New to the PS3 version of the game

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've been around here (and awhile since I played sacred 2 for that matter) but after a friend got it for the PS3, I decided to pick it up for the console as well.

That said, I've been looking around to find information about what some of the key differences are between the PC and console platforms, but aside from the "bug/glitch" thread, I'm still pretty much lost. I'm particularly interested in the "rune eating" on the console versions, because I saw someone mention that console users had an edge based on "unlimited rune eating" and "allskills", which I'm not familiar with. What does that mean exactly? Are we able to use as many runes as we want and somehow negate the negative regen effects?

There's probably going to be plenty of other stuff I'm curious about, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. If any of you know of any gameplay elements that are different on the console version, I'd greatly appreciate the info :)

Thanks in advance, and I'd also like to take a moment to say that I'm really sorry about the PC servers being shut down recently :(. I just heard about it a couple of days ago. You guys are unlike any other community I've seen for an ARPG, with a passion for the game that rivals even very large mmorpgs, so it's a true shame that they pulled the plug on the closed servers. You're all still able to play on open, for coop I hope? Not that it's much a replacement, of course.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I found a page on the wiki listing a lot of the differences between the versions, but I still didn't see anything concerning the runes. I'm also curious about the attack speed being the factor on how fast combos are executed on the console versions. I'm playing a two-handed sword inquisitor (not dual wield like most), so I was wondering - will I be able to reach an attack speed that works well enough for combos, or is it better to just go without using them altogether and just use skills one by one?

Edited by Seilan

Welcome back to the joy that is Sacred!

Rune consumption on the consoles has penalties, just like the PC version. For some Combat Arts though, the benefits outweigh the penalties. Off hand, I can say I would love to have more than 200 runes in Grand Invigoration or Divine Protection.

On consoles, all combos are based off of attack speed, even if they are not weapon-based Combat Arts. That is a problem for a pure caster that does not have any weapon skills. If you have a weapon skill for your equipped weapon, or some other way to increase your attack speed, combos will do just fine.

Rune consumption on the consoles has penalties, just like the PC version. For some Combat Arts though, the benefits outweigh the penalties. Off hand, I can say I would love to have more than 200 runes in Grand Invigoration or Divine Protection.

On consoles, all combos are based off of attack speed, even if they are not weapon-based Combat Arts. That is a problem for a pure caster that does not have any weapon skills. If you have a weapon skill for your equipped weapon, or some other way to increase your attack speed, combos will do just fine.

Thanks for the welcome and info :)

Ah ok, that's what I figured as I noticed that one of my inquisitor's moves did in fact recharge more slowly after using an extra rune. I ended up remaking him (he was only 6) because of that. I'm still confused though, about the comment that said console versions had "unlimited rune eating" - do you have any idea what they meant by that? Something about "allskills" was also mentioned in relation to it, but I don't know anything about that either.

Thanks again for the help :).

In Ice and Blood, you are limited to only 200 runes, you simply are prohibited from consuming any more. On the consoles, you are free to consume as many as you want. For example, my ps3 Seraphim consumed 363 Divine Protection runes. My Ice and Blood could only have 200.

I know that All Skills was weakened in Ice and Blood, but I am afraid I do not know the specifics. Maybe someone else will happen along and be able to answer that question.

Made a little search, and THIS thread came up.

Quite big nerffing, I'd say. There's only few examples, but judging from those alone, consolers/pre-Ice&Blood gamers get lot more in form of boosts.

Not to complain personally, though, got used the Ice and Blood numbers.

Thanks for the welcome and info :)

Ah ok, that's what I figured as I noticed that one of my inquisitor's moves did in fact recharge more slowly after using an extra rune. I ended up remaking him (he was only 6) because of that. I'm still confused though, about the comment that said console versions had "unlimited rune eating" - do you have any idea what they meant by that? Something about "allskills" was also mentioned in relation to it, but I don't know anything about that either.

Thanks again for the help :).

So... the "unlimited" amount is 15 thousand someodd number of runes. IIRC it's 2 to the power of 32... but amassing that many runes without some type of glich or cheat seems quite improbable.

Stormwing's link explains the allskills... IIRC on the consoles you can get +30 allskills on one ring. Don't know about a double-dipper, though... +60 on one ring... how about those odds? :D

Happy Hunting!

So... the "unlimited" amount is 15 thousand someodd number of runes. IIRC it's 2 to the power of 32... but amassing that many runes without some type of glich or cheat seems quite improbable.

Stormwing's link explains the allskills... IIRC on the consoles you can get +30 allskills on one ring. Don't know about a double-dipper, though... +60 on one ring... how about those odds? :D

Happy Hunting!

2^32 is the maximum amount of gold I think. The maximum that a 32-bit integer can hold. (4,294,967,295)

As for the number of consumed runes: I thought I read somewhere that it was 2^16 (65,535). At least, this is the number that I've always had in my head. Of course, as you've already stated, it's highly unlikely that any of us will hit that cap.

