Regen per hit Vs. Regen time -X%

JC_Druid

First off im sorry if it seems like im spamming the high elf section lately but I want to make sure I have all the info I need.

I remember reading somewhere about the pros of regen per hit but I cant seem to find it again.

My question is with a HE... more specifically a Pyro HE with no physical damage

A) Does regen per hit actually work for her or is it purely physical damage that kicks regen per hit in?

B) If it does which is better for a Pyro HE regen per hit or regen time -X%?

C) how does the game mechanics work with stacking regen per hit? ie. if you have 2 items with regen per hit .5s will it take 1s off regen time per hit or something like .75s?

Weapon hits will kick it in. In case of the highelf it are normal attacks and magic coup.

RpH stacks without reducing.

The stray damage of magic coup will activate for each target hit.

RpH will not reduce a cooldown.

RpH was mage working for the PC with the AddON - consoles it worked all the time.

So many pre-addon guides were done in a time when RpH wasn't an option.

First off im sorry if it seems like im spamming the high elf section lately but I want to make sure I have all the info I need.

I remember reading somewhere about the pros of regen per hit but I cant seem to find it again.

My question is with a HE... more specifically a Pyro HE with no physical damage

A) Does regen per hit actually work for her or is it purely physical damage that kicks regen per hit in?

C) how does the game mechanics work with stacking regen per hit? ie. if you have 2 items with regen per hit .5s will it take 1s off regen time per hit or something like .75s?

Regen per Hit requires a weapon strike. Melee or Ranged.

For the high elf regen -% would be better. Unless you equip a throwing star or Bow to make RpH strikes in between attacks. but you really wont need that, after you get a few levels in and put points into your focuses.

thanks for the answers

this will help alot

I have the focus and at the moment am spamming enhance on my gear so far as I dont have anything that special

when it comes to goals im a bit of a junky I go all out, and since my goal at the moment is to cast as quick as I can im doing anything to reduce times, do you believe there is such a thing as too much regen -X%?

or if you play the same as I start is there a point where you leave regen -X% either alone or lay off a bit?

thanks for the answers

this will help alot

I have the focus and at the moment am spamming enhance on my gear so far as I dont have anything that special

when it comes to goals im a bit of a junky I go all out, and since my goal at the moment is to cast as quick as I can im doing anything to reduce times, do you believe there is such a thing as too much regen -X%?

or if you play the same as I start is there a point where you leave regen -X% either alone or lay off a bit?

Watch the animation of an attack. it will have a fixed time that it takes to complete. reducing your regen down below the animation time is overkill. For an example, Blazing Tempest I have found that about 1.0s-1.2s is as low as I have ever needed to go. With the Fireball I can go lower as the animation is quicker. Incindiary Shower I found 1.2s-1.5s to be good. It is different for every character and CA. so use the animation time as your min regen goal.

I think for most, regen time -x% would be the preferred mod. MOSTLY because the elf doesn't want to focus on keeping her chance to hit high to ensure that weapon attacks actually hit to trigger the regeneration per hit modifiers.

If you've scanned my "What do I do" thread here in the Elf section, she uses RpH to instantly-recharge combat arts; I use a high-level Magic Coup.png Magic Coup to ensure the weapon hits. (Coup has built-in hit-chance increasers and a modifier for anti-evasion). So for me, RpH is the way to go to get "hell-fast recast" :chef:

cheers for the answers :sick:

loco lol such a simple solution, why didnt I think of it? :chef:

was thinking perhaps after the regen times are down go for casting speed +X% and fire damage +X%

any thoughts?

cheers for the answers :sick:

loco lol such a simple solution, why didnt I think of it? :chef:

was thinking perhaps after the regen times are down go for casting speed +X% and fire damage +X%

any thoughts?

+% damage is big for speed leveling. Casting speed at low level would help. Once your Fire Lore gets up in levels the casting will come around. by level 75 is should be maxed at 150%.

• 1 month later...

Coulñdn't see the answer to this anywhere so sorry for my late night blindness if I have missed it :D

Regen per hit + ?.? Does that apply only to melee hits? For example, if I am using an Ice Elf does that count as a hit or must I actually hit something with my weapon?

Delete this thread if you like. 30 seconds later I found this .... http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16749

Edited by Gordius
Coulñdn't see the answer to this anywhere so sorry for my late night blindness if I have missed it :D

Regen per hit + ?.? Does that apply only to melee hits? For example, if I am using an Ice Elf does that count as a hit or must I actually hit something with my weapon?

Delete this thread if you like. 30 seconds later I found this .... http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16749

Ranged weapons also count... I equipped my HE with a bow and an RpH ammy and now there's a 2nd energy stream flowing back to her along with the Life Leech. The 2nd stream being blue.

There is a third option - mainly if playing at high levels:

Sacred_2:Chance_to_halve_regeneration_time (CtHRT)

But this is an all or nothing option. In critical situations you won't like the randomness of CtHRT. So you want it at 100%. Since it isn't scaled down this is possible. Not at bronce, silver, gold --- but certain classes can reach 100% without much loss at platinum others in niob.

The % what an item can give get more and more the higher the difficulty and level is, so this modifier is considered useless by many people because it isn't useful early on. You won't have the needed items early on and if you have they have low percentage. But in niob a dual wielder can get 50% alone from his weapons.

With 2 level 160 kaldur#s you will have 5% life leech, 51.2% halve regeneration time, 54% attack speed and 4 gold sockets. So a lucky inquisitor can have nice life leech attacks versus bosses and champions while at the same moment has half the stuff needed for a 100% CtHRT.

Hmm, perhaps I should do this as an extra topic or somehow can add a better written explanation to the wiki why this modifiers can be useful.

A hybrid elf which can use Kaldur for magic coup and would use CtHRT

Sacred_2:Kaldur's_Legacy 25.6% - level 160

Sacred_2:Celdrahil's_Focus 13.1% - lvl210%

Sacred_2:Virgo's_Pants 12%-lvl50

Sacred_2:Arni's_Ring 7.8%-lvl67 - will also reduce reg time

Sacred_2:Jugala's_Necklace 13.1% - lvl70 - reflect combat arts

I tried a hybrid elf for 2 hours with what I had in chest: Kaldur's Legacy, Celdrahil's Focus, Virgo's Pants and 3 Jugala's Necklaces to reach 100%. Meteors showers had half regeneration time without being forced to close in for RpH weapon hits to recharge. And since my magic coup was at 1.4s I could spam it because it was regenerated every 0.7s even without RpH.

My hybrid was a RpH build so not optimized for CtHRT from the scratch, but was still playable.