Legendary Relic isn't Legendary

Kiyeri

Hi All!

I got this drop recently somewhere between Black Oaks and Orcish Byway while playing my 51-53 Sara. Kinda a depressing relic huh! Not sure if its a bug or not, but would be nice if it had a modifier and shouldn't it be at the level she is at currently?.

Its only a unique, not a legendary, but unfortunately with unique and legendary relics, they only drop with a modifier in gold difficulty or above and they are random so they spawn at the level of what you are killing, not near your level.

Ahhh.. thank you for clearing that up for me, makes sense I guess.

I'll just have to get buzy and win the game again so I can get access to gold. Oh, sigh... wish I hadn't lost all my old backup files.

DB, what you wrote reads so well, very informative.

If you have time, can you add it to the wiki on the relic unique page?

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Blessed_Relic_of_Fire

It's too good to be lost in just a topic.

:)

gogo

This particular relic you linked is a partial exception from the rule. It's not a random drop, but a quest reward. The difference is that the drops are based on the enemy level, while the quest rewards are based on the character's level and current difficulty. So if you do this quest on Silver with level 53 seraphim, you'd get a level 53 unique as a reward. Though the rule about not having a modifier before Gold difficulty still applies.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for answering months later. But, If you notice from my first post, its a level 22 unique relic (without modifier) I got on my 52/53 seraphim... but doesn't matter really I was just curious.

I have since gotten several more low level unique relics on a 20+ higher level character that had no modifiers. I'm just assuming its cuz I'm sill playing Silver... Haven't had much time lately to play much and since wipe... haven't gotten gold unlocked yet.

Kiy