True Beauty

Life with the Bullet! We just got it.. or Schot did. I never really believed in this kind of stuff. I kinda figgered that drinking juice or just plain juicing stuff is way worse than eating a whole fruit. Eating a fruit in whole form takes time, expends energy, plus you get pulp and skin...all makes me time my time. Every time I have plain juice around, I end up gulping the stuff as a standin for water.

*bloat*

This purchase surprises me... it's actually made NOT to juice...but to blend. Fruits are so sweet, I couldn't belive how happy and even MORE energetic I got while drinking the shake. I'm just curious about the fiber. Because it's being blended like this... does it kill the fiber value? Or...is it still there but just easier to imbibe?

That shake's secret btw was cantaloupe... Schot's made a bunch of smoothies now since getting the thing (he's gone craaaaaaaaaaaazy) but the one with the orange cantaloupe completley transformed the flavor... the flavor was SO good in fact...it almost felt like a product you could buy.

:)

gogo

Ground up fibre is still left handed starch... left handed means you can't digest it.... unless you take cellulase in a digestive enzyme capsule.

btw left handed sugar is sucralose (IIRC). Tastes sweet, but can't be digested by humans... though, again, I wonder if you take a multi-spectrum enzyme capsule if maybe that becomes untrue.

The problem with prepared juices is the loss of natural components through processing... using a blender on real fruit is not likely to destroy Vitamin C or anything else. It's the cooking they have to do, and the straining, (and freezing or heating, or drying) that makes juice less valuable. (Plus they add sugar to juices to fix the flavour, or enhance it--It's all about how much you crave it after you drink it, BABY!)

So: My vote is: if it makes you ingest your daily limit of fruit/veg... go for it! :)

Interesting fact about left handed starch Frostie. :)

I'm so in love with this Magic Bullet blender. I was thinking of buying a Ninja Master Blender but when I saw the Magic Bullet I remembered the great reviews it had, as well as that a friend of mine loves it, and so bit the Bullet and bought it. It's amazing. So convenient. I like how small it is and it cleans up quick and easy too. But the best part about it for me is that it really inspires me to eat fruits and veggies. Something I rarely did in my usual diet. I've only created two recipes so far and I think I already have a #1 recipe. The one that gogo teased about. It should prbably be illegal cause it tastes much too good. If I didn't know better I could probably live off of that mixture and be quite happy to forgo all other foods, lol. If anyone is curious then by all means try it out!

1/4 of a whole Cantaloupe *choppped

1 whole average sized Banana *choppped

1/4 - 1/2 a handful of grapes

1 cup of water

Try that in any O'l blender. Should make two modest size glasses of juice. Oh and really pulverize it! I think I blended off and on to equal about 1.5 minutes. I think that blending at 10-20 second bursts should do it. In between bursts you could maybe wait 5 seconds in order to let large chunks float downward toward the blades. Keep goin until you've got a smooth creamy drink! I think the mixture might be great for making Popsicles. Can't wait to try that. Yum! :)

I remember similar blenders from the time before I was married: after a night with friends to fight a hangover: doing a mix of eggs, coffee, fruits and fish at morning.

Now kitchen machines are an endless battle between the technically interested husband ("Look it is programmable via USB!") and the more practical wife:

"Okay it may save time, but how long does the cleaning takes?"

"It seems to be really quick with its sharp blades, but is it save for our kids?"

"It may be quick for a household of 2, but we are the third power of that."

"Oh no, not another gadget..."

So it normally ends up with more expensive robust multifunction machines ables to do enough for 8 people.

ph-multiquick-7-kitchen-machine-k3000.jpg

The containers are either steel or heat proven glas, so it is possible to fine cut hot -near boiling- soup (I wouldn't have thought of that). My wife says it is nice to feed ill kids who do hard in swallowing with fine cut soup, big enough to do enough bread mass for 3 four-pound breads when the baking house in village is heated, or enough cookie mass for 6 cookies at one of our kids birthday parties....

Needs change once you are married and you are no longer in command of your kitchen...

salsa recipe for the bullet...

1 big tomato (hope its summer :D )

1 small onion or 1/2 medium onion... I prefer red onions which are medium

about 5 limes

about 1/4 cup chopped carrot

salt (to taste)

pepper (to taste)

sugar! (to taste....brings out the carrot) - optional

1 avacado - optional

chop everything except limes into small pieces about what you would want in salsa size as the chunky bits. 1/2 cm squre to 1 cm square is good to me. Mix everything except limes and the to taste things. Then divide the mixture in two. Put 1/2 in batches in the bullet. Oh I forgot before that juice the limes and mix with the stuff you are going to juice in the bullet so it will mix. This is the creamy stuff so you don't have chunks and liquid :cry: The chunks are your chunky stuff so you get bursts of flavor and textures.

Now mix the 2. Then add the salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Be careful it doesn't go astray here!

This is fun to make and you can add things or subtract. If you think the carrot is crazy, just trust me. And if you think lime juice is bad instead of vinegar just trust me. :)

If you want it hotter kick it up with crushed red pepper or Jalepeno/seeds etc..

Edited by claudius