Re-hi: I'm still kickin'

I'm still around. Those who frequented the SIF might recognize me...and if you don't, well, you aren't missing much. ;)

Sacred 2 just didn't do it for yours truly. After tinkering around with the characters for a while, I grew despondent and started pulling my hair out. :(

Well, okay...the pulling my hair out bit is an exaggeration. :)

I'm doing other things these days...and waiting for a decent game to come along that I can sink my teeth into. Other than that, nothing much to say. Glad to see that Dark Matters is till kickin'...and I notice the facelift. You go, gogo. :)

Nice to see you Tharkane. I'm sorry to hear that S2IB doesn't work for you. I know the painful time after S2FA was released turned a lot of people off the game... but the patches did come out. It's not perfect, but, to me at least, it's gorgeous!

Wishing you well, as always, your co-writer Frost/Dave

Hey Tharkane! It's good seeing you back. I had wondered what had happened to you after your initial purchase. You'd done so much work with the original game, almost completely laid out it's tinkerings for everyone to understand.

Can you tell us what you found so much worse in Sacred 2 that you were expecting from Sacred ? For me, there were some issues with speed of changing Combat Arts which broke my heart...but for the rest, I was able to solder on... We've got Guild Wars 2 coming up pretty soon, and that may be able to to carry us all over till Sacred 3 gets here ^^

:(

gogo

Ah, it's like old times. :(

Nice to see you Tharkane. I'm sorry to hear that S2IB doesn't work for you. I know the painful time after S2FA was released turned a lot of people off the game... but the patches did come out. It's not perfect, but, to me at least, it's gorgeous!

Hey Dave, long time no read. In the game's defense, I never got around to the patches nor the expansion. I set it aside before those arrived on the scene.

Glad to see you're still around...and there's always D3, S3 and Grim Dawn to look forward to

Here's to hoping that Blizzard doesn't rob D3 of it's original dark heart as expressed in the earlier games, Knuckles. I quite enjoyed tinkering with D2 and the LoD expansion back in the day...my Bowazon was a carnage machine, a precursor of my gore-factory Daemon in Sacred. :evil: I'm a bit wary from what I have seen of D3 thus far. We shall see.

Can you tell us what you found so much worse in Sacred 2 that you were expecting from Sacred ? For me, there were some issues with speed of changing Combat Arts which broke my heart...but for the rest, I was able to solder on... We've got Guild Wars 2 coming up pretty soon, and that may be able to to carry us all over till Sacred 3 gets here ^^

I was disappointed in the lack of synergies, for one, gogo. That was something the Diablo games featured and something that Sacred offered as well, as a nod to the inspiration the developers derived from that franchise. It made for a more diverse and varied play experience, and helped to make character building more detailed for those who wished to plumb the depths, in a manner of speaking. I like doing that sort of thing.

Secondly - and perhaps more important than what's above - is the general impression I had that the game was rushed into completion with gaping holes in the storyline, dialogue, and itemization. It made me miss the Annihilating Daggers of the Menial, to be honest. Remember those? I used to hate 'em. Now I miss 'em. :cry:

The English translation was sloppy, to say the least. That bugged me considerably. The quests seemed to be a farce of a farce, of a farce. The original Sacred, by comparison, was like War and Peace compared to Sacred 2's Bazooka Joe gum wrapper comic strip about War and Peace. It seemed that way to me, anyway.

In the end analysis, I'd say that Sacred 2 lacked a soul like its predecessor had. I couldn't connect with the game. After I put it down, I went out and picked up Titan Quest.

I didn't like that one, either.

I was disappointed in the lack of synergies, for one, gogo. That was something the Diablo games featured and something that Sacred offered as well, as a nod to the inspiration the developers derived from that franchise. It made for a more diverse and varied play experience, and helped to make character building more detailed for those who wished to plumb the depths, in a manner of speaking. I like doing that sort of thing.

What you had me wrote here, had me running to the diablo 2 forums just to see what kind of synergies they had built into the game... turns out, that was kind of a ground-breaking part of the Diablo 2 series. Tharkane, were there synergies in Sacred that you particularly liked? Maybe I'll start up a post here today later on, and we'll see what kind of "synergies" that players have found.

:)

gogo

What you had me wrote here, had me running to the diablo 2 forums just to see what kind of synergies they had built into the game... turns out, that was kind of a ground-breaking part of the Diablo 2 series. Tharkane, were there synergies in Sacred that you particularly liked? Maybe I'll start up a post here today later on, and we'll see what kind of "synergies" that players have found.

:D

gogo

Underworld delved into synergies more thoroughly than the previous incarnation of the game did. I explored one particular avenue with Daemon builds. I believe I covered that topic in some part of the Daemon guide that I wrote. The synergies were quite dramatic in regards to the Daemon build variants. That was the strength of the Daemon character.

• 6 months later...

Hiya Tharkane.

Being pretty much what I consider a noob here on the forums I have not had the pleasure of knowing you in the past. I found the world of Sacred through Sacred 2 having never played the original. Since I enjoyed Sacred 2 I actually picked it and the Underworld expansion up, but haven't played it much yet. And I am probably the only person in the universe who has never played Diablo, though I have certainly heard of it..lol

Yeah, can ya tell that this old fogey is very early in her gaming experience...lol Man, I feel so deprived. I'm gonna have to go back and play all those games you guys have been playing for years just to catch up..lol :o

*looks around*

So, you gave the forum a facelift yet again, eh gogo? No Hello Kitty theme:) :bomb:

lol ...Kitty.

One day we will have the technology... we hopes

:lol:

gogo