New US player thinking of buying the EU version; had a few questions.

First of all, I'm sorry if this has been brought up countless times, but I was having some strange issues with the search function so I figured I'd just ask myself.

I just recently found out about this game (not sure how it's eluded me for this long) and since I was a pretty big fan of Diablo 2 I wanted to give Sacred 2 a try. The problem is, there's so many different copies of the game floating around, both US and EU versions, that I wanted to make sure I bought the "right" one. From what I've researched the US servers are pretty much dead? I'll be playing with a friend mostly, but It'd be great to get a chance to meet some new people occasionally so the EU server sounds like the best bet.

So with that said, where can I find the best deal for an English copy of the Gold edition (I take it this is the "end all" version)? Down-loadable would be preferable, but I don't mind ordering it either. Also, is there anything else I need to buy or is that everything?

Again, sorry for the questions, I just wanted to make sure I bought the right thing, at the right place, for the right price ;)

Thanks in advance for any info.

Welcome to FDM, you have come to the right place!

You can buy the digital download here: DL GAMER

You can buy the hard case EU version on ebay without much issue.

Once you have your copy of either. Please feel free to post up, I'll be more then happy to help you get on your feet!

I remain, Etherian

Well, etherian beat me to it, I dont know what the best price you can get is, but if you use this link then a small portion of the price goes towards this site. Its from the same place as etherian linked to.

If you change to the sterling sacred forum skin instead of the halloween skin, there are links at the top of the page that should take you to the same place. Oddly enough, they link you to our Sacred 3 page and then you have to use the links there at the moment.

Thanks for the fast response and welcomes guys :)

As much as I'd like to help out the site, I don't think I'll be able to buy it from that store as I'm living in the US, and the gold edition doesn't seem to be offered at the US store ;). If there's a way to buy it there regardless though, just let me know what I need to do - I really don't know anything about cross-country purchases and how it works and/or if it's even possible.

I'm guessing ebay might be my only option, arrg ;)

Edit: Bah, looks like even ebay doesn't have any copies :)

Edited by Seilan

As much as I'd like to help out the site, I don't think I'll be able to buy it from that store as I'm living in the US, and the gold edition doesn't seem to be offered at the US store ;). If there's a way to buy it there regardless though, just let me know what I need to do - I really don't know anything about cross-country purchases and how it works and/or if it's even possible.

The site will allow a US purchase. It is the very same site in which we all buy our +3 char slots.

As for a hard case copy, ebay is probably your best bet.

Kind Regards, Etherian

The site will allow a US purchase. It is the very same site in which we all buy our +3 char slots.

Kind Regards, Etherian

Ah ok thanks :), I wasn't sure; I've never made a purchase like this before. So using my mastercard should work just the same as with any US store I guess?

Thanks again for the help!

Edited by Seilan

Yeah, you should be able to buy it from the UK store and just put in your mastercard details. When you get your statement or whatever on it it will have the adjusted fee to include the exchange rate. Also, if it says that the order status is blocked, I had the same issue, I think its just their default message while waiting for your details to go through and for them to get the money before giving you the download links.

As much as I'd like to help out the site, I don't think I'll be able to buy it from that store as I'm living in the US, and the gold edition doesn't seem to be offered at the US store :) . If there's a way to buy it there regardless though, just let me know what I need to do - I really don't know anything about cross-country purchases and how it works and/or if it's even possible.

Kind Regards, Etherian

As you can see I live in Texas. I did a search and found a seller overseas that sold boxed copies of the European version when I bought my sacred 2 Gold. A quick online search just now came up with several sites selling the boxed Deep Silver Fallen Angel and the expansion Ice & Blood as separate entities but everybody was out of the Gold box. So you can get both and then run the patches to update them if you want a boxed copy instead of downloading online. Buying from overseas sources is no problem as the currency is automatically converted when using a credit card. Hope this helps.

Good Job guys! Seilan, I'm in Pittsburgh and used the links to DLGamer just fine. Also once you get your confirmation and start your down loads there are a few really great threads here to get you loaded up and running. Not many folk out there been able to do it without a bit of sweat beading up on their foreheads.

And here is a great Link by our Favorite Map maker Schot. Look here!

