Abandoned Mine

There are two quests that take place here: The Wedding Ring and Haunted Mine.

This location does not have a spot on the places page. I'm not sure it needs full places treatment, but I think it does need it's own page. It is located just west of Bluestonbury.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:The_Wedding_Ring

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Haunted_Mine

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Bluestonbury

What I am thinking of doing is adding a note about it on the Bluestonbury page so that it links up to that place and then just putting the info about the two quests on the page.

Is this what should happen?

Does the place name appear on screen when approaching or entering it? This is the rule of thumb when creating Place pages. If we create a page for the Haunted Mine it will set a precedence that would mean anything could have a place name. Every cave, every structure, every tree, lol. I do see the value in what you're proposing but there's an up side and a down side to it.

The Dryad Forest temples don't have a place page for example. Nor the cultist worshiping locations in Grunwald and many small villages and so on.

There are two quests that take place here: The Wedding Ring and Haunted Mine.

This location does not have a spot on the places page. I'm not sure it needs full places treatment, but I think it does need it's own page. It is located just west of Bluestonbury.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:The_Wedding_Ring

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Haunted_Mine

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Bluestonbury

What I am thinking of doing is adding a note about it on the Bluestonbury page so that it links up to that place and then just putting the info about the two quests on the page.

Is this what should happen?

Actually... There are three quests that take place in the same cave/mine system.

1.) On the west end of the cave system, near where you meet up with General Terus, there's a quest just outside where the lady questgiver asks you to go in and get rid of the spooks that are disrupting everything. There are 4 mine workers on that end waiting to go back inside. See Mine Blockade.

Nothing appears overhead when you approach the west end. Given there are 4 miners waiting to go in, it's hardly abandoned. Not quite sure about the east end. The East end of the mine indeed says "abandoned" - however incorrectly.

2.) As you make your way all the way to the east end, there's a guy just inside the entrance who wants you to go kill off 6 elf spooks. He's got a 2nd quest for you when you're done - you have to go kill the pirate who ordered his friends to be killed. You go outside, and there's the "pirate" who claims he's an actor who got forced into being the pirate - and he sends you down the hill to the beach front condo to whack the real boss pirate. See Haunted Mine and Meeting Geonmahr

3.) The 3rd quest is the Wedding Ring quest where you have to go fetch her late husband's ring.

Edited by wolfie2kX
  • Like! 1

Hey Wolfie! Thanks

I haven't found the west end entrance to the mine yet. I just got done with checking and proofing The Wedding Ring yesterday.

Gogo and Schot -- I'm not sure this one deserves full places treatment even if it does have it's own name. I think it needs its own page at the least. I think you guys need to make the call on whether it should be listed on the places page though.

I know there was a decision not to list named portals a places when we discussed the Western Tyr Lysia portal awhile back.

Hey Wolfie! Thanks

I haven't found the west end entrance to the mine yet. I just got done with checking and proofing The Wedding Ring yesterday.

Gogo and Schot -- I'm not sure this one deserves full places treatment even if it does have it's own name. I think it needs its own page at the least. I think you guys need to make the call on whether it should be listed on the places page though.

I know there was a decision not to list named portals a places when we discussed the Western Tyr Lysia portal awhile back.

Well... There's several ways to get to it. It's slightly south and east of the place where Terus shows up. If you go north from where Lars Hammer's outpost through that village where the shadow guys have to poison a well, and follow the road north until it curves around.... Or you can just go through the west exit of the cave. It's toward the south, near where the 6th and final elf ghost is hanging out.

At any rate, here's a map. It's the cave entrance with the red circle around it:

post-14586-0-54712200-1297865974_thumb.jpg

Note the dashed lines indicating it's connected to the east entrance.

+1

That's a fantastic response Wolfie! You helped out Cathy, AND you taught me some goody info. lol you're like walking canon for this game.

Good job

:)

gogo

It's probably because it's Tyr Lysia and I've played the area FAR too many times... I wish I was just as well versed on the tail end of the game.

+1

That's a fantastic response Wolfie! You helped out Cathy, AND you taught me some goody info. lol you're like walking canon for this game.

Good job

gogo

It's probably because it's Tyr Lysia and I've played the area FAR too many times... I wish I was just as well versed on the tail end of the game.

I'm working on getting more familiar with all the areas. It's one of the reasons I'm going through all the quests on the wiki. It gives me a way to stay focused on it.

