Holloween

Halloween update and patch notes

I like:

Added karma rewards to daily and monthly achievements.

Guardian some welcome changes and I'm sure Lujate will appreciate mesmer update:

Phase Retreat: This skill should no longer teleport players into geometry or other places they shouldn’t be getting into.

Unfortunately no mention of a bug fix to the option 2 AC dungeon...

only:

Fixed an area where players could get outside the map in the Flooded Temple.

Too bad about the dungeon bug, I'd guess it' slightly more complicated than we think. Yay for the daily karma rewards, and the update has nothing that really affects my Ele.

Max

The devs will be adding one (maybe more) new Mystic Forge recipes :

“Our Halloween celebrations are in full swing, costume brawls are aplenty and the Shadow of the Mad King is falling across Tyria. Because we are as excited as you are, we will add another opportunity for you to get shiny Halloween goodies.

You will be glad to hear that we are adding recipes to the Mystic Forge that will allow you to throw stuff you get from the Black Lion Chests into it to get a special Halloween chest (no key needed for this one). These chests will include Halloween specific loot and give you a second chance to get one of the terrifying, rare Halloween skins. Here is the recipe we will add:

You need 1 Candy Corn, 6 Mystery Tonics, 1 Boost (any), 1 Boost (any) to get a Mad King Chest.

We hope you like this gruesome addition, we will let you know immediately when they will be in the game – enjoy the celebrations!”

Max

https://forum-en.gui...lloween-Goodies

"Our Halloween celebrations are in full swing, costume brawls are aplenty and the Shadow of the Mad King is falling across Tyria. Because we are as excited as you are, we will add another opportunity for you to get shiny Halloween goodies.

You will be glad to hear that we are adding recipes to the Mystic Forge that will allow you to throw stuff you get from the Black Lion Chests into it to get a special Halloween chest (no key needed for this one). These chests will include Halloween specific loot and give you a second chance to get one of the terrifying, rare Halloween skins. Here is the recipe we will add:

You need 1 Candy Corn, 6 Mystery Tonics, 1 Boost (any), 1 Boost (any) to get a Mad King Chest.

We hope you like this gruesome addition, we will let you know immediately when they will be in the game – enjoy the celebrations!"

http://www.reddit.co...t_bags_for_the/

A BIG HEADS UP: It would appear as of this morning, ANet patched out any of the nodes of ToT bags from LA. The diving board one still works due to it not having a physical node to interact with. Maybe they're fixing them so they're account bound, maybe they're removing them. Either way, sorry to any newcomers, there's less bags in the world now! As for outside LA, I'll log in later and check and update this post accordingly!

Big thanks to etayn for this map she (sorry!) created of ToT bag points and pumpkins in LA!http://I.imgur.com/wVShS.jpg

So, many of you will have finished Act I by now and will probably be waiting for the next one to use your Candy Corn Powered detector again. Well, did you know that it discovers other little hidden spots too? Take, for instance, the diving board in Lions Arch. If you walk onto it and use the Aqueous field scan (number 1) an interaction glimmer will appear off the edge. Interacting with this creates a tunnel of fire rings, which if jumped through rewards the jumper with 5 Personalized ToT bags. Has anyone discovered any other similar secrets?

Found and confirmed so far (I do not attest to being able to draw arrows, but image links are at the end of each tip!)

