Can I install both Sacred 2 and Ice & Blood on the same computer?

I am sure that one of the helpful people around here has the answer for this.

I originaly purchased the American version of Sacred 2 for the PC a long time ago, then last year I used the link here on Dark Matters to purchase and install the Gold version of the game with Ice & Blood (which I play with the CM Patch). I spend some of my time playing the XBox 360 version of the game as well. Been having a lot of fun with the XBox version of the game, and this has me wondering if it is possible to install the old version of Sacred 2 on my computer without it causing a problem with the Ice & Blood version, this way I can play either version on the computer, instead of heading off to the XBox. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks to all for reading this.

Not sure about this. The install would probably work but the game may overwrite some registry paths when you install it which could prevent it working. If it doesn't work you could always uninstall and reinstall whichever you prefer.

One thing I can think of would be dual booting. One boot partition has the original and the other has the game and the expansion. For dual booting to work of course means having multiple operating systems(which could be too expensive).

• 7 months later...

A very late reply but I was able to accomplish this under Windows 7 by installing UK Sacred 2 gold under my main profile, then creating a 2nd user and logging out and logging on to that profile to install and play the US version.

A very late reply but I was able to accomplish this under Windows 7 by installing UK Sacred 2 gold under my main profile, then creating a 2nd user and logging out and logging on to that profile to install and play the US version.

That is very clever idea Larvi. I have not played around with having a second profile on my current computer, but this is a solution that may in fact work for me. If I ever take a break from Diablo 3 I will be sure to give this idea a try. Thanks much!

Brilliant! :thumbsup: