Something Wonderful Pic Safari - bring 'em back home!

Hi Everyone, it's Safari time again.

We're looking to bring some time over to the Something Wonderful pages of the Wiki. There is genius map functionality there now, which, upon clicking anyone's name link, will whisk you away to where they stand in the world.

Sacred 2 Google API Map

What's missing is ...pix. Lots of glorious pix of the NPC itself with a few words about them. For example, the Something Wonderful page of the wiki is here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...thing_Wonderful

We will be putting more work into it, writeups etc, at least as much content as there is on Christmas Island Quest.

We'd like to first start with this safari, or "mission" to see if we can get the pix in. You can template the page easily by just using any other character page, and write the info in.

Here's an example of the first person on that page, Anca Adelina Finta, and what her own NPC template loox like

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre...a_Adelina_Finta

And if you are not comfy with Wiki code, simply post what you got here on this topic, and we'll bring it into Wiki for you.

1-Pic

2-Few words on where they are

... next!

Oh yeah..and while yer out there...if you see any balls... ^^

There's a fairish number of NPC's, this will be one of the more fun missions :)

Cheers and happy hunting!

:)

gogo

Hi Everyone, it's Safari time again.

We'd like to first start with this safari, or "mission" to see if we can get the pix in. You can template the page easily by just using any other character page, and write the info in.

Here's an example of the first person on that page, Anca Adelina Finta, and what her own NPC template loox like

Oh yeah..and while yer out there...if you see any balls... ^^

There's a fairish number of NPC's, this will be one of the more fun missions :)

Cheers and happy hunting!

gogo

Just one question - Do these pages need to be written with so much redundant duplicitious redundancy...? I think most of us figured out she worked at Ascaron in the first paragraph. There IS more info we can tie into her page - like her grave west of Fortress Reikenstein... Maybe we can find out what these guys actually did there before they went belly up..? According to the game's credits, Anca Adelina Finta was a Community Manager.

Oh.. and there are 89 employees... Plenty of stuff for everyone to do...

Too bad you didn't post this sooner Gogo, I just sent my recently revived Temple Guardian down to the Jungle ahead of schedule to do the quest. I wound up doing all of the ones in Tyr-Lysia and most of Artamark yesterday...

Oh.. BTW.. I got Gronkor's Cave done in the graves section. There's a few names I recognize from DM, but I don't quite know the story behind 'em.. If you get a chance, swing on through the post and see if you can add any more details on the meanings.

Edited by wolfie2kX

If the template can be filled out first, as a guide, then we have basic info covered. If anyone wants to put in more that's a bonus

Pix are primary focus for this safari and basic template info, and small info that can be done easily. We can vet out the work later and see what can be added later as a mark of research.

gogo

p.s. Furian, was hoping you'd like this new mission +++ !

Oh.. BTW.. I got Gronkor's Cave done in the graves section. There's a few names I recognize from DM, but I don't quite know the story behind 'em.. If you get a chance, swing on through the post and see if you can add any more details on the meanings.

Saw it, nice work! I also added a bunch that I knew...a lot of this site's members there. I'll have to research the ascaron employees to get their titles.

gogo

Saw it, nice work! I also added a bunch that I knew...a lot of this site's members there. I'll have to research the ascaron employees to get their titles.

gogo

Yah.. I recognized the name - but like Silearth - I have NO clue as to what significance the Monte Christo has to him.

BTW. I got pics of the guys in western Tyr-Lysia and Thylysium so far.. Need to process (crop) and post 'em. Got everyone except for Anca Adelina Finta - which would have been quite redundant... :)

I'll have the pics done in a few mins..

We're looking to bring some time over to the Something Wonderful pages of the Wiki. There is genius map functionality there now, which, upon clicking anyone's name link, will whisk you away to where they stand in the world.

Hey, now I know this used to work, but ever since Schot stopped hosting the map on maplib and hosted it with whoever you guys are with those links to the map locations only link to the map as a page, not the individual employees.