• Diving Board at LA, use Aqueous Field Scan (Number 1) and interact with shiny to create Fire RingsTM . Jump through these quickly and earn 5 ToT bags. Repeatable every few hours. link
  • Old LA, just east of the diving board are the lion statues underwater. Use Corporeal Field Scan (Number 4) and interact with left lions nose, then right lions nose 4 times for 4 bags. link
  • Old LA, fountainy looking structure (like a big tube), just south of docks. Use Aqueous field Scan (Number 1) and interact with shinies on top of water jets. Avoid excited quaggan. Earns 4 ToT bags. link
  • Sewers in LA, entrance is by the pool of water just south the Guild Bank symbol on the map. Run round the corner and stand at the T junction and use Gaseous Field Scan (Number 2). Interact with shiny that appears and a shade will run from right to left, dropping 3 shinies spaced out. Earns 1 bag per shiny. link
  • Queensdale Cemetery, east of word "Shaemoor" on the map. Two angels at entrance to graveyard, climb hedge and stand on left angel's hand. Use Etheric Field Scan (Number 3) and interact with left hand, then jump across to right angel and interact with shiny hand there to earn 4 ToT bags. link
  • Queensdale Cemetery again, by the angel with pot in her hand at the back right of the cemetery. Use Corporeal Field Scan (Number 4) to create a sparkly in the flowers. Interaction with this creates a group of 4 skeletons, some of which may have ToT bags. Thanks to wraid for the info and Tomehina of [sTAG] for confirmation of this. link
  • Queensdale Cemetery again again, in front of the last row of tombs at the back of the cemetery, using Corporeal Field Scan (Number 4) creates a shiny which, upon interaction, spawns 4 more skeletons to fight, who may or may not have ToT bags on them. Credit goes to whyitisfunny for the tip and Tomehina of [sTAG] for confirmation. link
  • Queensdale Cemetery again again again, by the angel with the pot again. If you jump onto the fence behind the tombs on the right (careful, it's quite a drop!), then onto the bush and onto the tomb tops and saunter on over to the tomb with the flowers in front of it from the last tip and use Aqueous Field Scan (Number 1) a shiny will appear just off the front of the roof. Using this will cause the angel to shoot out water and a point to collect 4 more ToT bags. Congratulations, you just desecrated some tombs for candy! Many thanks to Sacred Scriptures of Sea of Sorrows for this tip. link
  • Kessex Hills Graveyard, Blackroot Cut. Jump onto the roof of the hut using the skulls on the spikes, and use Gaseous Field Scan (Number 2). A shiny will appear off the front of the hut, activating this will create a shiny on the cliff wall behind the hut. Jump to it and interact 4 times to receive 4 ToT bags. Thanks to Buinovsky for this one. link
  • Kessex Hills Graveyard, Blackroot Cut again. The crypt at the back, when Aqueous Field Scan (Number 1) is used, has a shiny on the back wall. Activation of this shiny causes candy golems to rush at you from the beach, be ready! Thanks to koorashi for this one! link
  • Gendarran Fields, Provernic Crypt. Just after the flame traps upon entry there's a row of coffins at the back. Each set of 4 has a spot near it, unveiled with Corporeal Field Scan (Number 4). The left hand set spawns 4 skeletons, and the right hand set rewards you with 4 points which give a ToT bag each! Thanks to koorashi and seriousscrub for this tip!

Many Thanks to Dukko and Syrion_Wraith for their help so far, and everyone else who has suggested spots. I will be checking and confirming any others throughout the day and editing the list when confirmed! Thank you all :)

Thanks for the tips, maybe you should put them inside a spoiler tag. I already found a few of them.

Max

EDIT : Got the free horns and I'm ready to go :

flooximwithhorns.jpg

We should make a group pic with all of our rewards someday.

Edited by Flooxim

Act 2 begins today (sometime) and Act 3 is on the 28th at noon PDT.

Some of the gates now lead to the Mad King's Labyrinth, it is level 80 area thank heavens it up levels you.

post-24566-0-58741500-1351284149_thumb.jpg

And here's some of us with Witch Hats :

Max

Max, is that you under that hat,? :yay:

I am really going to miss the Mad King's Labyrinth runs, really good experience and descent stuff (for me). :(

Edited by Wygram

Yes, I'm the one under the hat. Could you remind me until when we'll be able to do the labyrinth?

Max

Both Lujate and myself thought it would end today but it was still active a few minutes ago. They can leave it active for a couple more days as far as I am concerned. I made it up to 46 and a half tonight. Love the labyrinth. :thumbsup: I went from 36 on the 26th to 46. Nice...

Edited by Wygram