Guild Wars 2 - Save or Spend Influence?

5 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with our Influence?

• Spend it on guild buffs (see OP for details)
    • Save it to spend on possible future guild upgrades

Now that we have our bank completed, we have to decide what to do with our Influence. We can either spend it on guild buffs or save it and see if ANet adds other guild upgrades in the future.

Possible guild buffs:

• +5% Kill experience for 24 Hours
  • +10% Magic Find for 72 hours
  • +10% Gathering Bonus for 48 Hours
  • +15% Karma for 24 hrs

I will leave this poll open until the Deep Cave (bank) upgrade is complete. Right now, it has 159 hours remaining.

Edit:

Max made this suggestion here:

Good idea! More storage is always good. I know we've been talking about spending influence for various boosts, but how about we save up some of it for the guild hall features (that have yet to be announced)?

Right now I would suggest we hold the points for future upgrades. Anet did make a mention of guild halls in the future, I figure if those are implemented then they will cost a fair amount.

:viking:

• Like! 1

I voted to hoard our points. I feel pretty certain something big will come out soon for guilds. :agreed:

Official staffer statement:

http://www.guildwars...180#entry887047

It is helpful to take Eric's full statement into account.

He mentioned that there will be no Guild Halls on release as we want to make Guild Halls a great experience and not just a "place". We will introduce player housing at some point after launch, and at that time we will also implement guild halls.

Here is what the wiki has on guild halls, as of yesterday:

Mentioned

These changes have been mentioned by ANet, but without any hint of a release date or any specific details.

Housing: Guild halls and player housing in their home instance.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Upcoming_changes_and_features

Since they already abandoned one of the core selling points of the game (no gear treadmill), you will have to forgive me the fact the I am skeptical of anything ANet has to say.

Since they already abandoned one of the core selling points of the game (no gear treadmill), you will have to forgive me the fact the I am skeptical of anything ANet has to say.

While I am a normally glass half empty type of guy, I am hoping for a glass half full on Guild Halls.

But there is nothing that completely ties our hands on some guild buffs. :viking:

Good point about Anet's history of choices lujate. However... I reeeeaaally want/hope for guild halls. They were sooo much fun to have in GW1. I can understand what the "Official staffer" said in the quote from my previous post. It makes sense that they would need more time to flesh out the GW2 guild hall concept. As fun as it was to have in GW1, it was a somewhat incomplete idea. It could be so much more than what they did in GW1. On that note, I'm hoping they'll come through! If there's no word of it in January then I'd be willing to give up the idea of a guild hall.

Do the buffs cost very much? I would imagine the cost of those buffs are of inconsequential value. If that's true then I'd be open to the idea of infrequent planned buff activations. :)

Do the buffs cost very much? I would imagine the cost of those buffs are of inconsequential value. If that's true then I'd be open to the idea of infrequent planned buff activations. :)

They cost 500 Influence each.

Edit:

That does not include the prerequisites.

There might be a couple opportunities to spend some influence during wintersday, and if enough guild members login at once, we may be able to afford guild boosts just with that.

There might be a couple opportunities to spend some influence during wintersday, and if enough guild members login at once, we may be able to afford guild boosts just with that.

The buffs themselves would be quite manageable, but the pre-reqs are high enough we cannot do the buffs on a whim.