Guild Wars 2 - Guild Bank

FDM now has a 50 slot Guild Vault. The guild banker is normally found near the regular banker.

I have the permissions set so all Darkmatters members have deposit and withdrawal permissions. I look at the Guild Vault as community property. Deposit what you can, and take what you need. We need to discuss guild funds, so please no coin withdrawals for now.

Edit:

Mule retired 22 Oct 12

• Like! 1

Looks like our generosity exceeds the capacity of our bank. :biggrin: In one day, we filled the bank.

We have a number of low-level mats for Chef and Jeweler. If you are leveling those crafts, see if we have something that can help. Personally, my Jeweler is too high for the mats we have, and I have not started my Chef yet (although I guess I should).

I cleared the low level jewels and food out of the bank, auctioned and deposited the proceeds back into the guild bank. I know that lujate is too high level for the jewels, but I did not see any chefs in our guild so I spent the food stuffs. I have many more to deposit (low level jewels and food stuffs), so just lemme know what you need.

Sry if this caused in inconvenience, but there just was no more room left!

• Like! 1

No need to apologize for being generous.

I now have an alt that is a level 0 Chef. If you have more mats, deposit them. I will cook them up, sell them and deposit the proceeds (since I cannot mail them out to offline guild members).

heh, thanks Lujate. I'll deposit what I can. Strangely enough - I also started an alt for cooking... :Just_Cuz_21:

But it's very costly! looks like most of the ingredients are bought at the cooking vendors. My main reason for cooking is to invest in some dyes, since my main is really struggling to find dye drops! And then there is the buffs to be had... but I'll explain in another thread.

Due to overcrowding in the bank, I am instituting the following new rule:

Crafting mats that sit in the bank for one week will be sold and the proceeds deposited into the guild bank.

Crafting mats that sit in the bank for one week will be sold and the proceeds deposited into the guild bank.

Good idea, but I've also been depositing lots of low-level green items without actually knowing if these would be used or not. What can we do about that?

Max

Good idea, but I've also been depositing lots of low-level green items without actually knowing if these would be used or not. What can we do about that?

Max

Good question. I think I will start another alt next week, and use her as a mule until we get a larger bank. I will just post her inventory so people will know what she is holding.

I have started off-loading some items to a mule (see first post for the current list).

I am organizing the bank from the oldest to the newest items, left to right and top down. The oldest items will be in the upper left and the newest at the bottom right. Please add new items at the end.

• 2 weeks later...

I have rearranged the bank slightly, putting all the yellow items at the top. I will only be rotating green items into the mule. Yellow (and better I guess) will remain in the bank.

• 2 weeks later...

My mule is down to only three slots free. Tomorrow evening, I will liquidate her inventory and start off-loading items again. If anyone wants any of the items she is holding, speak now or forever hold your piece.

I'd like to have these for my Warrior :

Mighty Worn Scale Boots of Vampirism (Heavy), L14, 28, +4 Power

Mighty Worn Scale Coat of Greneth (Heavy), L14, 56, +11 Power

Malign Glyphic Axe of Agony, L14, 186-227, +10 Condition Dmg

Minor Rune of Strength, +10 Power, +10% Might Duration

Minor Sigil of Blood, 10% Chance on Critical: Steal Health

Minor Rune of Hoelbrak, +10 Power, +10% Might Duration

Mighty Worn Scale Legs of the Flock, L14, 37, +7 Power

Malign Glyphic Mace of Agony, L14, 194-219, +10 Condition Dmg

Would it help if I also create a mule?

Max

The items are in the mail Max.

Would it help if I also create a mule?

I think we are just accumulating too much stuff no one wants. Most of these things have been gathering dust for almost a month.

I'd say they've been gathering dust mostly because we were not a lot of players. There has been a lot of new guild members in the last week or two so they might gather less dust from now on. We just need to find a way to make the items more visible.

Max

I'd say they've been gathering dust mostly because we were not a lot of players. There has been a lot of new guild members in the last week or two so they might gather less dust from now on. We just need to find a way to make the items more visible.

Max

I think it is more the fact that GW2 is not gear grind game.

Should we convince all the other guild members to join Fergusson's Crossing then? We got told that lag is not significant.

I would encourage all members who picked their server because of lag to transfer to Ferguson's Crossing and try it for themselves. They can also go back if they do experience more lag.

We also have members on other NA servers, as well as NA members on EU servers. Those players most likely picked their server for reasons other than lag, and I doubt they will be willing to change.

A few things I've observed:

• Blue items never get used, not worth wasting guild bank space
  • Green items are rarely taken out, only a few are worth putting in guild bank (it's far cheaper to just buy them)
  • Yellow items are always worth depositing, someone will definitely grab them :)

• Crafting mats are just too numerous to be practical in the guild bank, especially cooking.
  • Having a few specific ingredients in the bank is useful if you craft certain items on demand or for guild use (rare potion/food ingredients, or rare exotic ingredients)

A few things I've observed:

• Blue items never get used, not worth wasting guild bank space
  • Green items are rarely taken out, only a few are worth putting in guild bank (it's far cheaper to just buy them)
  • Yellow items are always worth depositing, someone will definitely grab them :)

• Crafting mats are just too numerous to be practical in the guild bank, especially cooking.
  • Having a few specific ingredients in the bank is useful if you craft certain items on demand or for guild use (rare potion/food ingredients, or rare exotic ingredients)

Sounds like some good advise for us.

No use putting stuff into a bank if all it is going to do is collect dust, makes sense. :D

This is what we've noticing about the guild bank during the past month. Guess we'll have to find out what's in demand and deposit items/mats that will really be useful.

Max

Regarding mats in the guild bank:

In a few weeks (hopefully) we will have the first bank expansion. At that time, we should have room for some mats.

I think cooking has just too many different mats, so as a general rule should be avoided.

Core mats (like cloth, leather, ore and wood) are not normally in short supply, so I would think only large stacks of those should go in the bank. Typically it is things like blood, claws and gems that are hard to come by.

Over the weekend, we started building the prerequisite upgrade for the next bank expansion. Now we just need to save enough Influence for the expansion itself.