Borderlands 2

My pre-order (PS3 version) was shipped out this afternoon and should arrive in my mailbox at work by the afternoon.

Anyone else going to get Borderlands 2 tomorrow?

Right now, the Assassin looks the most interesting to me, but I'm highly biased (as I played the Hunter in the first one). Hopefully this one will be a bit more forgiving for sniping online...had to over-compensate for movement due to latency.

The game of a million guns! I don't think I can dig out any time for another game right now, but when Sacred 2 came out, loads of peeps were comparing Sacred 2 to Borderlands.

Here's to hoping for a great, fun release!

:)

gogo

Sacred 2 > Borderlands. :P

Actually, the random loot generator for the 1st Borderlands was too restrictive to allow the game to be the "Sacred 2 Killer". Hopefully this changes for Borderlands 2, so that I have 2 games to split my time between in the long run.

Still waiting for my copy to arrive via Purolator. It's on route according to the update.

Unfortunately, I have a meeting at 1 PM, another at 2:30 PM, and a class to teach at 8 PM. I'll have time in between to play though! (Thankfully I live about 10 minutes walk away from the university.)

Sacred 2 > Borderlands. :P

Actually, the random loot generator for the 1st Borderlands was too restrictive to allow the game to be the "Sacred 2 Killer".

I also remember that the sheer amount of content in Sacred 2 was a massive plus when comparing the two. Borderland had bigger map, lots of guns, but huge amount of spaces that were not as detailed and filled in as with Sacred 2?

:)

gogo

It's hard to compare the map size of each game. If the first Borderlands had a bigger map size than Sacred 2, then it's not by much. As you mentioned, much of that space was empty (to make the vehicles useful). Borderlands 2 might have a bigger map than Sacred 2 though, but it's feeling like a lot of empty space still (thus far).

The first Borderlands had a lot of guns, yes, but most of them were small upgrades on each other. I felt that their random loot generator was a little too restricted, so I often found multiple of the same gun (e.g. pistol with the same damage, reload speed, accuracy and clip size) in the shop at one time. I'm finding Borderlands 2 greatly improved this, though I'm still needing to level up a few times before I find a decent replacement to my old weapons (whereas I could upgrade weapons almost every level in Sacred 2).

Thus far, Borderlands 2 is fun and will be well worth the money and time spent (much like the 1st).

Will it replace Sacred 2 as my "fallback" game though? I doubt it.

• 11 months later...

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Confirmed (release 11. october 2013)

39,99 € PC 59,99€ XBOX/PS3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/borderlands-2-game-of-the-year-edition-confirmed

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/borderlands-2/news/borderlands_2,46722,3027222.html (german)

»Game of the Year «-Edition von Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands 2 Main Game

• Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty

• Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage

• Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt

• Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep

• Creature Slaughter Dome

• Premiere Club Content

• Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class

• Gearbox Gun Pack

• Golden Key

• Vault Hunter’s Relic

• Krieg, the Psycho Character Class

• Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins

• Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1.

• Like! 1

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Confirmed (release 11. october 2013)

39,99 € PC 59,99€ XBOX/PS3

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/28/borderlands-2-game-of-the-year-edition-confirmed

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/borderlands-2/news/borderlands_2,46722,3027222.html (german)

»Game of the Year «-Edition von Borderlands 2
  • Borderlands 2 Main Game

• Captain Scarlett and her Pirate’s Booty

• Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage

• Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt

• Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep

• Creature Slaughter Dome

• Premiere Club Content

• Gaige, the Mechromancer Character Class

• Gearbox Gun Pack

• Golden Key

• Vault Hunter’s Relic

• Krieg, the Psycho Character Class

• Collector’s Edition Heads and Skins

• Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1.

This is quite the deal, considering all the individual DLC puts the price point well over $100 :)

• 4 months later...