"Heavy Metal" two-handed sword (Blind guardian)

desm

Blind Guardian quest reward  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do we change the "Heavy Metal" sword into a two-handed axe ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Preferably, change the other two-handed sword we get into a two-handed axe
    • Change nothing about the Blind Guardian quest reward

Hi,

I find that getting two two-handed swords as rewards for the Blind Guardian quest is somewhere bugged.

I think the "Heavy Metal" two-handed sword "should" be a two-handed axe.

What do you think of that ?

Or you prefer to change into a two-handed axe the other two-handed sword we get ? (forgot the name)

IMO, Heavy Metal would better fit as an axe.

If the answer is Yes or Yes for the other sword, the changes will be made in a future version of the CM Patch.

Thanks for participating!

Edited by desm

Indeed, Heavy Metal should definetely be classified as an 2-handed hafted/axe.

The other 'sword' is called Blind Guardian and should also be changed to a 2-handed hafted IMO.

hmm, for the other sword I would agree too, she should have been a two-handed axe or something I think, but we must let a two-handed sword for those who like that.

Get up and vote please! :drunkards:

It was definitely a surprise when I got the weapons for the first time, and there was no axe; because guitars (esp in rock/metal music) are commonly referred to as "axes". :)

But one (forget which, assume its the HM one) definitely 'looks' like an axe as well. Uhm, the woodsplitting kind not the strumming kind.

It was definitely a surprise when I got the weapons for the first time, and there was no axe; because guitars (esp in rock/metal music) are commonly referred to as "axes". :)

But one (forget which, assume its the HM one) definitely 'looks' like an axe as well. Uhm, the woodsplitting kind not the strumming kind.

Seems to me one of the band members also said something to the effect of "The pen is mightier than sword - so I'm glad I carry an Axe"

For clarification:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Heavy_Metal

and

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Blind_Guardian

I would recommend that (if any) only Heavy_Metal to be made into an axe. (Keep in Mind that only few toons can actually wield 2H Axes...)

Edited by czevak

Only the Shadow Warrior can wield 2-handed axes/hammers.

Didn't think of that when I first posted, mayhaps it's better to leave 'em as they are then, so everyone can use them.

hmm yes, I see what you mean Spunky.

I think I don't know the game well enough, I would have think that at least the Seraphim could handle a two-handed axe too.

If there is only the Shadow warrior, the interest is limited indeed. :(

and there are 2 votes to change nothing, we can't ignore them :)

let's wait a little more to see if there are some other opinions but for now it may be better to not change it indeed so that everyone can use them.

Well if you were able to change the "Heavy Metal" into a 2 handed Axe, could you also make it available for the Seraphim to use? If that were the case then Yes I would vote to change it. If not and only the SW would benefit, the leave it be as is.

How deeply embedded in the code is the restriction on useage of 2H hammers? If there was a flag or indication within the weapon coding, it should easy to make it useable by all classes (except TG). If the gamecode itself has a global restriction, maybe not so easy, and not worth the change... I agree it would not be a nice change it if only the SW can use it.

The main reason I think that the restriction is somehow within the weapon code itself - the class quest reward for the Seraphim (1H sword) is restricted to the seraphim only, whereas the Dryad and Inqusitor weapons do not have that restriction. On the console, anyway. Sorry I cannot recall if the Merciless Avenger is restricted... obviously the Tyranny (SW) and Plasma Core (TG) are class-specific. No clue for Dragon Mage ;)

Hrm.. time for another of my :crazy: ideas: Probably the devs originally made HM an axe to start (one each of sword, axe, polearm and dagger/1H) but this same discussion arose and the decision to make it a sword was reached so that everyone can use any of the weapons, instead of HM being useless to the non-SW classes.

Edited by essjayehm

OK.. Just to clarify one thing - WHY is this even an issue? Is there a legit reason to change it into an axe? Other than being politically correct in so far as guitars are frequently referred to as an "axe". How exactly is it bugged? I've never noticed any problems with either one.

I'm sure the devs at Ascaron had a method to their madness in making them swords. The obvious one is only one character can have access to them if they were 2H axes.

Edited by wolfie2kX

it was just an idea I had but thinking everyone could use the Heavy metal even if it was an axe.

but apparently it would only benefit to the Shadow warrior and changing certain classes so that they can wield a double-axe is maybe too much for not very much.

At first I was like Essjayehm: I didn't understand why there was no double-axe or double-hammer in the reward of the Blind guardian quest.

And Heavy metal looks like an axe so I thought the devs wanted to make it an axe in fact but now I understand better why it's classified as a sword.

Or maybe we could add a new item as reward which would be a double-axe or a double-hammer but it may be too much work to make it.

So ok, for now we change nothing.

see you

It does seem to be strange that the game specifically tells us that one of the guitars is an axe and then doesn't deliver though.

Also, I have always disliked the fact that only the Shadow Warrior uses 2H hafted weapons. Why can't the other characters use them? It is a sad and and a major glitch as there is no reason that they should not. Just like in Sacred Underworld, why was the dwarf the only one denied the dual wield ability? It was able to use a 2H firearm with a shield, but not allowed to carry 2 pistols, where is the logic? By the same logic, why can't a Seraphim use 2H axes? She should in theory be even stronger and more capable than the Shadow Warrior!

Edited by podgie_bear

It does seem to be strange that the game specifically tells us that one of the guitars is an axe and then doesn't deliver though.

Also, I have always disliked the fact that only the Shadow Warrior uses 2H hafted weapons. Why can't the other characters use them? It is a sad and and a major glitch as there is no reason that they should not. Just like in Sacred Underworld, why was the dwarf the only one denied the dual wield ability? It was able to use a 2H firearm with a shield, but not allowed to carry 2 pistols, where is the logic? By the same logic, why can't a Seraphim use 2H axes? She should in theory be even stronger and more capable than the Shadow Warrior!

At least, the devs were consistant.. Tried equipping a DW Seraphim with a couple of energy shot pistols - no dice. The 2nd one merely replaced the 1st in the slot. Go figure...

By the same logic, why can't a Seraphim use 2H axes? She should in theory be even stronger and more capable than the Shadow Warrior!

I pondered about that too. I tried to make them available to at least the Seraphim, but had no luck so far. There are no animations for her to start with, and even when creating some, she refused to wield it, even modded to have hafted lore etc. I think the restriction is in the source code of Sacred 2 and that is unavailable to us.

I can understand where your coming from, and at first I thought you had a great idea, but....:)

If all the classes had the exact same skills and abilities, what would be the fun in playing more than one class? As for the SW being the sole user of 2-H axes? I think we could have given it to perhaps the Dragon Mage and Inquisitor for example but I recall in older RPG style games the battle Warrior class in Balder's Gate II , they made it so the big melee class could duel wield 2-h weapons. So I guess the 2-H hafted is Sacred2's Warrior bonus.

I love the idea of each class actually being completely different, different skills, attributes, mod bonuses on gear. create synergy between the classes that make them mediocre as stand alone characters, but ultra powerful when played as a team in multiplayer. with perhaps 1 or 2 classes that could be jack of all trades.

We can consider the poll finished.

No changes will be made for the Blind guardian quest reward.

Thanks to those who participated and gave some pertinent advises. :drunkards:

Edited by desm