Bargaining Attribute - What does it do?

I came across something rather odd last night. I went to a merchant and oddly enough he had - not one, but TWO Unique items for sale. I did go there and I did dump a bunch of stuff on him, inculding one set item I just upgraded with one of a higher level.

So there I am at the Southern Outpost in the Crystal Plane and I was talking to the Kobold merchant when my eye caught a rather interesting shield. I ran the mouse over it - and it turned out to be a Shield of Mirrors - the Blind Guardian cymbal/shield. Huh? I got rid of most of my Blind Guardian stuff almost immediately - I had no room in my chest for those items - and my Temple Guardian can't make use of any of it except for the drumstick.

So I ran the mouse over the other stuff he had for sale. And I found a Dragon's Nemesis - a Unique bow. Double HUH? I know I didn't sell either of those items to the Kobold. Last I checked, high level items like Set items, Uniques and Legendaries weren't supposed to show up in merchant's offerings - unless you sold it to them first.

After thinking about it a bit, I was wondering if this is the effect of that "Chance for Special Offer" value that comes with the Bargaining skill.

post-14586-0-51674300-1301367056_thumb.jpg

The wiki is quite silent about this particular feature. Anyone got any info on it?

If you're getting bargaining being offered by merchants it's cuz of an early version of game. When Sacred 2 first came out uniques, and sets could be bought in the merchants...just like in release of original Sacred.

They soon fixed this and patched to a later version, so ended the days of being able to buy neat items like that.

What version of game are you running Wolfie?

:)

gogo

I have never really done much with Bargaining, but this wiki page says that merchants cannot offer uniques:

http://www.sacredwik...d/Bargaining%2C

Yes.. I am aware of that. It was patched out of the game very early on.

If you're getting bargaining being offered by merchants it's cuz of an early version of game. When Sacred 2 first came out uniques, and sets could be bought in the merchants...just like in release of original Sacred.

They soon fixed this and patched to a later version, so ended the days of being able to buy neat items like that.

What version of game are you running Wolfie?

:)

gogo

I'm on Ice and Blood. Crystal Plane... Southern Outpost... But for the record, I'm on 2.65.2 - the latest patch from Ascaron/DS. I also have the latest CM Patch installed - though the CM Patch guys seem to be a bit befuddled by this as well.

Chance for Special Offer - what does it do? How does it work?

I don't think that anyone knows specifically how bargaining works, however bargaining doesnt allow you to buy anything above a certain tier of items, meaning no uniques/sets/legendaries. That is unless you've edited a certain line in balance.txt. All else I can think of is that the cm patch has effected some item tiers...

I don't think that anyone knows specifically how bargaining works, however bargaining doesnt allow you to buy anything above a certain tier of items, meaning no uniques/sets/legendaries. That is unless you've edited a certain line in balance.txt. All else I can think of is that the cm patch has effected some item tiers...

And yet, there were two items in the merchant's inventory - and the thing is - it wasn't the first time I came across something like that either. But hey, the proof is in the puddin'... Here's two pics of the merchant's inventory with the stuff he had for sale:

post-14586-0-31774400-1301391606_thumb.jpg

post-14586-0-25718200-1301391636_thumb.jpg

I haven't done anything to tweak Balance.txt.

Is this only since the most recent cm patch?

No.. I've seen this one other time - with the previous version of the patch. That time, it was a unique ammy - which at the time, I filed away as being weird... But this time, I figured I might as well check into it and took snap shots and such. It's not like it's a regular thing.

One more proof that Sacred has a level of "autonomy" in it. How else it would give us some strange stuff every now and then. :P

Truth to be told, I'm as befuddled as everyone. Guess I'll make some runs with my bargainer to see, if there's anything strange going on.

I can't say as I have ever seen this either. Never in closed net. and as far as CM I wouldn't be suprised if there is a bucket list that accidentally got tweaked. although I imagine the CM crew will get that sorted out.

as for special offer. as far as I have seen it was never implemented. I believe I read that from Llama or Dobster.

As I mentioned on the SIF, I don't know what "Special Offer" does, or as Loco says whether it's yet another thing that wasn't implemented. I don't remember asking about shopping, just item drops in general & comparisons to S1 (though shopping uses similar code to item drops).

So what does this mean... that if we get bargaining super high and have the patch... we can now actually buy uniques and sets in the shops?

:unsure:

gogo

Eh...maybe...if so I'd be fairly sure it's unintentional.