Well, the big "P" (pneumonia! :Just_Cuz_21:) finally came to harrass me for good bit. I've been kind of quiet last few weeks here, I found it was taking even more and more of energy just to post normally, always so tired, and that dang cough! :oooo: Finally, with this new job, the terror of getting in trouble had me go down to the clinic just a few days ago, at this point, just last thursday, I'd lost my voice, and had to do something. Thank god for early wake up, and I was able to get to the clinic at that magical time, just thirty minutes before it opened up and got meself a place in line at number four.

After going in and performing the perfunctory coughs and blechs, the very nice dr.birdie (omgod, she was so pregnant, and fearless...just came up next to me with no mask! :o) said the wracking cough was a bit too much and sent me down the hall for xrays. I scooted down the hallway, had a few done of the chest, and ayup... the big P! :oooo: I haven't had antiotics in a few years now, I actually don't even remember the last time I took them, but I know they can play havoc. The doctor put me on them for ten days, twice a day, and this time I opted out for non-generic three bux more a bottle expensive kind^^

After getting them filled, I couldn't help but notice how beautiful these pills were...beveled edges, with smooth finish, and a delicious smell of white hot chocolate :4rofl: After just a few days of using them ( I think actually on day two even) my voice came back, and I felt and am feeling more normal, with that weird/strange lassitude, and feeling like I was in a wacky netherworld is going away, and I can actually crack some real time jokes.

Beware y'all! :butcher:

I'm trying to change my behaviors are work, and get sucked into that whole corporate slam of using costly alcoholic killers we rub over our hands all the time to kill off and breed new super germs :twitch:

I didn't used to buy into that at all, but maybe that and trying to be a bit more paranoid about "germs" will keep me a bit safer. I've never really worried about them before, but maybe I have to now?

:)

gogo

My last pneumonia I had at a summer job while at university. Cleaning the dirt water channels of a town and a leakage in protective gear. I was lucky to tell the docs how I thought I got it...

They did a full test and found it was not a pneu which could be cured with antobiotics, some mold. Without telling the special tretment would have started days later when finding out that antibiotics would have shown no result.

Most pneus are done by pneumokokken and it is possible to have a injection for immunizing against these. Our scond has one because of the big surgeries she had. Good luck, hope the antibiotics will do their job. Best look for spcial recipes to restore the germs in your digesting system when the tretment is over.

Ah, chattius, I was hoping you would see this post, as I know you have some background here. I`ve actually been looking for `good` foods, yeah I`d heard that the antibiotics wreak havoc. Is Yoghort king of this kind of stuff, is there other foods I should look at? In all honestly, I gotta say that eating food is one of the last things on my mind these days, I went a little skinny when I was down with this, but slowly getting appetite back in gear.

What you said about that pneu you had, guess it was viral kind, this is why antibiotics would not work? The ones I`m on are Biaxin, I think theyre supposed to be pretty harsh on system, I try to make sure stomach is full when I have to gobble one of these horse pills.

gogo

What a story! Glad to read you're feeling a little better now. :) My GF was also on Biaxin a few months ago, and it was hard too.

I hope to see more activity from you within the next couple days.

Max

Hey Max!

She was on Biaxin too? Was it for a tough cold or infection? Is there foods she ate during or after the antibiotics to help with feeling better or getting health back?

gogo

Was it for a tough cold or infection?

She couldn't stop to cough for like 3 weeks. I think she had a severe bronchitis.

Is there foods she ate during or after the antibiotics to help with feeling better or getting health back?

I don't remember her eating something really specfic, I remember that she tried to eat less, 'cause she had some metal aftertaste because of the medication.

Oh and Biaxin were kinda expensive. 70 bucks for 14 pills!

Max

Some like Yakult drinks.

My wife gives special yeast pills as long people have no bleeding wounds, yeast infection would be nasty if so.

I am a hessian barbarian, Sauerkraut and hessian hand cheese have high probiotic properties (both use lactic acid fermentation) and I eat them a lot anyway.

In the time of google, search your favourite recipes for probiotic (hope it is same wod in english) effects and eat what you like to eat and helps the same time. So it may be Sauerkraut and Handkäse for me, or some yoghurt cream spaghetti with tomato for you. Probably I would do the Sauerkraut one day and the Yoghurt Spaghetti the other to build up different bacteria. Have to ask my wife if this would make sense.

http://1stprobiotics.com/probiotics-recipes.htm

Hope you get some ideas.

Was it for a tough cold or infection?

She couldn't stop to cough for like 3 weeks. I think she had a severe bronchitis.

Is there foods she ate during or after the antibiotics to help with feeling better or getting health back?

I don't remember her eating something really specfic, I remember that she tried to eat less, 'cause she had some metal aftertaste because of the medication.

Oh and Biaxin were kinda expensive. 70 bucks for 14 pills!

Max

Max, yeah I remember how expensive the lady said the antibiotics were, but didn't medicare pay for them for you guys?

Some like Yakult drinks.

My wife gives special yeast pills as long people have no bleeding wounds, yeast infection would be nasty if so.

I am a hessian barbarian, Sauerkraut and hessian hand cheese have high probiotic properties (both use lactic acid fermentation) and I eat them a lot anyway.

In the time of google, search your favourite recipes for probiotic (hope it is same wod in english) effects and eat what you like to eat and helps the same time. So it may be Sauerkraut and Handkäse for me, or some yoghurt cream spaghetti with tomato for you. Probably I would do the Sauerkraut one day and the Yoghurt Spaghetti the other to build up different bacteria. Have to ask my wife if this would make sense.

http://1stprobiotics...ics-recipes.htm

Hope you get some ideas.

I'm getting some from mostly from Yoghurt now, it's easy for me to consume, and all kinds of flavors, I've started mixing it in with frozen fruit shakes to really powerup the natural vitamins and get super cocktail going.

Also bought some vitamins...but don't know if I really buy into that...most times they just sit around gathering dust

:blink:

gogo

oowah, feeling good!. Today is my Wonder Day! lol, read as day off^^ I've got it all planned and packed in with friends and meals, I still hate taking those antibiotics, they love to do a number on my stomach, but I"ve read that you have to do the entire course, or you can breed supah germs!

bacteria-Germs-Antibiotic.jpg

:oooo:

gogo

Yup you have to take all the antibiotics. Once they start attacking the infection/virus, you'll eliminate or suppress all the symptoms because there's not enough of the bacteria to affect you, BUT it'll still be in your system. So if you stop taking the meds it'll rebound and start replicating again and this time will be more resistant to the original meds

When I went through my bout with Tuberculosis I had to take them for 9 months. Felt like someone sucker punched me right in the gut. I hated taking them but the alternative was much worse.