Any Sacred 2 leveling mods?

I love the character creation of Sacred 2. But I HATE the map. It's sooooo frustrating because this is halfway to being a great game. The original map was boring the first time, with it's meandering around obstacles while killing hundreds of weak useless enemies. Now, I'm on my 9th character and I'm bored out of my mind playing the same old running back and forth through near empty winding map quests over and over and over again.

A randomized map like Diablo 2 would be great.

• 1 year later...

I love the character creation of Sacred 2. But I HATE the map. It's sooooo frustrating because this is halfway to being a great game. The original map was boring the first time, with it's meandering around obstacles while killing hundreds of weak useless enemies. Now, I'm on my 9th character and I'm bored out of my mind playing the same old running back and forth through near empty winding map quests over and over and over again.

Yeah... Well.. That's never going to happen.

1.) The developers are no longer in business...

2.) and those who have taken over for them have NO intention on continuing development of the game.

3.) The tools the original developers used to develop the game - many of them no longer exist.

I've never heard of anything over level 200 in Sacred or Sacred 2.

That said... Consider the source. A web site called "Games Are Evil"... Seriously? There are some who are willing to go above and beyond the realm of reason to make something seem FAR worse than it actually is - and given their bent, I doubt the people responsible for said "evidence" would be truly informed on the actual workings of the games they preach against. It could be a clever photoshopped pic.

You can also add in the fact that the number do not make much in the way of sense. You've got characters that are level 500+ with fewer kills than those who have a level that's half of that.

And what are "killpoints" vs "points"? In the game, it's called XP...

3.) The tools the original developers used to develop the game - many of them no longer exist.

What happened to them? Why? How? I know its now impossible to find an editor to the Sacred:Underworld GRN graphics format, without permanently converting it into GR2. But to loose tools to a big game from 2008-09?

Welcome to darkmatters.

I cannot help but wonder, if you are bored out of your mind playing, what are you hoping to accomplish with a leveling mod? I guess that is your business though.

Assuming by "level mods" you mean something to level up faster, you can mod your balance.txt to increase XP earned. Check out this thread:

Sacred 2 Balance.txt

Guys, the OP is asking about new maps or areas (aka new levels) in which to take his characters. And it's a really old post anyway so they're probably long gone. The second poster, I have no clue what they're even asking about, they just posted some kind of multiplayer screenshot.

What happened to them? Why? How? I know its now impossible to find an editor to the Sacred:Underworld GRN graphics format, without permanently converting it into GR2. But to loose tools to a big game from 2008-09?

It's rather simple. Ascaron went bankrupt and out of business. They likely overextended their finances and spent more on developing Sacred 2 than they ever made back from sales at the time.

Deep Silver bought SOME of Ascaron's assets - they bought the Sacred game franchise but apparently the deal they struck did NOT apparently include the servers and other computers used to produce and maintain the code. This is why Ice and Blood never got more than a few minor fixes in the 2.65.1 and 2.65.2 releases. What happened to the hardware and related software - I have no idea.

I would imagine the tools used to make the game went with the programmers who wrote the tools in the first place. It's my understanding that Deep Silver hired a couple of Ascaron's programmers and they muddled together the last 2 patches for the game. But what they could do was limited in so far as they didn't have full access to everything needed to do things right.