OGame finally leaks into the workplace

So I'm at my job, just finishing a 12 hour shift. I was talking to this customer and advising her how to call tech support and instead of giving the phone number, I just gave her the coords to my main planet. I was in the midst of transporting all my res back to my main planet.

Me- and you can reach tech @ 2:342:9.

Cx- is that the whole number?

Me- yes.

Cx- are you sure?

Me- oh no, I'm sorry, that was um, that was another number.

Cx-........

Me- That was your ticket number for the notes I just wrote.

Cx- Oh. Do I need that?

Me- no, that won't be necessary, but this is our tech number....

/woot /woot /woot

so.

good job, me.

I hope she doesn't crash me.

rofl!

I guess 12 hours of ogame, errrr. I mean "work" can do that to a person. /lol

Hmmm... Cx eh. I think I saw an account with that name on the oof somewhere. /wink

rofl!

I guess 12 hours of ogame, errrr. I mean "work" can do that to a person.

you see, that's the problem. in my old department I had time to PLAY OGAME ALL DAY, as locutus does!

now I'm forced to do everything while on the phone with people and I'm non-functional at trying to talk on the phone and multitask.

it's a wonder I haven't mistakenly sent my fleet to its doom yet.

Anyway, 12 hours are up, I'm out. /viking

This almost rivals the time I was getting monitored on a sales call and my manager heard Andy (locutus) in the background yell "2000 Fckin BEEZERS (battleships), jesus christ!...." the supervisor started laughing on her end of the phone and then the customer asked me what was going on.

LOL /rofl /rofl

Great Post!!

Proof that our addiction to games comes in the funniest ways!!

I once tried to check my map for intruders when I heard noises late @ night (I had played too much Hitman 2. I found myself tring to tap M on mid-air)

• 2 weeks later...
This almost rivals the time I was getting monitored on a sales call and my manager heard Andy (locutus) in the background yell "2000 Fckin BEEZERS (battleships), jesus christ!...." the supervisor started laughing on her end of the phone and then the customer asked me what was going on.

Your original post made me chuckle.. but that made me laugh hysterically /rofl

Andy also gets yelled at every day by my boss because he comes down to my new department to talk about Ogame. Every. day. They now begin to start yelling at him before he even crosses the department boundry.

I guess we're pretty much huge nerds.

• 2 weeks later...
So I'm at my job, just finishing a 12 hour shift. I was talking to this customer and advising her how to call tech support and instead of giving the phone number, I just gave her the coords to my main planet. I was in the midst of transporting all my res back to my main planet.

Me- and you can reach tech @ 2:342:9.

Cx- is that the whole number?

Me- yes.

Cx- are you sure?

Me- oh no, I'm sorry, that was um, that was another number.

Cx-........

Me- That was your ticket number for the notes I just wrote.

Cx- Oh. Do I need that?

Me- no, that won't be necessary, but this is our tech number....

/woot /woot /woot

so.

good job, me.

I hope she doesn't crash me.

AHAHAHAHAHA OMG! I cant breathe lmfao! brah that is classic..I could imagine you're face if Cx turned around and said.."is that the whole number? it sounds like coordinates to a planet in Ogame :) /rofl "

Ok, this one is kinda sad:

Do you play ogame too much if you dream about it:) Last night I had a dream I was playing it. What kinda lame dream is that...no beautiful women or, flying through the sky, or braving a heroic fight. Sitting on a computer playing ogame.....I can't escape it. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember setting up a moonshot with celebrimor, and of course I didnt get a moon. Even in my dreams I can't get a moon. /rolleyes What the heck?

What a post for post #200...go patrician!

Guest gogoblender

lol...great story locutus...

yer quick becoming one of the darkmatters' bards.

This one was enough to get more than a few good chuckles over the morning roast.

And btw...

Welcome Patrician

:)

gogo

I dont play ogame as much I prolly log in every other day..but I was suprised to log on and see I got attacked and a ..are u sitting down, hold on to sumthin, pop a moon appeared! lol and I wasnt even tryin. :D

and no I dont dream of ogame..but I have set my training to get mercs in my dream ahaha /oooo

I bring my laptop to work now... Hard to explain to your girlfriend why you need to take the laptop away from the household when you have half a dozen at work, and even one in your car connected to cellular internet. (but it won't connect to O-game). So now I bring my laptop which I hide under my personal car seat.

Since I work on the road I find excuses to come back to the office where I quickly dash to my car, connect on nearby wireless unprotected systems and quickly make my moves. I used to play a little bit from the work computer but they blocked the access to it and send me a nice little message saying games weren't allowed at the office. /diablo

That system worked fine when I was gathering material from inactives... now being attack demands much more attention.

Last night I got a call for someone having a heart attack on a nearby street while I was making my defense move against that Citore bia*** and I actually considered finishing my moves before heading there... duh! Took me 1/2 a second to realize I was stupid and shot the whole thing down leaving myself defenseless. Worst thing is the guy ended up only having stomach burns, not a heart attack. Yes, that is addiction... /blink

• 1 month later...
Ok, this one is kinda sad:

Do you play ogame too much if you dream about it:) Last night I had a dream I was playing it. What kinda lame dream is that...no beautiful women or, flying through the sky, or braving a heroic fight. Sitting on a computer playing ogame.....I can't escape it. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember setting up a moonshot with celebrimor, and of course I didnt get a moon. Even in my dreams I can't get a moon. /rolleyes What the heck?

What a post for post #200...go patrician!

LoL I had a dream like that too!

OGame has finally leaked into the work place for me as well. Even if it was only to pick up an unexpected DF round one of my planets with only 5 recyclers. It only took 3 hours! Luckily all my bosses were either on holiday or late today.

/lmao

Yeah game addiction can be strange, once when I played Dungeon Kepper 1 a lot I swore I could hear the chikcens even when I wasn't on the game, and another time when I tired to rememebr things Warcraft III kept slipping into my mind

/oooo

~Doom