Great Game, Few questions

I just got this game for Xbox and had some issues starting out. Then I decided to look up stuff on the internet and viola, this forum came to me and answered a lot of my questions. Have a few more though and would like some feedback. I did try and search for these answers but just couldn’t find them.

Does Attack Value increase damage? What exactly do I do to increase my CTH (Chance to hit) as sometimes its 50-75% and I would like it maxed.

Is it better to have hard Attack value rings or percentage, and does that depend on how high level you are? Same with Hard damage rings I.e. +X/+X or +X%?

I don’t seem to find any builds, at least with dryad my preferred class, that have speed lore or damage lore. Now I understand damage lore as we kill things way to fast for the dots to do anything, although might work against bosses. But would speed lore, as what wiki states its not a flat number but a percentage increase after all skills and equipment, mean the Chance to hit increases?

I’m looking to do a Dryad with no CA’s, upon finding Unipuma's Dryad Guide I decided I wanted to change it around. Bear in mind I wanted to challenge myself, maybe a little unnecessarily, so that I complete the game with no deaths, no bargaining, no EP, and no help from any other players. This does mean I have to go kinda a Hardcore mentality that PC players have and more then likely have Constitution or else the 1shot kill will most likely happen. Please take a look and tell me what you think?

Level Gained Name Pts taken per level / total

1st 2 Tactics Lore 1 / 100+ ( This will give mod pts for Sinister Pred )

2nd 3 Concentration 1 / 1 ( just use for Ancient Bark and Sinister Pred )

3rd 5 Nature Weaver Focus 1 / 9 ( just to mod Ancient Bark )

4th 8 Combat Reflex’s 1 / 5 ( unlock armor lore / constitution )

5th 12 Constitution 1 / 75 1 every level

6th 18 Ranged Weapons 1 /

7th 25 Speed Lore 1 /

8th 35 Armor Lore 1 /

9th 50 Spell Resist 1 /

10th 65 Damage Lore :) 1 /

All points to go into Dex as the first 12 levels go by pretty fast so shouldn’t die due to lack of Constitution. Still trying to work out total points for any and all skills past level 18 though so any tips, or flames, go for it.

Also I do plan on using blowgun as I hate the sound of the bow in the game, I know sounds petty, plus it just works better IMHO.

Edited by Torqqed

Well, damage lore doesn't work properly on consoles, from memory the mastery bonuses do not work, the best part of the skill meaning it's pretty useless. Spell resistance is mostly unnecessary on console, it was really only with the addition of ice and blood that it's become a preferred defensive pick. Speed lore is pretty much never suggested as the bonus it provides is rather pathetic, easily beaten by socketing stuff.

As to skill points, you will probably want to master everything, you have enough skill points that with diminishing returns really kicking in not to far past mastery that you're better off putting them into your unlevelled skills.

Best things to socket to up your chain to hit aren't actually with of those attack bonuses. Instead look for -x% chance for opponents to evade and +x% chance that opponents cannot evade, a bit of both is the best way to work it. Simply socketing either bonus to attack will see diminishing returns in how big a bonus to your chance to hit gets. The two mods I suggested allow you to get far over 100% cth.

Damage...a mix of both, blacksmith arts are the best way to get the highest damage +x% but for damage x-x you will have to find rings. Hard damage is probably the one you want more of though.

Hopefully I got everything, if not just say so.

P.S. Attack does not increase damage.

Edited by Dragon Brother
  • Like! 1

Aloha and welcome to the Forum, Looks like Dragon Brother answered all your question, I like your challenge you're giving yourself. Keep us posted how it goes!

I love the builds that think outside the box. :viking:

Hi Torqqed!

With the dryad I was finding that CA levels coming natively from equipment was, at lower levels, combined with smith runes damage booster ... good till about gold to platinumish. At around that level, because the Combat Arts were getting to be so high, the multiplier had to start being offset by hard damage rings to balance out and keep increasing damage.

In fact, with this game...it's a complete balancing act all the way along the increases. If you're looking to be specced as best as possible, you'll find yourself constantly checking different combinations and variations of socketed goodies just to see if you can squeeze those extra few points out to make a difference.

It's great having you here on the boards, I think all of us who post and play here love hearing it when fans find us from just asking questions on the net and ending up here at home with us.

Thank you, and welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

Thanks for the replys. Have decided to revise my skill picks up to level 35, dont really know what to pick after that. Here's the revised list.

1st 2 Tactics Lore 1 / 100+ ( This will give mod pts for Sinister Pred )

2nd 3 Concentration 1 / 1 ( just use for Ancient Bark and Sinister Pred )

3rd 5 Nature Weaver Focus 1 / 9 ( just to mod Ancient Bark )

4th 8 Combat Reflex’s 1 / 5 ( unlock armor lore / constitution )

5th 12 Ranged Weapons 1 / 1 every level

6th 18 Armor Lore 1 / at 5 levels above whatever level im at.

7th 25 Constitution 1 / 75 1 every level

8th 35 ?

9th 50 ?

10th 65 ?

Got 2 rings with -x% chance for opponents to evade which helped a ton. Thanks dragonbrother for the tip.

Also got 2 hard damage and sloted those along with +% damage rings. Got another question though, how is the %damage calculated? before or after all other bonuses?

Also update on Defeated Garcolossus at level 17 and it was a little bit of a pain. Got to the octopus boss at level 20, that was a potion hog as his regen was almost more then then the damage I put out. Literally took me at least 15mins, I should have ran and came back with better gear but im stubborn. At level 22 now going to the dragon caverns on seraphim island.

P.S. Deathblow seems to be what some people say is "good, better or best" at what level can I expect to see this bonus on items/ring/amulets?

Edited by Torqqed

I would recommend Enhanced Perception and bargining if you dont have a shopper.

Nature Weaver Lore will improve the hit point regeneration effect provided by Ancient Bark.

Cabalistic Voodoo Focus will let you mod your pet, I think those are worth getting for dryad.

If you want more defence you could go with Combat Reflexes, Toughness or speed lore.

Took nature weaver lore at 35 for the bonus health regeneration suggested by BadDayDriver. Didnt help too much got killed by the miasma, the last out of the 3. Mainly because I wasnt paying eough attention to the screen I think, damn dog,...

Decided to see how he would play out against the nameless guardians...bah...yeah he didnt work out very well.

3 things I ran into problems

1. Major lack of good gear, didnt find ANY I repeat ANY set pieces the whole game. (finished it at level 42)Mob drops were pathetic, I only had 1.2 mill at end game and shops never had anything beyond a 1 star item.

2. While damage output was great against bosses it was harsh I believe mainly because I just didnt have enough socketed items to boost any stats.

3. tough challenge but overall it was kinda fun. I wasnt invincible and had to run on more then 1 occasion but still fun.