Hello and Introductions

Hey Everyone.

Well, I started Sacred 2 a week or so back and finding it very daunting at the moment.

Have put about 25 hrs into the Shadow Warrior char and he is level 28 now. All attributes have been added to Str and have selected Sword and Shield as skills with Astral (*2). All upgrades added evenly.

I have read through a fair bit of the site from creating various level shoppers to creating a BFG Seraphim chacter.

My question is this, what is the best way to approach the game ?

Was thinking of the following:-

1. Complete Dark Campaign on Silver using Shadow Warrior. Do all available side quests, raid every item, cave, etc. Spend a lot of time here.

2. Do bronze run with Seraphim with less than 20% of map visited.

3. Do Light Campaign with Seraphim character on Silver.

4. Do either campaign with new character without getting killed - use Shadow Warrior and do on bronze.

The game is so big and trophies so varied, its hard to tell how to do it.

Also, teh game is very detailed and trying to get my head around the skills, CA, Attributes, weapons, etc.

Very daunting.

All in all, loving it and can see many hundreds of hours grinding away.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Zorton

Welcome aboard!

I guess it all depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want to complete the campaign with the least map discovered, Bronze would be a good difficulty to do it. I would not recommend doing 100% of everything on Silver. I think you will quickly exceed the level cap.

Hey Everyone.

Well, I started Sacred 2 a week or so back and finding it very daunting at the moment.

Have put about 25 hrs into the Shadow Warrior char and he is level 28 now. All attributes have been added to Str and have selected Sword and Shield as skills with Astral (*2). All upgrades added evenly.

I have read through a fair bit of the site from creating various level shoppers to creating a BFG Seraphim chacter.

My question is this, what is the best way to approach the game ?

Was thinking of the following:-

1. Complete Dark Campaign on Silver using Shadow Warrior. Do all available side quests, raid every item, cave, etc. Spend a lot of time here.

2. Do bronze run with Seraphim with less than 20% of map visited.

3. Do Light Campaign with Seraphim character on Silver.

4. Do either campaign with new character without getting killed - use Shadow Warrior and do on bronze.

The game is so big and trophies so varied, its hard to tell how to do it.

Also, teh game is very detailed and trying to get my head around the skills, CA, Attributes, weapons, etc.

Very daunting.

Zorton

First off, welcome to the forum, Zorton! :)

I'm still fairly new to Sacred 2, but what I've been doing really depends on the type of character I'm playing. I've been starting them off in Bronze for the first 5 levels if they're a strong melee type (Seraphim/Shadow Warrior dual-wield builds, for example), and then moving on to Silver. If they are a weaker, or experimental type of character starting off (any of the other classes) then I usually stay in Bronze until about 10th level. I found that doing Bronze much longer than 10th level became too easy and somewhat boring, as you didn't find much good loot or runes. I see no problem with checking every nook and cranny and also doing all the quests. I've been doing the same myself and have yet to finish the game on any difficulty. The only time I'd do all the main quests and skip the lesser stuff is if I've already been through the game on both Light and Dark campaigns, as many of the veterans here like to do. Then it's a race to the higher difficulties where more powerful items can be obtained.

Opinions may vary, but I think what you're doing is great, as long as you're having fun. ;):cool:

Opinions may vary, but I think what you're doing is great, as long as you're having fun. ;):cool:

Second this motion. Welcome aboard mate.

I remain, Etherian

Hi and welcome :)

For several of the achievements like Scrooge, Survivalist and Dedicated are easiest to do on Bronze. I wouldn't spend any more time otherwise in Bronze especially if you're comfortable with game and combat mechanics. I tend to do most of my questing/exploration in Gold. It will take a looooong time to do all quests and you'll max out enemies in Silver too quickly. But as others have said, it's more about having fun :)

Cheers guys.

Have never played a top-down rpg like this before. May buy the Sacred 2 CE on PC further down the line, but for now I am happy to be grinding on PS3.

New to this so hoping this post is a reply to all 3 hellos :)

Regards,

Z

Very daunting.

Zorton

Hundreds? Think thousands! And welcome to DarkMatters, Zorton!

:)

gogo