Fen Fire - Damage inconsistence?

I've been playing recently playing the Dryad Island zone, and at near the end of that step I met with lots of Fen Fires, as always. I've noticed one strange thing though: I was receiving lots (damn, lots!) of damage and I realized I was wearing the wrong type of protection (poison). I switched to my frost relics, and the damage taken was similar. So I decided to test with magic protection runes (despite the monster profile and also the bestiary information) and the big surprise was the damage was halved.

I don't know why, but the damage shown in this monster stats is ice, and the bestiary reproduces so, but in-game demonstrates that damage is actually magic, as long as magic relics give better protection than others (I've tested and frost relics offer same protection as fire or poison). Is this a weird thing, a bug or it does have an explanation I haven't been able to guess yet?

Btw, in the Fen Fire stats (char window) says damage is only ice, but in the creature's life bar says it's physical, magic and ice. Sounds a bit weird, doesn't? :twitch:

Ah yes, the stats are very misleading. This is a problem with many enemies. The Ice damage it shows is in regards to it's melee damage. Beleive it or not it actually has melee, close combat, damage. If you stand next to a Fen Fire it will poke you with Ice damage instead of shooting magic damage at you from afar. :)

:blink:

Ehm... what about adding this information to the bestiary page?

Let's say "Ranged Damage" next to the "Damage", for cases like this I mean. It might help dummies like me who always use the wrong relics :3lmao:

That would be great Zeno. I know that Fen Fires have been very confusing since day one, specially with the display errors of this game. We usually add anything like this in notes at the bottom.

:)

gogo

Now I know why those little Barstewards! annihilated one of my chars some time ago. Took only three or five of 'em to mob me. Can't remember which char, but I was awestruck that he/she got slain by those little lighties, yet they took Guardians head on...

Had wrong type of relic on, I recon'...

Fens are nasteeeeeeeeeeee

Specially when combined with those horrible witch doctors that vine and then tick tock you away to death!

:oooo:

I did find a legendary in that area once though ^^

:D

gogo

Put me also +1 in fen fire deaths :blush:

Anyway, do you guys think this simple modification would do the job? --> Fen Fire

It looks a bit weird, as long as this magic damage isn't shown in the stats picture... I don't think adding a "notes" section is worthy here just for that, cause it would mess up the bestiary listings and other pages where this is linked to or included in.

At least now there's a written warning to take your arcane relics on! :cool:

Good info you added. And if you wanted to add more details, so that that page has all the knowledge we have on these dastardly beings, you can add any extra info you want under this code here on that page just above the category listings:

}}</onlyinclude>

YOUR NOTES ON THESE DASTARDLY BEINGS

[[Category:Sacred 2 Enemies in Ancaria|F]]

[[Category:Sacred 2 Energy|F]]

As long as the new info added is outside of the only include tags it will not be "called" to any other pages in the Wiki.

:)

gogo