Actually, regarding portals, this is a page that will have to be made one day. We'll need a page that defines in good terms what a game portal is, how it works, then a listing to all the portals.

Should that list refer to specific portal pages though or towns with portals in it?

Hmmmm

gogo

Not all portals are inside towns. Western Tyr Lysia was the first example that I came accross. A couple in the swamps are also not inside towns, but do have their own names.

If it comes with it's own POI (point of interest) indicator then I'd say it should be in the Places wiki. I can snap some shots of it this weekend and get a page going.

If I do, would you be willing to fill in the description, quests and enemy sections Ysne?

I can do that Knuckles. I've only checked out one of the quests there so far. I will wait on the other three until after you have those pics and stuff in. It will all be fresher in my mind then.

Wolfie, could you please tell me, who the template is written for. I understand that the short writeup for the quests is a nice idea, but NPC name: NPC role Quest name is a standart for the place pages. That's how all of them look. That doesn't mean that there can't be any additional text, though I remember that we discussed it some time ago and it was decided not to change the template for this section in any way, even not to sort NPCs by their role. I'm not telling you that writing some info is bad, but don't forget to link to the NPC next time, OK?

But the writeup itself is really good. You know a lot about Tyr Lysia, that's for sure.

EDIT

By the way, I checked the quest pages themselves, and I'm sure that your writeup that is on the place page now would improve the quest pages a lot. It's much more interesting to read than what is on these pages now.

/EDIT

Edited by Silver_fox

Great work on the page guys! The page came out perfectly. Your ambition with the quest descriptions resulted in some nice info Wolfie but better suited for the quest pages themselves I think. Clearview is a nice example of how the Quest & NPC's section should be written. :)

Wolfie, could you please tell me, who the template is written for. I understand that the short writeup for the quests is a nice idea, but NPC name: NPC role Quest name is a standart for the place pages. That's how all of them look. That doesn't mean that there can't be any additional text, though I remember that we discussed it some time ago and it was decided not to change the template for this section in any way, even not to sort NPCs by their role. I'm not telling you that writing some info is bad, but don't forget to link to the NPC next time, OK?

But the writeup itself is really good. You know a lot about Tyr Lysia, that's for sure.

EDIT

By the way, I checked the quest pages themselves, and I'm sure that your writeup that is on the place page now would improve the quest pages a lot. It's much more interesting to read than what is on these pages now.

/EDIT

I have NO idea who put the template together - Knuckles posted the original page - the pics were there. I don't know more about the template itself. But whatever.. I can fix the text.

Done.

Edited by wolfie2kX

As far as I know, Knuckles never deletes the parts of the template that he doesn't edit from the page... Nevermind. I just wanted to ask you if it you mind the writeups that were on the place page being used on the quest pages. They would make a nice introduction to the quest, and since they were written and stored in the wiki history, it's possible to use them on another page. It's just sad if these texts would be used nowhere while they may become a good adition to the quest page.

Yeah I usually leave any part of the template alone unless I'm actually filling it in. But that was a somewhat modified template that I have saved on my pc. You won't find that anywhere in the template areas. So it may have been a little misleading. If it was, sorry about that

But the page write-up looks great....nice work :)

I'm going through those quests now. If Wolfie wants to add to those quests go ahead. I'm checking them for accuracy and links. I certainly have no problem with someone else filling in the info for the page. Wolfie is up on those.

Edit: I made a couple of changes and added a note.

Edited by Ysne58

I'm going through those quests now. If Wolfie wants to add to those quests go ahead. I'm checking them for accuracy and links. I certainly have no problem with someone else filling in the info for the page. Wolfie is up on those.

Edit: I made a couple of changes and added a note.

I take it you're not a fan of Monty Python...

The "ghosts, ghosts, earth elementals, and ghosts" bit was meant to be a at least somewhat amusing parody of the bit above... But... If you think it's a bit over the top...

I'll add it back in, sorry, though it was a mistake.

S'ok.. Not a problem... The idea was to convey that there were a LOT of ghosts about...

Edited by wolfie2kX

I'll add it back in, sorry, though it was a mistake.

S'ok.. Not a problem... The idea was to convey that there were a LOT of ghosts about...

I really like the undo feature for changing stuff back. I'm glad you aren't mad at me though.