As much as I'd like to help out the site, I don't think I'll be able to buy it from that store as I'm living in the US, and the gold edition doesn't seem to be offered at the US store :). If there's a way to buy it there regardless though, just let me know what I need to do - I really don't know anything about cross-country purchases and how it works and/or if it's even possible.

Kind Regards, Etherian

An actual better bet would be www.ebay.co.uk ... Last time I looked for Sacred 2 Gold or Ice and Blood on the US site - there weren't any. There was one dude offering a copy of Sacred 1 Gold and a couple of other games from Ascaron - Darkstar One and Port Royale... Not quite what we're lookng for.

Just had a quick look - and there are no current Sacred 2 Gold copies on eBay UK... Tho there ARE a few copies of Fallen Angel - including one of the collector's editions with the seraphim action figure. It's an XBOX 360 version.

The last time I looked on Ebay UK, there were a few copies up for grabs - but between the selling price and the shipping, VAT and other nonsense - it came out to well over the $24.99 DLGamer wanted for the UK edition.

I think our copy of 24.99 for Sacred 2 Gold is probably among the cheapest you will find anywhere right now. I had spoken to our rep about this a few weeks past, asking him if they could maybe come up with something for the site to help fans with prices, and he was able to chop off a few pounds.

I used to buy boxes, but I got lazy and all our latest copies of Sacred 2 have been via download links. Once you main game, all you need is more keys .

lol, I can't believe how many posts and peeps have gotten in on this thread since it went up...I remember waking up this morning at 9.00 am and seeing this topic blazing.. nice having you here on the boards, Seilan, and have fun with the game!

:P

gogo

I think our copy of 24.99 for Sacred 2 Gold is probably among the cheapest you will find anywhere right now. I had spoken to our rep about this a few weeks past, asking him if they could maybe come up with something for the site to help fans with prices, and he was able to chop off a few pounds.

I used to buy boxes, but I got lazy and all our latest copies of Sacred 2 have been via download links. Once you main game, all you need is more keys .

lol, I can't believe how many posts and peeps have gotten in on this thread since it went up...I remember waking up this morning at 9.00 am and seeing this topic blazing.. nice having you here on the boards, Seilan, and have fun with the game!

:P

gogo

It is likely the cheapest - with maybe one exception. Someone posted a link on I think another thread with a copy going for 15.99 pounds. But that doesn't include international shipping. Not even sure actually if they DO ship outside of the UK. The download, however, is far more drama free.

Now if only the exchange rate was a bit better, then it'd be THE killer deal.

:)

gogo

Ha, no kidding, I didn't imagine the game would have such a great community; heck, you guys put most mmorpg communities to shame for that matter :dntknw:

Thanks a ton for all of the information so far. I still haven't bought the game yet (was waiting on a friend who's also thinking of getting it) but I should definitely have it within the next few days. And I just noticed the last part of your first post Etherian - I really appreciate the offer and I might have to take you up on that ;). I was planning on doing everything the hard way the first time around (getting all my equipment on my own), but I'm always up for grouping and meeting people.

Thanks again everyone, I should be seeing you in-game soon :)

Edited by Seilan

:dntknw:

gogo

It is likely the cheapest - with maybe one exception. Someone posted a link on I think another thread with a copy going for 15.99 pounds. But that doesn't include international shipping. Not even sure actually if they DO ship outside of the UK. The download, however, is far more drama free.

Now if only the exchange rate was a bit better, then it'd be THE killer deal.

Hehe...the exchange rate is doing well for me down in Aus...we're sitting at around 0.98-0.99US$ for our $1...the highest its been in decades.

;)

gogo

Ha, no kidding, I didn't imagine the game would have such a great community; heck, you guys put most mmorpg communities to shame for that matter :)

Thanks a ton for all of the information so far. I still haven't bought the game yet (was waiting on a friend who's also thinking of getting it) but I should definitely have it within the next few days. And I just noticed the last part of your first post Etherian - I really appreciate the offer and I might have to take you up on that :). I was planning on doing everything the hard way the first time around (getting all my equipment on my own), but I'm always up for grouping and meeting people.

Thanks again everyone, I should be seeing you in-game soon :)

Seriously!

Once you get the download or hard copy, either is just fine.

All you need do is shoot a PM my way, will meet up in-game. I'll give you the Royal treatment I recieved during the first couple weeks.

