Need help choosing an RPG !

Hello all iv'e been searching for an rpg where there is no quest markers or mini maps showing you where to go and what to do instead of finding out for your self like in morrowind, I was wondering if there is an rpg like sacred that meet my requirements any help would be appreciated thanx :drunkards:

• Like! 1
Hi Raver_Tom and welcome!

I'm thinking you're looking for open world RPGs?

Skyrim is one of those - a great game and any Morrowind player should have this on their shelf.

Two worlds 2 is another good game IMO. A few bugs but it's been a while since I played it so I don't know if there are good patches/mods out there. It's got a wonderful magic system, though. Go check out youtube for some crazy spell combinations.

From an action RPG point of view you can't go wrong with Torchlight (1 or 2). You just keep gettin' stronger and stronger and fall deeper into dungeon levels. Now this is not really an open world game and you'll be loaded into instances of dungeons of 2 or 3 levels each. But loot, skills, animation, replay-ability, monsters are all out of the top drawer. You'll be addicted within 10 minutes.

MMORPG - Guild Wars 2. 5 huuuuge starter zones so enough to explore at low level. The world map is really big and most of the game can be played solo if you prefer. But think of other players as intelligent NPCs and you'd welcome them with some encounters. If you don't want any mission markers (except personal story marker) this game is right up your alley. Quests are replaced by events that pop up all around you. Run and complete the event, gain xp and loot but no need to return to any quest giver. EDIT: oh, and its buy to play (no monthly subscription)

Edited by Scleameth

Hello all iv'e been searching for an rpg where there is no quest markers or mini maps showing you where to go and what to do instead of finding out for your self like in morrowind, I was wondering if there is an rpg like sacred that meet my requirements any help would be appreciated thanx :drunkards:

Welcome to DarkMAtters RaverTom!

Scleameth has it exactly for Guild Wars two. Well executed, loads of detail and depth, it could be the game that'll drag you in and not let you go.

Delightful!

:)

gogo

Divinity 2 is better in some ways, worse in others. DD is top-down, mouse driven game with Ultima-style world interactivity, D2 is over-the-shoulder 3D and you can change into a dragon and fly around in some parts.

Both games have lots of good quests and npc's and a great world to explore. And no hand-holding or quest markers. You have a journal that you can consult for the names of people and your conversations. They both have great music.

Divinity 2 is better in some ways, worse in others. DD is top-down, mouse driven game with Ultima-style world interactivity, D2 is over-the-shoulder 3D and you can change into a dragon and fly around in some parts.

Both games have lots of good quests and npc's and a great world to explore. And no hand-holding or quest markers. You have a journal that you can consult for the names of people and your conversations. They both have great music.

Divine Divinity kinda reminds me of Sacred 1... Same sort of graphics engine. But if you're going to mention that one - you might as well add the first sequel - Beyond Divinity. It shares the same game engine and has a rather unusual twist to the plot. You play a character that was soul bonded to an evil knight. You have to work together with the bad guy to get to the end of the game. There are also puzzles that need to be solved, tons of bad guys out to kill you and your companion. You can switch control from the good guy to the bad guy and back - You share level up points with your linked companion so you both get new CAs and spells and such.

The end of the game - I won't spoil it. It's a got a good ending - and I'll leave it at that.