Eruptive Desecration

Just a quick question for all the high level inquisitor players out there:

Has anyone tried leveling Eruptive Desecration with the Greed skill and pumped it to a decent % to try and consistently generate more item drops? I don't have a high level character to test this (and I'm on console)...? Curious... Seems like it could be fun! :-)

Also, does anyone know if the Soul Reaver buff would work with Desecration, in a combo? I think the Desecration should go off second, so you still get the benefit of the souls + the chance for item drops as well?

The more and more I thought about doing a build based around that... the more it seemed like it would just generate a whole lot more junk.... obviously, yes, you will get "more" sets/uniques, as you will get more drops, but the ratio of junk:good stuff will remain the same.

For me, the absence of EP on the Inqusitor really put a stop to that whole thought... not just for the extra Chance to Find Valuables that comes from having the EP skill... but for the EP-modified CFV which is soooo much better than the non-scaling CFV mods.

Scott, glad you bumped this topic, I'd seen it go up just wee while back and I'd wanted to put some links up to help.

Scrappy, I used the google search bar in Wiki...it pulls in all content from both sites, maybe these links are helpful as well?

Inquisitor - "corpse Explosion" Necro (Caster) a caster Inquisitor designed to take on HC till the level cap

Greed

:)

gogo

Thanks for the links gogo! Really useful info there.

Scott: Yeah, the lack of EP is a serious bummer... Takes a lot of the fun out of it for me! Boo!

Well, if you think about it this could be one way to combat the lack of EP. I mean, if you can't increase your chance per kill of finding something then increase the number of kills. It may not be much initially (I mean...it only destroys one corpse...) but over time that could up to a lucky drop or two somewhere.

Thanks for the links gogo! Really useful info there.

Awesome! And yeah, that greed topic is detailed...maybe I'll link to it in the Wiki even^^

Scott: Yeah, the lack of EP is a serious bummer... Takes a lot of the fun out of it for me! Boo!

I never "noticed" this...what an interesting balancing of the class... is there any reason why this is done for the DM?

Dragon Brother, I like how you say that they built in Eruptive Desecration to balance out the lacking of being able to pick Enhanced Perception... does this mean that, overall and compared to the other classes, the Dragon Mage will always fall somewhat in quality of drops?

:)

gogo

Dragon Mage miss out by not having EP? I don't know to be honest, I mean we all know that it comes down to numbers and in the long run EP simply increases the likelihood of a better drop. Toons don't need EP to find anything, it just helps you get there faster sometimes.