 192GB (depending on version: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa...imits_windows_7 ). Man, if only I could think of an excuse to build a system w/ 192GB of RAM :) .

Keep in mind, Gogo, that 32-bit OSes can't use over 4GB, so slightly older systems like ours are more likely to have 3-4GB whereas newer systems seem to all be going w/ 64-bit Win7 which can go as high as 192GB (depending on version: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa...imits_windows_7 ). Man, if only I could think of an excuse to build a system w/ 192GB of RAM :D .

One further note about 32 bit OS's... The final total of RAM you have installed will always be less than 4 GB. Remember, devices installed on your system suck up some of the RAM space. Case in point - if you've got 4 GB of physical RAM and a 1 GB video card, you're only going to get ~ 3GB of usable physical system memory.

I highly recommend Win7 64 for new i5/i7 systems. And especially if you are going to spend the money on more than 3 Gb Ram. I run in Ice and Blood with the 2.65 patch which fixed the compatibility issue. The game runs great with a few minor tweaks like disabling PhysX and using the 4Gb patch.

What is this 4Gb patch and where can I get it? I'm 2.65 Win7 64bit with 4Gb ram and PhysX disable but I still get frequent hangs and crashes.

What is this 4Gb patch and where can I get it? I'm 2.65 Win7 64bit with 4Gb ram and PhysX disable but I still get frequent hangs and crashes.

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

here is the url with download and an explanation. Actual results and usefulness of the change is unknown. However, several of us with 64 bit OS have tried it and I believe is has helped me.

:bye:

gogo

Keep in mind, Gogo, that 32-bit OSes can't use over 4GB, so slightly older systems like ours are more likely to have 3-4GB whereas newer systems seem to all be going w/ 64-bit Win7 which can go as high as 192GB (depending on version: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa...imits_windows_7 ). Man, if only I could think of an excuse to build a system w/ 192GB of RAM :bounce: .

I was actually cutting edge when I got my system... actually me and schot took big gambles and went 64 bit... lol it was a mess getting the os to to go on properly and smoothly..but when it got done, sacred 2 has worked deliciously well on Vista ever since.

Schot actually changed his OS with 64 bit to Windows 7...loves the game on it.

gogo

here is the url with download and an explanation. Actual results and usefulness of the change is unknown. However, several of us with 64 bit OS have tried it and I believe is has helped me.

Thanks loco, I'll definitely give that a shot and see if it helps. My other thought is that I've only got a 512mb video card and maybe that's limitiing, hoping to updrade to a 1gb card eventually. The hangs happen in the same places, I.e. walking down the spiral ramp to the Seraphim Tower, Walking under the arch to place the dynamite for the Octagolamus, Right after crossing the invisible bridge to fight Abishai, etc. I also get a hang sometimes if I try to pull up the map when the game is saving quest status.

Thanks loco, I'll definitely give that a shot and see if it helps. My other thought is that I've only got a 512mb video card and maybe that's limitiing, hoping to updrade to a 1gb card eventually. The hangs happen in the same places, I.e. walking down the spiral ramp to the Seraphim Tower, Walking under the arch to place the dynamite for the Octagolamus, Right after crossing the invisible bridge to fight Abishai, etc. I also get a hang sometimes if I try to pull up the map when the game is saving quest status.

Those sound like the same spots that used to plague me as well. And I think Furian still has trouble is those spots.

All I can say is I don't have any trouble anymore. I can't say for sure what the exact fix was, but the biggest things I can say I "think" helped, Was disabling PhysX in the contol panel as well as in game, and the 4 Gb patch.

• 3 weeks later...

back to the op, yeah it was like a kick in the junk for me when I found out that Ice and Blood wasnt coming to the us. I was so upset about that. infact thats when I stopped playing for almost a year. I just now got back into it like I used to be about a week ago.