GI Joe vs Avengers

I just watched The Avengers yesterday (awesome movie, btw) and was thinking of something.

I think Rachel Nichols wasn't bad as Scarlett on the GI Joe movie, but I thought Scarlett Johansson (Black Widow from Iron Man/The Avengers) might have been a better candidate. She also could use her actual name, which would be cool...what do you folks think?

Rachel on the left, Scarlett on the right:

a2vdxx.jpg

It's a tough choice, as they are almost identical in some ways.

I like'em both, but I vote Scarlett Johansson. :drool:

totally with you on Scarlett Johansson. Never disliked a single pic she's been in, I'm always ingrigued and wanting to know where she'll take the movie next. Was hoping for great feed back on teh Avengers movie, I'll be in Washington this week, and will see it with family there... hoping for a loud, bif bam boom movie!

1kapow.gif

:)

gogo

They're a close tie. But Scarlett's got that smokin attitude

:devil:

gogo

p.s.So lucky DB...I have to hold out for a few days, but I'm psyched... I only saw a few seconds of a trailer, but the action looks amazing, maybe just as good as the Thor movie? ^^

They're a close tie. But Scarlett's got that smokin attitude

Amen to that!

Also, she kicks ass in the action sequences as the Black Widow.

She just looks so good in that black outfit of hers... :bow::wub:

So lucky DB...I have to hold out for a few days, but I'm psyched... I only saw a few seconds of a trailer, but the action looks amazing, maybe just as good as the Thor movie? ^^

Much better than Thor, it was great :)

I agree that Avengers was better than Thor. You should enjoy it, gogo.

-Agreed.

The only (small) disappointment I had with the movie was the fact that Edward Norton didn't play Bruce Banner. The guy who did play Banner this time around did a satisfactory job, but I personally like Norton better.

Well, now I'm off to buy a Black Widow action figure toy...:drool:

29e23wx.jpg

Scarlett Johansson

She is very successful because she has something special.

Her smokin' attitude would be classified as one of those special traits.

I remain, :agreed:

Scarlett Johansson

She is very successful because she has something special.

Her smokin' attitude would be classified as one of those special traits.

I remain, :agreed:

I really like her face, among other things... ;)

2gwcl6q.jpg

I almost forgot to mention that she'd also look great with bunny ears.

Edited by Omnicide

Just saw the Avengers AGAIN yesterday with Schot (first with mom in Maryland). This movie is incredible. Josh Whedon (of firefly and buffy the vampire fame and Serenity, rock on!) has an insanely tight script, I found myself just thrilled to be wanting to know where the action was going to go, the effects are pretty much the best in the business right now, Iron Man, dude in a suit, stealing the show with armory that just never stops to have us gasping, lovely Scarlet (ah yes, so lovely) just about steams any scene she's in, I mean... will anyone ever forget her dialogue tween Loki locked up and her... amazing!

don't want to give too much away, but SPOILER DO NOT READ FURTHER...

anyone agree with me on this... that huge robo monster at the end that flys out, I'm a huge dinosaur fan...it's a Mosasaur, right?

gogo

Just saw the Avengers AGAIN yesterday with Schot (first with mom in Maryland). This movie is incredible. Josh Whedon (of firefly and buffy the vampire fame and Serenity, rock on!) has an insanely tight script, I found myself just thrilled to be wanting to know where the action was going to go, the effects are pretty much the best in the business right now, Iron Man, dude in a suit, stealing the show with armory that just never stops to have us gasping, lovely Scarlet (ah yes, so lovely) just about steams any scene she's in, I mean... will anyone ever forget her dialogue tween Loki locked up and her... amazing!

don't want to give too much away, but SPOILER DO NOT READ FURTHER...

anyone agree with me on this... that huge robo monster at the end that flys out, I'm a huge dinosaur fan...it's a Mosasaur, right?

gogo

I love Serenity.

Also, not sure what that creature was from The Avengers, but could you imagine having one as a pet?

(Big, flying, armored creature on a leash: "What do you mean you're giving me a ticket Mr. Policeman?! He's on a leash for crying out loud!") :dntknw:

I'm sure it's a Mosasaur! (hope it is :D) ... and kudos to the team for using this ferocious underwater dinosaur from the late cretaceous if it was truly that... up to 60 feet long, and able to snap sharks up like toothpicks!

miller_mosasaur.jpg

varner01.jpg

gogo

I'm sure it's a Mosasaur! (hope it is :D) ... and kudos to the team for using this ferocious underwater dinosaur from the late cretaceous if it was truly that... up to 60 feet long, and able to snap sharks up like toothpicks!

miller_mosasaur.jpg

varner01.jpg

gogo

Being a comic book collector for most of my life with just over 30K in collection. I began reading the Avenger series from a very young age. Stopped collecting around '04. Unless this is a new creature for the Avengers to relinquish. Then I would say the creature is only for Hollywood, from Hollywood?

Can anyone verify? I do not recall ever reading about the Avengers fighting a "ferocious underwater dinosaur from the late cretaceous".

When I first read about a robot at the end of the movie I thought of Ultron first.

915982-anncon001022_col_medium.jpg

or the female version of Ultron.

Femaleultron.PNG

I remain, :inquire: