Silken River

The description on the page is wrong. However, the map does not show names for several of the rivers/streams/brooks which makes this a little confusing.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Silken_River

I think describing it as running down the western side of Tyr Lysia might be the most accurate. What does everyone else think?

Confusing indeed! I had a hard time naming those rivers and deciding their boundaries. I never did check the full length of the Silken River but after strolling along the river all the way up to the Kobold Camp I can say with certainty that it does in fact "begins it's journey deep with the Kobold Camp". You can tell by crossing the bridge nearby the entrance to the Kobold Camp. The words Silken River will appear on screen when you do. Someone did some careful research when they worked on that page. :thumbsup:

That wasn't the part that I had problems with. I'm pretty sure that the Silken River does not flow into Torreya Brook and that Torreya Brook also doesn't flow into the Silken River.

Torreya Brook flows into the Jade Sea on the east side of that "delta" for lack of a better word.

The Silken River flows into the Jade Sea on the west side of that "delta".

I think when I get to Sloeford I'm gonna have to walk all over those areas and see if I see any other names pop up.

I'm running each class through Golden Coast, Copper Peaks and Silken River to try to make sure that no character side quests have been missed.

Ah! My mistake Ysne. Yes, I agree with you. Something like; "Originating from a mountain spring it heads southward past the Celestial Dome, Monastery of Light and Shadowy Catacombs until it eventually flows out into the Jade Sea." It's a bit late for me here and I'm sure that phrase could use some work but something like that.

Ah! My mistake Ysne. Yes, I agree with you. Something like; "Originating from a mountain spring it heads southward past the Celestial Dome, Monastery of Light and Shadowy Catacombs until it eventually flows out into the Jade Sea." It's a bit late for me here and I'm sure that phrase could use some work but something like that.

I like how that is worded. It flows (pun intended) pretty well.

Should the Jade Sea have it's own page? It shows up in red when I try to add it as a link.

An excellent thread! It's just taken me back to my grade 8 Canadian geography course, where we had to learn arcane words like delta, morraine, and finally the almighty esker...the word that won me a scrabble championship because of where I was able to place an S at the end of a word and have the new word land it's K directly on top of a Triple Word Score

joyous! :bounce:

Geographic descriptions like the two of you have been chatting about add marvelous depth to the telling of this land's history.

:)

gogo

When I cross the bridge between Brigand Camp 1 and Sloeford I get the message that it is Torreya Brook. For lack of a better name I am going to call this area the Sloeford Delta.

When the Silken river reaches the Sloeford Delta, it divides, part going around the western edge of the Delta and into the Jade Sea. The same thing happens with Torreya Brook. The part of the Silken River that goes east flows into the Torreya brook which then flows through the Delta and into the Jade Sea. Then Torreya Brook also goes east of the Delta and into the Jade Sea on the east side of the Delta.

Not to be a stickler on definitions but calling that a delta is misleading..that refers to the low area at the mouth of a river, sand bars, shallows built up from sediment the river carries downstream. . And while neither actually flow into each other, they do meet in the middle, west of Sloeford.

TBH I didn't give the descriptions of the river a whole lot of thought simply because other than crossing bridges to get over them, they really don't play any part in gaming. I would keep it short and simple myself though it is only my opinion. With the Jade Sea (and Dragon Sea), maybe a page like we do for the NPC's just so the link isn't red with a pic or two and a summary.

A delta is a region that a river drains into and can be quite large. The Nile River delta and the Mississippi delta are two examples. The city of New Orleans is in the delta area of the Mississippi River for example. I do not think we need a page for this area. The description is more accurate than it was.