Any wands that can cast magic missiles or projectiles at enemys

Ok, so iv'e been playing Sacred 2 for like 2 weeks now.

I made a shadow warrior and am happy with that class as well as the seraphim.

Today I made a High Elf for fun becuase I wanted a real magic weilding character.

So after playing with her for a few minutes I began to wonder what her weaponry would be like.

Of course! A mages Staff! Wait. Thats just a really long blunt stick.

A sword! No....takes a bit long for her to swing. Fireballs are faster I suppose.

So here is my question. As im sure some of you have played World of Warcraft, are there any

WANDS that can cast magic missiles or projectiles out at enemys. Something thats faster than the

barbaric swing and a miss method?

are there any

WANDS that can cast magic missiles or projectiles out at enemys. Something thats faster than the

barbaric swing and a miss method?

Definitey, and they are a lot of fun to fire, specially with the different spreads available using Combat Arts... Shadow Warrior is a favorite of mine for using these:

Energy pistols don't look like wands but have that magic missile effect

Energy weapons are probably closer to what you are looking for

And of course, there are the uniques:

And the ultimate magic missile thrower, chances are zero to nil that it will ever drop in our lifetimes though (though it did once in min, holy hannah! :bounce:)

:)

gogo

Thank you for that information. Im looking for a staff that can shoot, enegery weapons seem to be what im looking for.

Do you know of any vendors or locations where I might procure one at an early stage?

Absolutely. Make a tevel two High Elf, and max it's bargaining. With two points maxed in it you can even shop for more equipment with bargaining on it or just stop at two points and shop.

Just those two points in a low level HE will open up Pandora's box...you'll see that the number and quality of items will have all exploded with tons of new gear, sockets and item modifiers.

Pick out your wand and have fun

gogo

I found the animation coming off the staves...okay. I must prefer the firing style coming off the ranged weapons. They had more kapow in it for me... though the firing rate of the staves is pretty sick ^^

gogo

I found the animation coming off the staves...okay. I must prefer the firing style coming off the ranged weapons. They had more kapow in it for me... though the firing rate of the staves is pretty sick ^^

gogo

There are some important differences between staves and energizers, both stylisticaly and practically.

1) stylistic - energizers are technology weapons and have the cool factor of the "tschew-tschew" sound effect, if you want more of a Space Opera tone to your Sacred 2.

2)practical - energizers work with combat arts for hybrid Magic Knights (Inquisitor, Shadow Warrior, Seraphim, High Elf)

3)stylistic - staves have a sound effect while firing that is more "poof"(magic) and less techno sounding. Also, the images of the mage and the staff/wand are inseparable.

4)practical - staves are much more likely than energizers to have modifiers which improve your spellcasting ability.

5)practical - all energizers are two-handed, ruling out shield use. Some of the best uniques in the game are one-handed staves and shields.

Before Ice and Blood, I used to build energizer characters to make up for the lack of appropriate staves and wands. With Ice and Blood, I no longer need to make such compromizes.

Although with point 5, if that's a single handed staff you can dual wield two of them (if you are lucky enougb to find them).

It's a bit of an exploit in some people's eyes, but the Pelting Strikes using dual wielder Seraphim is devastating, particularly if you get some direct damage or life leech in there.

I've never actually ever seen a duel wielding Seraphim anywhere ever yet in a server I've been on.

They must exist?

Is there any kind of a published build anywhere? What kinds of Combat Arts would they use besides Pelting Strikes?

gogo

Useful threads:

Fiest article for staff lore in the AddOn

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14317

Pelting strikes and dual wield + staff lore, tapir wrote about his experience

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=15493

Staff shooting:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16593

Inqui shopper with staff lore and dual wield

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14687

Massive Area of Effect dryad with staff lore

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14581

Yes, that's why no of my Ice and Blood characters has staff lore. I felt like cheating.

But perhaps a dragon mage could be played as a normal attack staff shooter. The companion adding nice intelligence, can be modified for chance to burn, add some damage lore, and re-target quickly after each shot so that damage lore can do its work once mastered.