Token list?

Don't like to mod stuff until I've finished everything, but I got innerested by reviewing spells.txt and the tokens added

Seems if you can add it, it does it. Dunno if there's a top end of tokens you can add (assuming no), but I have no idea what they do, or what is available.

Like for instance, I am guessing the following from the dragon berserk tokens:

et_weapondamage_physical", 0, 25, 0, 9 means 'although melee, damage is now zero from weapons (where it would be 1000 instead if it took those into acct)'

et_physical_to_magic", 250, 0, 0, 5 means 'convert physical damage to 25 percent magic damage'

et_AWVW_rel", 0, 100, 0, 5 means 'armor worn on the character is set to zero (adding the armor of the new transformed sprite instead)'

These are all assumptions from being familiar with the behavior of the berserk modification.

Taylor Dayne in Under Siege 2 quipped one of my favorite lines of all time:

'Assumptions are the mother of all (explicit deleted, read: mistakes)'

Is there a list available of all the tokens and what they do?

If not, I'm gonna *try* and make one, cause it interests me ;)

Yeah, theres a mostly complete page on the wiki, may not have any added in Ice and Blood though.

Tokens

Also, I believe that someone has mentioned that there is an upper limit. You will also have to be careful about some of the tokens as they refer to the tokens added by modifications.

Yeah, theres a mostly complete page on the wiki, may not have any added in Ice and Blood though.

Tokens

Also, I believe that someone has mentioned that there is an upper limit. You will also have to be careful about some of the tokens as they refer to the tokens added by modifications.

Now, why didn't I think about the wiki?

Duhhh.

Yeah, it's missing a few from I & B, but it looks pretty thorough.

I just was building an Excel sheet with it for about an hour, and was gonna go back for comprehension and application, but obviously it has been completed

Thanx bro :thumbsup:

Edited by JKtheWonderguy

et_weapondamage_physical", 0, 25, 0, 9 means 'although melee, damage is now zero from weapons (where it would be 1000 instead if it took those into acct)'

That token is bonus damage, with the first number being the level 0 bonus & the second number the per level increase, so it'll increase at 2.5 damage per level.

et_AWVW_rel", 0, 100, 0, 5 means 'armor worn on the character is set to zero (adding the armor of the new transformed sprite instead)'

That's attack & defence, not armour. It means that it's giving 0% bonus at level 0 & 10% at level 1, 20% at level 2, etc...

Also, I've got a spreadsheet with a download of the Spells.txt & a list of the tokens (a few of which aren't on the wiki, like the % LL token) & what they do, as well as a breakdown of some of the other parts of Spells.txt (like spellcontroltype).

That token is bonus damage, with the first number being the level 0 bonus & the second number the per level increase, so it'll increase at 2.5 damage per level.

That's attack & defence, not armour. It means that it's giving 0% bonus at level 0 & 10% at level 1, 20% at level 2, etc...

Also, I've got a spreadsheet with a download of the Spells.txt & a list of the tokens (a few of which aren't on the wiki, like the % LL token) & what they do, as well as a breakdown of some of the other parts of Spells.txt (like spellcontroltype).

Yeah, after looking into the one on the wiki, helped me understand more about the four flag values.

The second part I was gonna look into is make a list of the other values as well, but you have already completed study on that.

Like said, assumption is bad

Can I get a copy of that list? It'd help me understand things much better.

Sure, if you PM me your email addresses I'll mail the excel file when I get home tomorrow. It's not complete, there's still stuff I don't understand, but I'm (slowly) getting there...

Thanks, I'll send the latest version when I get home from my parents' tomorrow.

One token that I've not been able to get "working" in player CAs is "et_sacrifice_health_rel". From the sound of it, it would remove x% of the player's HP, but I can't get it to work either on spells or weapon-based CAs. One of the NPC CAs that has it is the Mist boss' undead summon CA, and that proc's the HP reduction/anti-leech effect when you kill all of the summoned undead. I would have thought that you could just drop it in a Combat Arts list of token's & it would reduce the HP whenever a CA is cast, but apparently not (unless it needs specific values for the 4th number).

Thanks, I'll send the latest version when I get home from my parents' tomorrow.

One token that I've not been able to get "working" in player CAs is "et_sacrifice_health_rel". From the sound of it, it would remove x% of the player's HP, but I can't get it to work either on spells or weapon-based CAs. One of the NPC CAs that has it is the Mist boss' undead summon CA, and that proc's the HP reduction/anti-leech effect when you kill all of the summoned undead. I would have thought that you could just drop it in a Combat Arts list of token's & it would reduce the HP whenever a CA is cast, but apparently not (unless it needs specific values for the 4th number).

That sounds interesting...might play with that. I feel like making my own Combat Arts... :)

It appears some spell effects will only work properly, if specific "SpellClass" is used. Touchy string that one is - can't be changed liberally. For example, a Shadow Warrior can use Energy Shield specific tokens in his Shadow Veil spell, if geistform's SpellClass is replaced with "cSpellSeEnergieschild".

Yeah, the spellClass does seem to control a lot of the "physics"/behaviour" of the CAs. For example, I created an Area of Effect CA that sucked monsters into the centre (using the "range_pull" token, or something_pull anyway) & that kinda worked, but didn't pull all monsters, so I used the spellClass from Clustering Maelstrom & that pull all monsters in, but the damage was then dependant on how many monsters were pulled in (IIRC, 1-3 monsters & you get one lot of damage, 4-7 monsters & you get two lots of damage, 8+ & you get 3 lots of damage per monster, etc) which wasn't quite what I wanted. What I wanted was to pull all of the monsters in, root them & damage them, but if you put root into a CA, then that effect overrides the pull into the centre of the effect. :(

I might have a look at the spellClass of the NPC CAs that use that sacrifice effect when I get home, see if I can get them to do what I want...

Unfortunately the spellClasses are kept in some of the DLLs & the exe, so we can't modify/create new ones. :(

I've uploaded the file here for anyone that wants it. I've got a few other files that might be of use: Creatures & Blueprint (in a single file) and Animations (which is huge, so I've only taken the CA animation section & split it into tabs, one per character, this also makes searching for the relevant animation easier, the entire file is ~1.3m lines).

• Thanks! 1

I've uploaded the file here for anyone that wants it. I've got a few other files that might be of use: Creatures & Blueprint (in a single file) and Animations (which is huge, so I've only taken the CA animation section & split it into tabs, one per character, this also makes searching for the relevant animation easier, the entire file is ~1.3m lines).

Yeah, it couldn't hurt to have a look at those either :) If you don't mind upload ing them that would be sweet :)