See you real soon. :dntknw:

I remain, Etherian

Hehe...the exchange rate is doing well for me down in Aus...we're sitting at around 0.98-0.99US$ for our $1...the highest its been in decades.

Yah.. But how does that translate into British Pounds Sterling? Guessing it's about the same as the US dollar is - not so hot. According to my desktop gadget, buying the game from your neck of the woods today, as of this writing - would cost you $39.88 AUD. Buying it from the US as I write this, it's $39.20 USD. Truth is, neither one is doing so hot against the Brit Pound. :dntknw:

Then again, the Canadians have it worse - it's $40.23 Canadian right now.

Hi Seilan

Myself, I have never received that before, but I use a credit card when processing payment. I'm wondering what this means in your case. ARe you trying to process payment via Pay pal? Or are you behind a proxy?

I will reach our rep, but it's weekend, so we'll definitely have an answer for you latest tomorrow.

:oooo:

gogo

Well, I'm having some problems with buying the game. I keep getting a "denied bank" error when I try to validate my payment. Have any of you had this problem before?

Personally, I have never come across this before. I always use PayPal for purchases when buying online.

I'm sure the DL Gamer Rep. will have results for you though.

I remain, Etherian

Hi Seilan, our rep is saying that the transaction is not being processed tween banks, and to have a look at perhaps how it is set up from your institution and then attempt to process again. What is the method you are using to try to attempt purchase?

gogo

Hi Seilan, our rep is saying that the transaction is not being processed tween banks, and to have a look at perhaps how it is set up from your institution and then attempt to process again. What is the method you are using to try to attempt purchase?

gogo

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm using my debit mastercard but the bank I'm with is very small (only a handful exist around Southern Alabama), so I'm wondering if that might have something to do with it. I would try going through paypal but I don't have an account with them. Although, if I'm not mistaken, isn't it possible to use your own debit card through pay pal even without an account, for a quick purchase?

If all else fails, I was thinking of maybe going to Wal-mart tomorrow and purchasing one of those pre-paid, one-time-use debit cards, but the question is... would that also work with an overseas purchase?

Edited by Seilan

Ah, I see now...I think it's because you're trying to process a debit card (technically), that it's not working. I'm not sure how debit cards work with PayPal... For my own account I had to have it "connected" to one of my own bank accounts.

And then, once that is set up, you can purchase things online with money that has already been transferred into your pay pal, or with a paypal "check"

Getting a pay pal account doesn't take very long, registration, connect it to your bank account... I'm sure you can have that up and going in a few days.

gogo

Personally, I have never come across this before. I always use PayPal for purchases when buying online.

I remain, Etherian

So are you using paypal then seilan? I use a debit mastercard for my online purchases as well and so far havent had an issue with making one time payments through paypal. I think my card details are stored with paypal, but I think thats just the default setting when you make a purchase.

@Wolfie...hehe while that is true. Buying the game when it was released (Just the original, collectors edition) in aus was ~$100, I have a mate that works in the game industry so he knocked $20 of for me and gave it to me for just above cost price. So getting the gold version (original+expansion) for $40 is a huge saving. Also, when only 5 years ago it was almost $3Aus to get $1brit pound...I think the aussie dollar is doing well enough for me to not be complaining :oooo:

I remain, Etherian

So are you using paypal then seilan? I use a debit mastercard for my online purchases as well and so far havent had an issue with making one time payments through paypal. I think my card details are stored with paypal, but I think thats just the default setting when you make a purchase.

@Wolfie...hehe while that is true. Buying the game when it was released (Just the original, collectors edition) in aus was ~$100, I have a mate that works in the game industry so he knocked $20 of for me and gave it to me for just above cost price. So getting the gold version (original+expansion) for $40 is a huge saving. Also, when only 5 years ago it was almost $3Aus to get $1brit pound...I think the aussie dollar is doing well enough for me to not be complaining :oooo:

No I haven't actually tried the pay pal option yet. I wasn't sure how the debit card - to - paypal thing worked without actually having a paypal account. I've got a friend who actually has an active account so I'll probably just put the money in their bank account and use it. Now I just need to figure out the total in US dollars - I know it will be around 40 for the game itself, but are there any other costs/fees that I will need to cover?