Quest voice files

When I did the Sw Class Quest I noticed I was looking forward to hearing comments from him as I progressed thru the storyline. I was more into them when I went thru the Inquisitor Class Quest. Then my brain started working again (which is always very dangerous) I thought, how cool would it be if I could somehow integrate the voice-overs into the quest pages? And that's where my brain stopped lol

I have no idea where these files are, what's involved in extracting them or how I would embed on the quest page.

I floated the idea by gogo and he's intrigued. So we're hoping some one with more experience at file manipulation can help us out and see if this is feasible.

I spoke to Schot about this, who likes the idea. The only thing is that the game is still "owned". Wiki so far is cool with pix appropriated from game, but game files could/would be kinda different.

If this was a project that was of interest, Schot says Deep Silver should probably be contacted first to see if SacredWiki can get permission to pull out the files.

:)

gogo

IIRC, they're OGG files. During beta testing, I downloaded the proper codecs / tools to work with them. I remember spending an hour or three figuring out that the Shadow Warrior's hardhit wasn't playing the right sound when using some certain weapon type (like small axes or such). Oh, or was it a crash caused by a certain sound being played like a critical hardhit w/ a certain weapon... I don't remember now.

I'd bet OGG is common enough now that plenty of freeware exists to convert the files to mp3 or media center format. Then you'd just have to figure embedding audio in a wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg

As to where to find them... all I remember is it's a convoluted folder structure, mainly due to the multiple language options. Too bad we don't have the beta test console any more because one feature let you see the sound files being played and on which channel.