Inquisitor English Release

Actually, for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn (and the expansion, Throne of Bhaal), you could play the game in "action" style if you wanted. The mechanics still worked on the AD&D system, and used a turn-based mechanic for "turns"... but you could set your stops (moments when the game froze and you would choose an action) to be almost anything you wanted. If you turned all the stops off, you were literally playing an ARPG... just in full-control of 6 players simulaneously. :Just_Cuz_21:

Not anyones preferred style (I tried it just to try it, everyone dies very quickly), but if you kept your party to just one person, it was a total hack'n'slasher... which was unique for "RPG"'s at the time (forget when Diablo came out... maybe just around that time?).

Baldur's Gate 2 and Diablo 2 were 2000, originals were: 1996 Baldur's, 1998 Diablo.

Just forgot about that, as I totally remembered Baldurs as only turn-based. Can't say I liked the "ARPG-mode", too chaotic with a party, and if memory serves, going into fray was total suicide.

I always preferred mages as my main chars. :P

@MageMaster.

I too have been hoping this game would be released.

Jetcutter over at Clan DA was talking to the developers at one stage.

Unfortunately Jetcutter has since left Clan DA so I am unable to ask him about specifics.

From memory they gave the impression that the game would be ready for English release sometime late in 2011 but that has since passed.

The Russian version of the game has been available for some time.

I think the company that developed the game is very small and they simply have not had the resources to make the game ready for the English speaking community.

You could try emailing the developers and see if you get a response but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In all honesty I think the game could well be dead and buried and your pre-order money has been wasted. :(

They haven't responded in a very long time, since right before the sorry its running late news post in 2010. :)

Facebook shows about the same.. I'll just keep waiting. :)

@MageMaster.

I too have been hoping this game would be released.

Jetcutter over at Clan DA was talking to the developers at one stage.

Unfortunately Jetcutter has since left Clan DA so I am unable to ask him about specifics.

From memory they gave the impression that the game would be ready for English release sometime late in 2011 but that has since passed.

The Russian version of the game has been available for some time.

I think the company that developed the game is very small and they simply have not had the resources to make the game ready for the English speaking community.

You could try emailing the developers and see if you get a response but I wouldn't hold my breath.

In all honesty I think the game could well be dead and buried and your pre-order money has been wasted. :(