Stress Test - Aug 15

Max, I was not able to access your link. It prompted me to log on, and I do not have a Facebook account. I went looking and found the details, so here they are for all the other luddites like me who do not Facebook:

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Wednesday, August 15 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

Just about the worst possible timing for me. :sigh:

Max, I was not able to access your link. It prompted me to log on, and I do not have a Facebook account. I went looking and found the details, so here they are for all the other luddites like me who do not Facebook:

We will be conducting a stress test tomorrow Wednesday, August 15 from 12:00 Noon PACIFIC Time to 4:00 PM PACIFIC Time.

Funny the link worked fine for me and I refuse to belong to any "social" networking site.

How about

http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2

Sorry for the non-working link, I thought the link I did was the same you did in the other topics.

Not a great timing for me (not that bad though), but does that mean that you won't attend at all?

Max

Max, were you logged in to Facebook when you grabbed that link? If so, that may have had something to do with it. I am on my PC now, so I see that you put the times in the thread tag. The mobile skin does not show those, so I had to go looking for the times. That answers my question as to why you did not include the times. :blush:

If I get off work on time, I should have about half an hour at the very end. In the one hour test over the weekend, I managed to test the Mesmer's harpoon (:woot:) and revisit the Elementalist's Scepter (still :nono:). So I guess I might be able to come up with something to do for 30 minutes. I do still want to try dagger/dagger with my Ele.

Max, were you logged in to Facebook when you grabbed that link?

Yes I was.

I am on my PC now, so I see that you put the times in the thread tag. The mobile skin does not show those, so I had to go looking for the times. That answers my question as to why you did not include the times. :blush:

Yea I decided to put the times in the thread tag this time, I don't know why.

If I get off work on time, I should have about half an hour at the very end. In the one hour test over the weekend, I managed to test the Mesmer's harpoon (:woot:) and revisit the Elementalist's Scepter (still :nono:). So I guess I might be able to come up with something to do for 30 minutes. I do still want to try dagger/dagger with my Ele.

I saw your vid with the harpoon, and could you please tell us why is it still a no-no with the Elementalist scepter? I want your particular point of view.

Max

Edited by Flooxim

I saw your vid with the harpoon, and could you please tell us why is it still a no-no with the Elementalist scepter? I want your particular point of view.

Max

The short answer regarding the scepter is that it just seems to require too much effort for what you get out of it. I do not normally post solo videos (the harpoon video was uploaded to settle an argument about underwater clones), but let me see if I can put together a video of my scepter practice.

Woot! New laptop came in today and I'll hopefully be able to send it through a couple test runs tomorrow! :D

Don't forget to take pics of the game with it! We'll be there to help if anything goes wrong.

The short answer regarding the scepter is that it just seems to require too much effort for what you get out of it. I do not normally post solo videos (the harpoon video was uploaded to settle an argument about underwater clones), but let me see if I can put together a video of my scepter practice.

I'd like to see a video of it. I didn't get to see any Elementalist fight with a scepter.

Max

Lujate, your video points out that this game is not something you can solo, unlike Guild Wars. You were in a level 7 - 8 area and by yourself you were having difficulty with these beasts just one on one. :sigh: We really need to party in Guild Wars 2, who knows what we will hit in the level 35 - 50 areas.

Bad timing for me onn the stress test. No chance to play at all. I can not wait until the 25th when I will finally be able to play when ever I feel like it. Speaking of the early start on the 25th of this month, does anyone know what time the servers will actually let us sign on and start to play?

Sigh, don't think I will be on at all now for the test... have a 11:45 & a 3:00 appt. Maybe If I'm very lucky I'll get 30 mins between the two where I can log on and see if everything runs smoothly.

Bad timing for me onn the stress test. No chance to play at all. I can not wait until the 25th when I will finally be able to play when ever I feel like it. Speaking of the early start on the 25th of this month, does anyone know what time the servers will actually let us sign on and start to play?

Found this via the link to Guildwars2 on facebook http://www.facebook.com/GuildWars2 .

"Pre-Purchase with 3-Day Headstart: Everyone who pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 will enjoy three full days of Headstart Access. The three-day Headstart Access will officially begin at 0:00 AM Pacific time (GMT -7:00) on August 25th. However, please note that in order to ensure that we’re fully prepared for that fateful hour we may bring servers online up to 3 hours prior. If you’re a player committed to getting in first to grab that character name of your dreams you’ll want to be keeping an eye on things during that time period."

Guess who will be attempting to log in late Friday (CDT) starting at about 23:00 Friday. :Just_Cuz_21:

This is awesome news Wygram! I had been planniing on a nap after work next Friday and then getting up at 2AM to check on game status. But in this case I will probably plan on a fresh pot of coffee and some good hours of gaming before heading to bed instead. This news really made my day. Thanks again. :woot:

The test ended more than one hour ago, and I must say it went pretty well. The devs organised two "mini-events" where as many players as possible need to be at the same location. We didn't participate in these events, we were too busy fighting a Champion Krait Witch that killed me & Wygram at least 15 times each. I'll see if I can post useful footage of today's test.

Max

Well Dagger/Dagger Elementalist seemed viable, although it does put you almost in melee range, which can be a little dangerous.

Max, let me know what footage you have, so we do not post redundant videos.

Just wanted to throw out here that this stress test went super smooth, no need to fool around with drivers and whatnot to get the graphics up and running. Less lag on my end, but whether that was from better internet connection or less people ingame, who knows. Just waiting for the headset to come in to get on Voice Chat with you guys :)

Well Dagger/Dagger Elementalist seemed viable, although it does put you almost in melee range, which can be a little dangerous.

It did seem a little dangerous indeed, but viable, we just need the right skills at the right moment.

Max, let me know what footage you have, so we do not post redundant videos.

I recorded all of my playtime today (~88 minutes), and I'd say we played 30 minutes together. I'm gonna go check what has potential to make a video of. I was not sure if I would post this kind of footage, since we were in the Sylvari area all the time, it might be some kind of spoiler.

Just wanted to throw out here that this stress test went super smooth, no need to fool around with drivers and whatnot to get the graphics up and running. Less lag on my end, but whether that was from better internet connection or less people ingame, who knows. Just waiting for the headset to come in to get on Voice Chat with you guys :)

It's great to know you had your problems solved last time, and that the game is running smoothly right now. Too bad we missed each other, we could have used your help against that Champion Krait Witch in the Sylvari area. I didn't get any lag at all during the test, and I can't wait for you to voicechat with us :)

EDIT : Here's a first video with Wygram & I fighting a Female Mosquito. At first, this fight reminded me of the Wasp Queen fight, but this one was way easier :

I'm aware that we hear French audio in the video, I might also change it to English for the release.

EDIT2 : 1,000th post! Yay! :BlobRed:

Max

Edited by Flooxim

EDIT : Here's a first video with Wygram & I fighting a Female Mosquito. At first, this fight reminded me of the Wasp Queen fight, but this one was way easier :

You are right, much easier! The Wasp Queen is always a real tough fight.

Congrats on 1000 posts. :thumbsup: