No sleeping on the job. lol

So there I am plugging away.

I've got my first dedicated character that I plan on taking all the way up to Niob (a HE) up to 42 on Silver and we're nearing the end of the jungle.

This Mayita DeElfici lady is supposed to meet me over by the docks somewhere.

I get there talk to her and her sis and finally after a week of grinding out this quest chain I get my ashiny new Merciless Avenger.

ROCK ON!

So I take the staff to the blacksmith toss in a few baubles, sell off a bunch of junk and... then I wake up on the couch, 360 controller still in hand, 7 hours later, and the game is off.

Curios, I turn it back on.)

On the continue screen I note she's still got her old weapon setup.

In game I check her inventory.

All the old stuff is there still, every last little a scrap of 1 slot and no slot junk I pulled off the fallen corpses of my enemies.

No staff though.

Check quest log. Shows the class quest as having been completed and even tells me I was given the staff...

Neither of the DeElficis will speak to me....

Sooooo.... Guess I should do this one again when I hit gold difficulty, huh? oi. lol

I need to remember to save more often instead of just relying on the games post mission auto-saves. >.<

Edited by Killibot 5000

Ouch. I feel for you. Being OCD about saving, I can't say I've had this happen to me personally, but it still sucks.

The post-quest auto-save is just before you get the reward from the quest, so it doesn't save the experience/gold/loot you get from it. So, it looks like you'll be doing it again on Gold, unfortunately.

Oh okay, I'd glanced over that thread once before but I wasn't sure if those tables were accurate for an unpatched version or not since it seems like a lot of stuff had been changed with the patch.

Thanks for the suggestion. :D

The findings should hold for an unpatched version (at least, the Orc Cave > Jungle finding does, never tested the Great Machine run).

Just a warning about the Orc Cave though: Squishy characters tend to die easily. Potion spamming can be your friend.

Edited by Mystix123

I would say a fire HE on her mount will get the most XP per hour doing either Jungle or SE Swamp runs... Jungle can be easier, as some of the puddles in the swamp nerf your flame wave. Ice elves should probably find best results in the Orc cave, but with a much higher chance of getting killed as opposed to swamp or jungle.

As a side-note... there is not a lot of difference in the console patch versions. For PC, many major changes came "frequently", so there are lots of things to consider depending on the patch version; but notsomuch for consoles.

I would say a fire HE on her mount will get the most XP per hour doing either Jungle or SE Swamp runs... Jungle can be easier, as some of the puddles in the swamp nerf your flame wave. Ice elves should probably find best results in the Orc cave, but with a much higher chance of getting killed as opposed to swamp or jungle.

I agree with the above advice.

Note that if you're using Blazing Tempest, I'd suggest entirely disconnecting from the internet before starting the game. As in: You should unplug the ethernet cord, or turn off your wireless completely.

Anything which requires the game to do a lot of calculations at once (such as Blazing Tempest) can lead to the game crashing. Being disconnected from the internet greatly raises the threshold. Additionally, saving often lowers the amount of data held in memory (thus raising the threshold) and keeping a limit to the number of items in your Hero Chest will help also.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Build is a fire/ice hybrid, so I've been using the cave.

Has worked out great so far, got 4 levels out of it and was able to toss some more points into Pyro and Stormite Focus to cut down my recharge times.

Also ended up with 3 pieces from the ancestor set that I ended up slotting for more defense and extra points into GI, so that helped a ton.

I won't say that it made the Nameless ones a breeze, but it definately made them a lot more manageable

Was just enough to let me kill them by stunning them with IS and then kiting around them spamming GT until IS had recharged. :D

Internet is currently a no-go for me however (I only have net access through my phone and lack a Wi-Fi adapter for the 360, so I'm not able to use my phone as a hot spot currently) but once I do get connected I'll be sure to keep what you said about it being a memory hog in mind.

Hero chest though... I'll have to spend some time on cleaning that out I suppose.

Hero chest though... I'll have to spend some time on cleaning that out I suppose.

Keep in mind that the issue is caused by a raw number of items, not by the weight value. I've been able to keep a weight of around 1600 without many issues, but when I see slow down, I know it's time to deal with some rings/amulets/runes (mainly runes).

See this thread for more details: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19253-connection-between-lagcrashing-and-hero-chest/

Yeah, I can see how raw numbers would cause some slow down as the game would need to keep individual track of the data for each item.

Seems somewhat logical.

Never really considered that weight could be a factor unless it was in my personal inventory though.

Would make sense that carrying x number pounds/kilos of gear or more would slow your character down, however I never really considered it (weight) potentially having an effect on play while stored in the hero chest.

I will have to do a little testing on it myself as well to see how it compares to the results listed in the other topic. Figure out what my system's thresholds are like.

I wonder if the amount of data stored on individual player profiles or having the game installed/not installed on the HDD could affect the slow down from items as well?

o.O?

Side note: I picked up a wifi adapter the other day and tethered my 360 to my phone long enough to apply the update.

Is there a thread or change log list somewhere that shows EVERYTHING added or altered that anyone knows of?

I'm aware that it was mainly bug fixes and same console trading added, but I also noticed that pre-patch the white Griffin wouldn't spawn for me and post-patch he's there.

Has me wondering if any other actual content was added.

Edited by Killibot 5000

Here is the "official" patch notes as reported at Sacred International.

And, frequent crashing is not solely limited to your playerchest being crammed full of runes (ie it is the # of items, not the total weight), but definitely is a contributing, maybe even a major factor. The amount of stuff on the toon IIRC didn't have a big impact, but the most obvious one is the number of modifiers you are using. Combined with hitting multiple opponents at the same time... Blazing Tempest, Firey Ember and Icy Evanescence were the ones I managed to get to crash my PS3 every time I cast one.

I've had a similar problem where the game randomly crashed immediately after collecting Boneslicer. The auto-save meant the quest was complete but I had no reward. So, I feel your pain.