Just got back... I see the new pages in... nice work! yay, it's coming together! DB and Furian, re the links not going directly to their location... this is why Schot's been working on. The other hosting site had devloped all unique code to make beautiful functions API Map. Brad was able to crack part of the puzzle and actually figger out how to host on our servers...just that alone took a few weeks...now we're at the next stage, where's he's figgering out how to do direct links to the map. When he has that secret for us, we can have as many peeps as possible to repair all the map links in the wiki ( eeeeeeeee... there's a lot :cry) , and once we're returned back to baseline, we'll go even further, and create a whole ton of guides, lists and walk throughs...all coordinate dependant on this map, based upon ours our this community's ideas. Anyone can make more of these then. Schot created the largest Google API game map in the world...one of the earliest ever created with even more goodies on it's way.

:woot:

gogo

p.s. Wolfie, was it easy to get to these places... can you list ways that a player can most quickly get to this person so they can complete the quest quickly. eg.Portals, monoliths.

• 2 weeks later...

Drop dead gorgeous. Again, this is portrait quality, just like the pix for bestiary you did. Great work here! Tomorrow when I'm at work, I can put in some links.

Knuckles for the rest pix, is is possible to use his template I found here?

This way when brad gets the old map links going, we can add them in directly so that peeps can get even faster to where the locations are.

lol you put these links onto wiki so fast...I didn't even see the first one go up, before you got to make this post,

You still got the speed ^^

gogo

Beautiful. I hope your comp isn't chugging too much... I know mine would when I'd try to run it in Elite, eventually it got to be such a hassle for me to have to turn it on off, and sometimes steam would come out :gun2:

And the template loox fantastic. Schot's gonna rev up the speed so we can have the map coords system in place again...

Folks we are almost there!

:bye:

gogo

Excellent work Knuckles :bye:

Indeed... My paltry efforts at capturing the employees... I'm almost embarassed to post 'em.

Edit: Eh.. Maybe they're not all that bad. The Orc region is up and running using the really duplicitous, redundantly redundant template. :gun2:

Edit 2: Btw.. Photobucket seems to have changed their interface overnight. Looks like the wiki entry on how to upload and post pics will need to be updated.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Thx guys :4rofl:

I went and did the Dragon Sea ones, but leaving the Human region for ya Wolfie.

New photobucket layout just made it more tedious to upload...almost like they upgraded for the sake of upgrading.....didn't do me any favors though.

Thx guys :4rofl:

I went and did the Dragon Sea ones, but leaving the Human region for ya Wolfie.

New photobucket layout just made it more tedious to upload...almost like they upgraded for the sake of upgrading.....didn't do me any favors though.

OK.. I'm on it.. Looks like me High Elf will be riding forth tonight...

And I'm with you 100% on the layout.. BLEAH! The old one at least had the decency to remove the check mark when you went back to the folder. If you check a 2nd pic now, you now get code for BOTH.. It's not bad - just a LOT of extra clicks. Unnecessary..

PIx are blooming.

Wolfe you steamed through a huge number of npc pix...lol you and knuckles are gobbling up all the red :lol:

Best page is now probably this page here in Wiki:

NPC's in Sacred 2

That's going to be a powerful page, and will link to every quest and npc quest... any idea on how many there are in the game?

gogo

PIx are blooming.

Wolfe you steamed through a huge number of npc pix...lol you and knuckles are gobbling up all the red :lol:

Best page is now probably this page here in Wiki:

NPC's in Sacred 2

That's going to be a powerful page, and will link to every quest and npc quest... any idea on how many there are in the game?

gogo

Yah.. And as soon as I finish the guys in Artamark, I'll post the last of the employees.. The bloody game locked up on me in the wee hours as I was on my way to whack the Evocator to get the quest completed so I could get the employee hiding in the ghost villiage. So now, I gotta go through it again...