A chance to be back

Hi folks!

After long inactivity time I hope I can spend now few hours in here, probably writing quests or NPC pages in the wiki, like I did long ago. But I'll need some days to get back to it though, but I'm confident my (not always good) memory will help me somehow to get back into it.

Btw, if there's anything "new" I should know, please let me know. I'll make a general read around here, although I will only cover latest posts and fixed ones, so I'll appreciate any advice/suggestion.

Anyway, I'm happy being back here... and after all I just wanted to say an official "hello" :P

Tomorrow more. cu guys!

Zeno

Zeno!

:hugs:

Back from your far travels, and here with us again in Wiki land ^^

This is great to have you back with us on Quests... :bounce: We've been so lucky to have had amazing contyributors like Lujate, Silver Fox, Cathy, many others who've put hours into the wiki...and there's even spiffy new templates for quests and NPC's which can help makes pages go up easier.

Take a look at where we are with quests now, a great number done, but still some to go for NPC's and Quests

:)

gogo

Thanks very much for your wellcome (back) messages. They make me feel very happy. :hugs:

About the contents we'll see where I can contribute better. At the moment I'll concentrate in having a look to the templates and the work already done. Later on I'll see where I can help better (although most probable are side quests & npcs).

Thanks again guys. See ya in Ancaria! :P

Zeno.

Great to see you back in action Zeno. I've missed your template expertise. :)

Couple of topics that might give you an idea of where we're at in terms of the quest template. Maybe you could improve on it and make it more efficient? Easier for members to understand and use while taking up little space?

File size for quest images

SacredWiki Quest Template Revision

Oh, and we now do all our image uploads to the wiki instead of Photobucket. No more Photobucket! Yaaaaaaay. :D

Welcome back, Zeno!

We didn't have an opportunity to work together yet, but I saw a lot of your work on the wiki, since I was working with the exact same pages - quests and NPCs. As others already told you, we developed new templates for both types of those pages. We also made a new definition of NPC as a character who has some kind of dialog to offer and can be pictured with some kind of punctuation above his/her hand.

Schot already linked our quest template discussion to the previous post. That template was an attempt to bring and arrange all the info we could come up with for the quest. Also, we wanted to make image thumbnails as useful as they can be, so the reader won't have to click them all to understand what they are all about. If you want to see this template in action, you can check new pages for the Community Patch Quests, for example Dark Rituals and The Impostor. Or you can just check any of lujate's recent pages (he's amazingly active, so you can always notice some new quest pages in Recent Changes).

As for the new NPC template, it was discussed in several threads, so I'm not sure which of them can be linked. But the pages themselves are pretty self-explanatory. Here are some examples of various types of NPC pages: Regular NPC, NPC you need to fight, Enemy-NPC, Hireling-NPC, Boss-NPC. In other words, for the NPCs that play various roles the page becomes a mix of several templates (or just some new sections are added to the general NPC template).

Also, since I was working with quests and tried to adjust some old pages to the new template, I had to change some of your old pages. Hope you won't be mad at me because of it. I'm looking forward to working together with you anyway.

Great to see you back in action Zeno. I've missed your template expertise. :)

Don't even think that... I just learned templating "on-demand" :P

Btw it's great to be back with you guys! Your welcome msgs make me feel like back home folks! :drinks:

Maybe you could improve on it and make it more efficient? Easier for members to understand and use while taking up little space?

File size for quest images

SacredWiki Quest Template Revision

I'll review the templates as well as these links. Then I'll post my questions and or ideas.

Oh, and we now do all our image uploads to the wiki instead of Photobucket. No more Photobucket! Yaaaaaaay. :D

No Photobucket... you said no Photobucket?!... I've heard no more Photobucket?!?

* Zeno falls off the chair *

Welcome back, Zeno!

We didn't have an opportunity to work together yet, but I saw a lot of your work on the wiki, since I was working with the exact same pages - quests and NPCs.

Thank you! Great, we'll have the chance to work side by side for sure :)

I will take a look to the improvements in these areas and I'll try to get the idea.

Btw, I won't complain about anything improved in my old contributions; actually they were made mostly either as starting point (maybe there were 3 or 4 NPC pages when I started) or as public wisdom, which obviously can be improved!

Anyway I'll probably spend a week to read all this stuff... and I've got to play Sacred a little; I've almost forgotten half the game, so I'd better start with it! hehe...

and I've got to play Sacred a little;

lol

...was gonna say...don't forget to play you! The joy's the part that fuels the work.

Go on and get yourself a kobold or two, and welcome back!

:)

gogo