Hey there!

Hey there guys,

The name's Matt and I'm, new here. I actually found this forum completely by accident while trying to find a decent Sacred 2 forum to post on- but alas, all others seemed dead, yet this one was surprisingly still active, so I thought I'd stop by. I'm actually a very new player to Sacred 2 (I picked it up on the PS3 a few weeks ago and I'm loving it), so given the massive amount of content in this game I wanted to find a place to post so that I could get additional help understanding the ways in which the game works and hopefully finding some fellow PS3 players to enjoy the game with online.

So, anyway, just thought I'd come by and give the place a try. See you 'round the board!

Welcome aboard!

There is a wealth of info here and on the wiki, just keep in mind that most of it focuses on the PC version and there are some differences when playing one of the console versions.

You've stumbled upon this secret sacred universe of sacred game addicts, info, lore and answers! Okay, the answers may take some reading to get through, you're right, this game is strangely huge, perhaps one of the last free-standing, non monthly games that comes with closed servers and more than six hundred quests.

Glad you found us, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

p.s. Maybe I ask how you found the game now? Was it friends, or just looking through console games, and this one struck fancy?

You've stumbled upon this secret sacred universe of sacred game addicts, info, lore and answers! Okay, the answers may take some reading to get through, you're right, this game is strangely huge, perhaps one of the last free-standing, non monthly games that comes with closed servers and more than six hundred quests.

Glad you found us, welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

p.s. Maybe I ask how you found the game now? Was it friends, or just looking through console games, and this one struck fancy?

Thank you for the warm welcome!

To answer your question- it's kind of funny, actually. You see, I grew up playing Diablo 2. Ever since my greasy little 9 year year old hands grasped it for the first time back in '01, I've loved that game. Fast forward 10 years, though, and I'm not a big PC gamer anymore. Not that I hate on anyone who does like to PC game, but as someone with relatively limited time who just like to veg out on the couch when I get a chance to play, consoles work much better for me.

But, I always a problem as a result: I could never find another game that was as good as Diablo 2, though many have come close. The first was Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance on the Gamecube/PS2. I played the living hell out of that game. However, once I bought my PS3, I once again got a craving for that hack and slash goodness, as H&S RPG's are probably my favorite genre of game. So, I looked around and looked around. Searched Wikipedia, message boards, Yahoo Answers... I found a few games, but none of them were approaching what I wanted. Then, I found Sacred 2. So I went to the store, picked it up, played it, and hated it at first. But, I gave it a try. Then another try. And eventually, I started to see what all the fuss was about- I expected a linear, insanely fast slasher RPG like Diablo, but what I found was that you had to take your time, explore the world, level up... Then, and only then, you get to see the really cool stuff. So, now I love it, and I'm glad I gave it a proper chance.

I expected a linear, insanely fast slasher RPG like Diablo, but what I found was that you had to take your time, explore the world, level up... Then, and only then, you get to see the really cool stuff. So, now I love it, and I'm glad I gave it a proper chance.

Well, that's definitely one of the game's strong points...it's certainly not linear! :lol: The devs built in so much to do and discover, not only quest wise, but regarding the secrecy of their game mechanics. They're still discussed and talked about, and I'd even say that while the Wiki has easy answers, it's in the discussions of this game through all it's gaming forums all over the net that personal answers for builds will be found.

gogo

I expected a linear, insanely fast slasher RPG like Diablo, but what I found was that you had to take your time, explore the world, level up... Then, and only then, you get to see the really cool stuff. So, now I love it, and I'm glad I gave it a proper chance.

Well, that's definitely one of the game's strong points...it's certainly not linear! :lol: The devs built in so much to do and discover, not only quest wise, but regarding the secrecy of their game mechanics. They're still discussed and talked about, and I'd even say that while the Wiki has easy answers, it's in the discussions of this game through all it's gaming forums all over the net that personal answers for builds will be found.

gogo

Frankly, I was just astounded by how much there was to see and do. Go play some generic RPG like Fable. You get a few towns, and maybe some hills and roads in between. In Sacred 2, you probably have a hundred or more little towns, plus little encampments, solitary houses, old ruins... And most of the stuff you never even have to see to complete the main quest or level your character- its just out there for you to explore and find, almost like a secret. I always love the feeling of coming upon some old abandoned mill house in the northern woods with nothing else around in sight, and finding a cool item from a chest there. You just don't get a feeling like that from Diablo or a game like that- its very unique to Sacred 2.

In Sacred 2, you probably have a hundred or more little towns, plus little encampments, solitary houses, old ruins... And most of the stuff you never even have to see to complete the main quest or level your character- its just out there for you to explore and find, almost like a secret. I always love the feeling of coming upon some old abandoned mill house in the northern woods with nothing else around in sight, and finding a cool item from a chest there. You just don't get a feeling like that from Diablo or a game like that- its very unique to Sacred 2.

One of our members and moderator here at DarkMatters, Knuckles, has put in massive work into the Wiki, getting fabulous pix that can put National Geographic to shame to every single town, place and villa in the game^^ There are some beautifully insightful writeups by contributors like Silver Fox and Zeno and Lujate who through writeups about the denizens of the towns and through it's quests form great linkages between main players in the quest and the history, and huge lore in Sacred:

Towns

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Places_of_Ancaria

Quests

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Quests

gogo

In Sacred 2, you probably have a hundred or more little towns, plus little encampments, solitary houses, old ruins... And most of the stuff you never even have to see to complete the main quest or level your character- its just out there for you to explore and find, almost like a secret. I always love the feeling of coming upon some old abandoned mill house in the northern woods with nothing else around in sight, and finding a cool item from a chest there. You just don't get a feeling like that from Diablo or a game like that- its very unique to Sacred 2.

One of our members and moderator here at DarkMatters, Knuckles, has put in massive work into the Wiki, getting fabulous pix that can put National Geographic to shame to every single town, place and villa in the game^^ There are some beautifully insightful writeups by contributors like Silver Fox and Zeno and Lujate who through writeups about the denizens of the towns and through it's quests form great linkages between main players in the quest and the history, and huge lore in Sacred:

Towns

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Places_of_Ancaria

Quests

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Quests

gogo

Wow, there's even more than I thought. When you add all those up, take into account all the individual houses and places that must be in the villages, etc. there are probably hundreds of individual places to visit. Simply amazing.

With more than 600 quests in the game, some very small and hidden ones, that a lot of the history of the game is getting played out. I'd never really made a lot of the connections that a lot of the quest contributors have put together, but there are some great story lines that encompass the frnachises's unique style of satire, reference, and story telling.

Ice and Blood's quests are being written up by Lujate with other lines he's completed. it's a huge process, but you can see his work being put into the wiki.

Oops, Ice and Blood, sorry...you said you were console right?

:D

gogo

With more than 600 quests in the game, some very small and hidden ones, that a lot of the history of the game is getting played out. I'd never really made a lot of the connections that a lot of the quest contributors have put together, but there are some great story lines that encompass the frnachises's unique style of satire, reference, and story telling.

Ice and Blood's quests are being written up by Lujate with other lines he's completed. it's a huge process, but you can see his work being put into the wiki.

Oops, Ice and Blood, sorry...you said you were console right?

:D

gogo

Pfffh, at least I get couch co-op ;)

But yeah, Sacred 2 is one of those games that just gets deeper as you go into it. So many weapons, so many enemies, so many classes, so many places to visit, so many quests... I just don't even understand how they did all of it- its absolutely incredible.

Hi Welcome to DarkMatters. you will LOVE it here! I do, although that is more because of the related word game and the dark kitchen than actually discussing the game... be sure to check out the dark kitchen!

Delta!