Sacred 2 Collectors Edition upgrading

I bought Sacred2 for the ps3, and fell in love with the game, (but hated the controls)

well talking with my neighbor, he convinced me that the pc version is much better (I am a 95% pc gamer) and he sold me his UK collectors edition for $25.

after a bit of searching I found this site, and have been lurking for the past few weeks. I see alot of guides written for Ice and blood.

If I purchase and upgrade my game, will I loose the high textures?

No you wont lose the elite textures, I currently have the same thing installed as you suggest trying. They however only apply to anything in the original game so there are none for the expansion stuff which will default to the next best thing.

Dragon Brother is comletely right, however most of the Ice and Blood players disable Elite textures because they experience bugs and freezes while running through the new regions (and sometimes through the old ones too). These problems don't occure on every machine, but some hardware may cause the game to work worse in this case. From what I know, the owners of the new nVidia video cards (most oftenly GeForce 450, 460 and 470) can get the game with expansion to run smoothly only by turning off Elite textures. Anyway, disabling Elite textures in the settings menu is recommended while you're playing in the new Ice and Blood regions. In other words, when you install Ice and Blood over collector's edition, you won't lose Elite textures, but maybe you'd have to turn them off to increase the game performance.

thank you for the reply's I will now have to go order it :)

im hoping my machine is beefy enough to keep the textures on :)

here are the specs (that apply to the game)

amd phenom2 965 quad core (45mm version) oc'ed to 4.0ghz stable

Sapphire 5870 2gb ddr5 Eye infinity edition (only running one large monitor)

8gb ddr3 1600 kingston hyperx

128gb ssd drive (game is installed on a 64mb cache 750gb segate hard drive)

sound blaster xfi Fatality pro

Edited by THRiLL KiLL

I don't know if the specs themselves are relevant except in that they are better than the required minimum. The performance of this game varies so much from computer to computer that specs are hard to use as a relevant judge. BUT, baring any issues it should run fine on your computer. Im running the game with elite textures and mostly maxed settings on a laptop, where you may start to have issues is the screen res. The game seems to crash/have a memory overflow once it accesses >1,2GB of ram or something like that, which occurs much easier at higher screen res'.

I got a 450 NVidia Card and six of ram

I got stuff turned down to medium, but what really helps me run (more) smoothly is turning the grass details down.

I tried turning them all the way off, but that bugged me, so I run it at one click above zero. I can sometimes run for three hours w/o a crash now, whereas before it was 45 minutes at the most no matter what I did.

I ran the patch loco posted a while back for trying to help w allowing higher ram to run, and it does help somewhat from what I can see. Task Manager shows me it rolls anywhere from using 61 to 71 percent of memory before it dies out.

I found also running a permanent max memory swap file kinda helps keep it on a lil longer as well.

I had no problems upgrading to Ice and Blood from the Collector's Edition. You'll still have the elite textues, and mine run without issues if I keep the game to NOT use any compatibility mode. Just make sure that Sacred 2 is at the latest patch and you should be able to get the upgrade to work. If there are crash problems, there is a 4 GB patch program that hopefully somebody will provide the link to.