Good Old Games: Might & Magic/Heroes sale

GoG is running a sale until Monday for the M&M and Heroes games. If you buy the whole bundle, you get 50% off. Individual purchases get 40% off.

I know that the games are not new, but it would be an opportunity for others to get two classic franchises very cheap.

GoG is running a sale until Monday for the M&M and Heroes games. If you buy the whole bundle, you get 50% off. Individual purchases get 40% off.

I know that the games are not new, but it would be an opportunity for others to get two classic franchises very cheap.

Hey there.

M&M 6 remains one of my all time favourites. A great series of games.

Just one question though mate, what is GoG, please ?

Steve.

I liked M&M 6 (still have the discs lurking somewhere), though I didn't like the way they suddenly ramped the difficulty on you from time to time (I still have bad memories of the dwarfen mines). Might and Magic 2 was the first true computer roleplaying game I owned, I think, and probably the one I played the most. Looking back, they were surprisingly complex for the time they were released, although there did seem to be a flurry of CRPGs back in the late 80s/early 90s. Shame the franchise died, but the last game (Might and Magic IX) was pretty bad.

I loved them too, I still have M&M7,8&9 though I agree about 9. I also play Heroes of M&M and feel that series peaked with 3 especially if you have the WOG mod (War of the Gods) and still play that regularly, but 4 was too childish and 5 is just another Warcraft clone.

Shame, as both series were leaders in their day.

Edited by podgie_bear

I loved them too, I still have M&M7,8&9 though I agree about 9. I also play Heroes of M&M and feel that series peaked with 3 especially if you have the WOG mod (War of the Gods) and still play that regularly, but 4 was too childish and 5 is just another Warcraft clone.

Shame, as both series were leaders in their day.

Heroes of Might and Magic is my favorite game of all time especially Heroes 3. I have played it literally for thousands of hours. 4 and 5 were a bit of a let down and I don't think the upcoming Heroes 6 would be much of an improvement.

Heroes of Might and Magic is my favorite game of all time especially Heroes 3. I have played it literally for thousands of hours. 4 and 5 were a bit of a let down and I don't think the upcoming Heroes 6 would be much of an improvement.

Another Heroes 3 fan?

I'm delighted to hear that. I was really BAD at HOMM3, but I always just enjoyed the beautiful visuals and brilliant castle-themes.

They were always the strength of any HOMM game in my opinion.

Don't believe me? Then check out my personal selection of themes in my game soundtrack thread.

Looking forward to HOMM6, and I was glad to hear that Paul Romero was making the soundtrack to that game aswell.