Guild Wars 2 - Next Guild Upgrade (15 Oct 12)

5 members have voted

1. 1. Where should we spend our Influence next?

• Deep Cave (bank expansion) - 30K Influence
    • Guild Weapons Contract - 6K Influence
    • Temporary buffs - 500 Influence each

Over the weekend, we purchased the first guild bank upgrade. When complete, it will expand our bank from 50 slots to 150 slots. Now we need to decide where to spend our Influence next. Below are the likely candidates.

• Deep Cave (bank expansion) - 30K Influence
    The Deep Cave will expand your treasure trove by another 100 slots.
  • Guild Weapons Contract - 6K Influence
    Allows guild members to purchase weapon items that display the guild emblem. Vendors are available in major cities.
  • Temporary buffs - 500 Influence each (List of buffs)
    Economy upgrades include guild-wide buffs for increasing item drop rates, karma or experience gain, and other economic boosts.

The current expansion will be finished next weekend, so we have until next week to decide.

Alright, so weapons are not visible enough for me to make the Guild Weapons Contract worth it in my option. I do think a few select boosts will help us on Saturdays when we'll get to play together (Karma/Influence boosts), but more storage is always great, so I voted Deep Cave.

Max

I went for buffs. Since all of us are always broke, it would be nice to get more karma, magic find, and to gather more mats. So change your vote guys :P

Plus they are much cheaper and easier to get for a small amount. The next vault will take us forever.

Edited by Kiyeri

I don't have a real problem with buffs, but several are short duration. Which leads to the problem of when does it get used? With members across the world if we fire off the buff in alignment with North America our European members get hosed and vise versa.

If we go the buff route then we should also consider adding the "Guild Workshop" to the Architecture, so we could build and fire off both magic find and experience buffs or whatever two buffs we feel we could use.

Just my two cents, I will be happy whichever way we go.

The upper end buffs could be useful.

+5% Kill experience for 24 Hours Improves all guild experience gain from kills by 5% for 24 hours. 500 Influence 24 Hours

+10% Magic Find for 72 hours +10% Magic Find for 72 hours For 72 hours guild members have 10% better chance to find rare loot. 500 Influence Guild Research 36 Hours

Research Economy Level 4 Research Economy Level 4 Increase your guild's skill in Economy to Level 4 10,000 Influence Guild Research 96 Hours

+10% Gathering Bonus for 48 Hours +10% Gathering Bonus for 48 Hours For 48 hours guild members have 10% better chance to find rare materials from mining, logging, and harvesting. 500 Influence Guild Research 32 Hours

+15% Karma for 24 hrs +15% Karma for 24 hrs For 24 hours, your guild receives an additional 15% karma from dynamic events. 500 Influence Guild Research 48 Hours

These upgrades are amazing! I feel guilty for voting, my toon level is so low, but Iphone 5 has left the premises, I'll be on the servers more often, hopefully can find lowbies to help me toddle along

:pitcher:

gogo

These upgrades are amazing! I feel guilty for voting, my toon level is so low, but Iphone 5 has left the premises, I'll be on the servers more often, hopefully can find lowbies to help me toddle along

:pitcher:

gogo

Actually the down leveling works fairly well so any of us who are online can explore with anyone else - provided we stay some where in the range of the lowest level player. Would not want to take a level 6 and go into a level 15 area would we Max? :whistle:

Actually Wygram, our guild influence and what we do with it only counts for us on Ferguson's Crossing. It does not transfer cross server unfortunately, therefore anyone on a different server has their own to configure the way they want.

Actually Wygram, our guild influence and what we do with it only counts for us on Ferguson's Crossing. It does not transfer cross server unfortunately, therefore anyone on a different server has their own to configure the way they want.

True. But I was thinking about Ed, Arperum and forgive me I don't have GW2 up to look up his name but we also gained another transfer to Furguson's crossing when Arperum transfer over from the EU.

I'm easy with any upgrade really, but I suppose that an additional 100 guild bank slots would be a little overkill at this stage. But between Guild bank and buffs, because it does not look as if any of the other routes would offer much of a muchness?

How long do these buff banners remain available? If there are buffs that last 24Hrs and I tag it on hour 23 after it's been pegged down, do I only get 1Hr's worth of buff or does it last 24Hrs but the banner disappears after the 24Hrs expire?

How long do these buff banners remain available? If there are buffs that last 24Hrs and I tag it on hour 23 after it's been pegged down, do I only get 1Hr's worth of buff or does it last 24Hrs but the banner disappears after the 24Hrs expire?

I am not sure how long the banners remain, the wiki does not say. It looks like all of them give only a 30 minute buff. I imagine if you touch the banner before it expires, you get the full duration.

I think the buffs start to get good when you get down to these (although they have higher prerequisites):

• +5% Kill experience for 24 Hours
  • +10% Magic Find for 72 hours
  • +10% Gathering Bonus for 48 Hours
  • +15% Karma for 24 hrs

I'm not sure of the specifics but its not a one time use is it? We could take turns as to when it becomes active. Guess I should read up on it all, I just really haven't had much free time other then the few hours I play GW2 in the evening.(and I'm not inclined to give that up :tongue:)

I'm not sure of the specifics but its not a one time use is it? We could take turns as to when it becomes active. Guess I should read up on it all, I just really haven't had much free time other then the few hours I play GW2 in the evening.(and I'm not inclined to give that up :tongue:)

AFAIK, they are one-time use buffs that apply to all representing guild members for the specified duration (for example if it starts at 00:01 GMT on Friday, it lasts until 00:001 GMT on Saturday). If we go the buff route, we will have to decide on how to time them.

Edited by lujate
Further clarification

Just a thought, but would it not be wiser to get the 2 research at a time upgrade before the buffs? Because the buffs are only 500 a piece, we could then have 2 buffs goin at the same time and get our money's worth?

Just a thought, but would it not be wiser to get the 2 research at a time upgrade before the buffs? Because the buffs are only 500 a piece, we could then have 2 buffs goin at the same time and get our money's worth?

Yes

I'm changing my vote... female prerogative :P

Since I thought Buffs were permanent with a 24hr cool down, and come to find out they are one time user for 24hrs, I think it is better to get the things that are permanent first before we waste time on the things that are one time use only. Even tho those things would be nice to have.

EDIT:

Oh, forgot to mention I can't actually/physically change my vote.... but I would if I could.

Edited by Kiyeri