Something Wonderful question

rambo1029

Like everyone said - the quest is SO much more than pushing the button. You have to go to the Ascaron Office and talk to Heiko tom Felde near the front door. He'll tell you to go find the employees and tell 'em to get back so they can get to work. The Office is located east of Teardrop Hamlet, by way of the T-energy pools on the far side of Bluestone lake. The Office is actually located in the swamp area - but you can't get to the offices by any other means than by way of the T-Energy fields.

You can make a list - print out the web page Loco linked you to - it will have a list of the employees on it. The quest, once you've gotten it will be in the 6th chapter of the log book.

but you can't get to the offices by any other means than by way of the T-Energy fields.

Great writeup Petey. And the part about not being able it cept through the lakes...I found kind of a short cut last night...I took the western hissilta porta then walked all the way west through the swamps ( I pinned the location first on the map so I would not get lost :unsure:) and just got to underneath the walkway /bridge that connects to the little area where the entrance to the offfices are and then just tpted upwards

muhahaha

:devil:

gogo

but you can't get to the offices by any other means than by way of the T-Energy fields.

Great writeup Petey. And the part about not being able it cept through the lakes...I found kind of a short cut last night...I took the western hissilta porta then walked all the way west through the swamps ( I pinned the location first on the map so I would not get lost :unsure:) and just got to underneath the walkway /bridge that connects to the little area where the entrance to the offfices are and then just tpted upwards

muhahaha

:devil:

gogo

Well.. That's one way of doing it - provided your character has teleport abilities - like Shadow Step... But if you're not playing the High Elf, you're kinda stuck.. The Temple Guardian might be able to use his jet pack... provided the recharge time is low enough for him to spam the CA enough to get him up there. The rest of us mere mortals with other characters will just have to do the big schlep all the way around from the desert or Teardrop Hamlet...

The rest of us mere mortals with other characters will just have to do the big schlep all the way around from the desert or Teardrop Hamlet...

lol

and its a HUGE schlep my friend ^^

:unsure:

gogo

thanks everyone.I want to do it atleast once.Now will I have to go back to talk to everyone that I've already gone to?

Yup. They don't count towards the goal until AFTER you start the quest. What? You were maybe expecting the Ascaron Devs to make it too easy to get this quest done...? :unsure:

If they wanted to do that, they would have given you the quest without having to visit the Jungle and go through all the other contortions to get it done and you would have gotten the quest right there in Sloeford.

Actually.. In Ice and Blood, I think they may have thrown us a bone... Even if it wasn't quite on purpose. I found a potential cheat of sorts due to a bug introduced somewhere between 2.64.0 and 2.65.2:

Here's the deal. If you open the main map and you turn on "completed quests" in the options AFTER you've taken on the Epic Office Quest, you'll suddenly see a LOT of red (failed) quest circles pop up on your map. Many of them have nothing to do with actual quests that you've failed.

To summarize what Marcuswob posted with regards to the bug, it goes something like this - each of the employees has a quest right at the beginning of the game that skips the quest giving part and goes directly to the "report back" stage - hence the ! mark over the employee's heads. When you start the Epic Office Quest by talking to tom Felde, all of those quests get marked as FAILED.

How this works: There is a variable for each quest called "Silent" and it's set to 0 (meaning false) or 1 (meaning true). Under previous versions, the Silent variable tells the game NOT to display a completed quest on the map if it's set to 1. But a bug got introduced somewhere in Ice and Blood's game code that ignores the Silent variable. So, what you see is a bunch of red rings where all of the employees are located.

Note: There may be other quests that have a "failed" marker, because of the way Sacred 2 makes use of the quest engine. Depending on which way you go on certain quests - accepting or declining - you may wind up finding red rings even though you may have NOT failed the quest overall. So having access to the Sacred 2 Map of Ancaria is still a useful thing as would a hard copy list of employees so you can mark them off as you find and talk to them. The red rings, btw, never go away. They never change to a green ring - not even after you've finished the Epic Office Quest.

At least, you DO get a general idea where the employees are hiding out by turning on the Completed Quest option.

Edited by wolfie2kX
The rest of us mere mortals with other characters will just have to do the big schlep all the way around from the desert or Teardrop Hamlet...

lol

and its a HUGE schlep my friend ^^

:)

gogo

Indeed... Would have been nice if the Devs stuck a monolith somewhere conveniently nearby...

You can stop to whack some t-mutants and a boss on the way though to break up the monotony.

True.. They're almost always good for a few XP.. :P

Edited by wolfie2kX