As for All Skills+ rings/amulets: I believe it's +16 normally, so a double stacked would be +32.

This is considerably more than what those with Ice and Blood can get though.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Bargaining_Tips

Edited by Mystix123

Thanks a ton for all the info guys :). That was exactly what I was looking for.

By the way, any of you still play online (on the PS3) regularly? I was curious to know what the population was like these days. It seems like there's usually always a couple of low level games going, but I have no clue on the higher level activity. My friend and I were thinking of doing some grouping one of these days. It's a real shame that the game doesn't have text chat though =/.

Thanks again for the help everyone.

By the way, any of you still play online (on the PS3) regularly? I was curious to know what the population was like these days. It seems like there's usually always a couple of low level games going, but I have no clue on the higher level activity. My friend and I were thinking of doing some grouping one of these days. It's a real shame that the game doesn't have text chat though =/.

Randomly hosted, higher level play online is pretty much non-existent. I have friends that I play level 100+ games with every so often, but I've never come across a randomly hosted game post level 100. There is still a decent sized community out there though (with a recent influx since Diablo 3 is coming out and people want something to do until then), you just have to find them (here was a good start, but I'm also active on the GameFAQs boards which brings others in too).

I still play as often as I can (my schedule is a bit tight these days). Feel free to add me on the PSN (Mystix123). I should have at least 1 character that I could use to join up with you guys. I also have a headset, so voice chat is an option.

Randomly hosted, higher level play online is pretty much non-existent. I have friends that I play level 100+ games with every so often, but I've never come across a randomly hosted game post level 100. There is still a decent sized community out there though (with a recent influx since Diablo 3 is coming out and people want something to do until then), you just have to find them (here was a good start, but I'm also active on the GameFAQs boards which brings others in too).

I still play as often as I can (my schedule is a bit tight these days). Feel free to add me on the PSN (Mystix123). I should have at least 1 character that I could use to join up with you guys. I also have a headset, so voice chat is an option.

Arrg, that's a shame. I was hoping to see some regular activity in the higher levels too, but I guess I can't say I'm that surprised of the reality of it. With D3 coming out, it will most likely thin out even more.

This is completely unrelated, but speaking of other ARPGs, there's a fairly interesting one called Path of Exile coming out soon (hopefully) and they're having a public beta stress test this weekend (starting tomorrow). I haven't tried the game yet, so I figured I'd check it out and see how it is. Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone's interested.

Yeah, my schedule has been pretty hectic lately too, but once my friend and I start playing more regularly, maybe we can see about setting something up. Only problem is that the one mic I have is on the verge of death so it likely won't work very well if at all. I was hoping text chat might be an option with the chat system PSN uses (which I've heard can be used in-game, as long as the people are on your friendslist) but I still haven't confirmed if it works.

Hope you guys have a great weekend.

PSN text chat is an option, and it does work while you're in-game (including Sacred 2). I also have a keyboard, so this can work.

The only issue is that you have to go back to the XMB to type (which means that you can't control your character at the same time), which there is often little time for, so messages become far and few.

Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I've been around here (and awhile since I played sacred 2 for that matter) but after a friend got it for the PS3, I decided to pick it up for the console as well.

That said, I've been looking around to find information about what some of the key differences are between the PC and console platforms, but aside from the "bug/glitch" thread, I'm still pretty much lost. I'm particularly interested in the "rune eating" on the console versions, because I saw someone mention that console users had an edge based on "unlimited rune eating" and "allskills", which I'm not familiar with. What does that mean exactly? Are we able to use as many runes as we want and somehow negate the negative regen effects?

There's probably going to be plenty of other stuff I'm curious about, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. If any of you know of any gameplay elements that are different on the console version, I'd greatly appreciate the info :)

Thanks in advance, and I'd also like to take a moment to say that I'm really sorry about the PC servers being shut down recently :(. I just heard about it a couple of days ago. You guys are unlike any other community I've seen for an ARPG, with a passion for the game that rivals even very large mmorpgs, so it's a true shame that they pulled the plug on the closed servers. You're all still able to play on open, for coop I hope? Not that it's much a replacement, of course.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I found a page on the wiki listing a lot of the differences between the versions, but I still didn't see anything concerning the runes. I'm also curious about the attack speed being the factor on how fast combos are executed on the console versions. I'm playing a two-handed sword inquisitor (not dual wield like most), so I was wondering - will I be able to reach an attack speed that works well enough for combos, or is it better to just go without using them altogether and just use skills one by one?

I just got back from my holidays too, and see you've been courted well by our Sacred fans^^ Just wanted to welcome you back to the game and these boards!

:)

gogo

I just got back from my holidays too, and see you've been courted well by our Sacred fans^^ Just wanted to welcome you back to the game and these boards!

:)

gogo

Thanks gogo, glad to be back :). I have to admit, it's been so long since I last played that I was a bit lost when I started playing again. But thanks to all the incredible information on this forum, I've already got my builds figured out again!

This is a great place, and I'm glad to see that it's still active :).