Gameplay Collect Settings

I have a few questions regarding the Collect settings on the Gameplay menu.

1. What items are included in "Collect" and what items in "Collect Misc. Items"?

2. What is the difference between Normal and Everything?

3. Is there any known pattern to when or why those settings are ignored?

TIA

I messed around with the settings today and it appears that "collect" controls what weapons/armor for your class you pick up and "collect. misc. items" controls what weapons/armor for other classes you pick up

not sure what the difference between normal and everything is

Edited by vaskov17

Vaskov hit the nail on the head with #1. Maybe a better way to think about it is Misc. Items (weapons, esp) is anything "unuseable" by your class (ie shields for Inquisitor or TG, energy guns for Dryad, etc).

#2, I have not used Normal pickups, but my theory is that you will not get Magic or Rare items, (only Junk) if you have Normal chosen. This could be good for couch co-op when one toon needs the better items than the other. Otherwise, I would call that choice "useless".

#3, No matter what your settings, you will pickup all rings, damage converters, runes, "items" (Item, Scroll, Parchment, etc) potions and trophies.

I always seem to wind up with an inventory full of 0 star armor. I cannot recall if it was for another class out not. If it was, that could have been caused by my misc setting.

PS3:

I have my setting to collect 3 star items. All class items are collected, all rings and amulets, all runes and all gold. There might be some pretty decent 2 star items I'm missing out on, but I just can't stand having to clean up my inventory all the time. Especially when I'm over burdened and I have to clean up in a flash when there's a rare item on the ground waiting to be timed out.

:bomb::oooo::bomb::bob::bomb::explode::cry:

EDIT: sorry this post is not related to the original and might be off topic a little. It's in response to the above... I just messed up the whole quote thing a bit... :blink:

Edited by Scleameth
  • 4 weeks later...

The Normal and Everything settings are not the same. I had mine set to Normal on a new HE, but it would not pick up a shield I wanted. I changed it to everything and it picked it up.

Since I only play with my GF I dont mess with the settings, for 2 reasons really. The first being some relics are no star items but still sell for insane amounts of cash money and second I am a money hungry HE shopaholic and taking 2 minutes to scap some stuff really doesnt bother me, you actually get really good at looking through stuff fast.

We are both level 69 with each over 49 mil not to mention the countless things I have bought just to socket, try out, made at least 20+ lowbies etc. I would say over my time we have made well over 200 mil easily.

So really IMHO everything/everything is worth it.

Cheers!