How about a listing of optionscustom.txt options?

I followed Schot's camera customization guide that uses optionscustom.txt to modify the settings. His settings were light years ahead of the defaults, but still not exactly what I am looking for. As I was searching through the forums, looking for the right settings, I asked myself, "What other things can I do with optionscustom.txt?". So off to the wiki I went, but unfortunately the wiki does not have an optionscustom.txt page.

What does everyone think, does this deserve a wiki page?

• Like! 1

There is a thread about it in the modding section of DM, and probably it'd be good to have a page about them in the modding section of the wiki. The only trouble is - we need somebody who really knows about these setting to write it up.

The list of these settings can be found in options.txt, but I'm not able to tell you which range each of the parameters has. All the times I set some options (mostly the map settings, because for some reason they are reset to default when I quit the game, so the only thing I could do is override this default) I found the values I needed only by trial-and-error.

• Like! 1

This is a good idea. That guy who was putting a lot of work in to modding for Sacred 2 a while back put together that modding page, but as everyone here on this topic is saying, maybe it's time to expand on the page. We'll see if Schot can bring over his settings guide to that page, and maybe he'll have some time to add other options. txt to the page, and off hand I think Schot did a pretty comprehensive list, anyone seen that? Info from that could be brought over to the Wiki page too.

:)

gogo

p.s. EDIT Posted on Schot's guide regarding this suggestion:

http://darkmatters.o...8

I saw Timo's thread too. It came up after Schot's did, and has a lot of his info in it, but he's got some other stuff too, so we can bring all this into Wiki as well

:)

gogo

My last tries in optionsustom was when I had my eye surgery: so I did big bubble-heads for characters and enemies, I added no gras where small rats and fen fire could be ovelooked, no trees, ... This modding resulted also in a speed gain because I have a very outdated computer.

So my question would be, should we do pictures to show the effects: unmodified/modified?

You can also remove the display of all characters so you can do nice landscape-photos.

If there would be interest I could write up something like optionscustom for handicapped people, some options modding and characters who use auto-targetted allow a lot of people to play sacred2 who never thought they could. Writing will take 3-4 weeks since currently both game notebooks are out of house (one daughter in hospital, the other is doing a 'learning at job' practica for her school in another state.

I personally would love it if someone could tell me how to customise the camera to first-person. Schot's listing made the game look so much better in my view, but it would have been even better in a first person perspective. Especially since I was playing mainly as a Blowpipe Dryad and it got a bit difficult to aim when you can't see around your own character very well. It would be brilliant if I could set the view to a Morrowind/Oblivion style of play, that would make Sacred play like a completely different game, a First-Person-Shooter!

I do a bit hard with screen shots on my ancient beast, this is how the big-head mode would look. Dead skelelons, dragon mage and the rats in left background: all have bigger heads.

big_0027.jpg

The difference between options.txt and optionsCustom.txt is mainly that options.txt reads like

options ={

bigHeadMode=1

}

In optionsCustom.txt you have to type the parameter in front of {-brakets then a dot and then the parametres insidse the brakets:

options.bigHeadMode=1

This way optionsCustom.txt will 'overwrite' settings in options.txt without changing options.txt.

The above picture was done with just options.bigHeadMode=1 in it.

When I had my eye surgery I was also removing gras, trees, gore with similiar settings. Also I don't want the videos at the start of the game, Also I turn the battle-music off normally.

Edited by chattius

I think I promised to do a list of useful options for handicapped people. But while doing it I thought why not make a whole page and just marking the options useful for handicapped people. I am not playing the english version and knowing where files are placed there. Also I do a bit hard with english if I am languages swapping every 5 minutes. So perhaps someone can use this as a skeleton to add an optionsCustom.txt page to wiki:

optionsCustom.txt

This file is none of the standard Sacred2-files. You have to create it using for example a text-editor in following folders:

list of english folder names for diffrent windows should be added

Any settings you put in this file will overwrite settings which are already in options.txt. The big advantage is that no game files are changed and you can still play close-net with a created/modified optionsCustom.txt.

An entry in optionsCustom.txt looks like options.bigHeadMode=1. First is the group a variable belongs too, then a ., then the variable followed by a = and the value you wanted for it.

The normal way to overwrite a setting already in options.txt is to search it in options.txt.

For example we don't want the battle-music played: If we find something like:

sound = {

volume_group02 = 01

}

in options.txt, then the entry in optionsCustom.txt should look like:

sound.volume_group02=0

Or the other way around (not recommended):

If you read a tipp saying sound.volume_group02=0 in optionsCustom.txt will turn off battle music, then the entry in options.txt following sound={ should have just a line with volume_group02=0 in it.

List of useful entries(testing needed which versions allow the settings)

Giving every monster, NPC and player big funny heads, also more easier to detect some small enemies: heart.gif

options.bigHeadMode=1

No videos played at game start:

render.videos=0

Switch on displaying sector borders (nice for map exploring):

render.d_sectorBorders=1

Switching off fine details like gras (faster graphics, more easy to detect rats in high gras): heart.gif

render.d_minis=0

Switching off water effects (faster graphics)

render.d_water=0

Switching of trees (faster graphics, easier to detect enemies):heart.gif

render.d_trees=0

No battle-music played, if you prefer your own music on hifi system, also less memory used:

sound.volume_group02=0

Turning of the shaking camera at shadow warrior two-handed hammer critical (meteor showers too?)- Epilepsy suffering people should consider it.heart.gif

camera.cameraShake=0

Doing server settings (old example)

network.lobby_name = "YOUR ACCOUNT NAME"

network.lobby_password = "YOUR PASSWORD"

network.lobby_ip = "us.sacred2.net"

network.lobby_port = 6900

heart.gif indicates that the option may be useful for handicapped people: bad eye-sight, epilepsy, ... I was hoping for a red cross or a nurse in the emoticons, at the current ones I found the heart most fitting.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not at my game machine, but I think -- is used for comments in options.txt

So perhaps we could collect all stuff and put it in a way that people have just to remove -- comment characters to activate settings.

--Epilepsy suffering people may consider the following 2 settings

--Remove -- at following line if you want no longer shaking camera effects
--camera.cameraShake=0

--Remove -- at following line if you want weather effects switched off
--video.weather=0

--People with bad eye sight may consider

--Remove -- at following line if you want all characters having funny big heads, nice for party play
--options.bigHeadMode=1

--Useful settings for everyone

--Remove -- at following line if you don't want videos at game start
--render.videos=0

--Remove -- at following line if you want to see sector borders for map exploring
--render.d_sectorBorders=1

Pictures/video how bighead/bobble head setting is looking can be found in this thread.

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13996

Schot you wrote in quotes thread you wanted to make an own thread about bobble heads and how to turn them on. If it is not done yet, perhaps we could create a optionsCustom like in the code above for download and do some where to place it for the different windows.

Edited by chattius